What's new

Chinese Red Cross donates 100,000 USD to Pakistan for earthquake victims

100000 USD*100=1,00,00,000 PKR.
What has made me glad is 1.2 Million contributed by the staff of Chinese Embassy, the amount may be small but speaks volumes about the relationships.

The US government has pledged more money toward this year's flood relief efforts in Pakistan than the country's own government, according to a report this month from the Congressional Research Service.
Floods have devastated swaths of the Pakistani countryside this year. And once again the United States is contributing substantial funds, despite strained ties between the two governments and large anti-American street protests.
US outspends Islamabad on flood relief in Pakistan - CSMonitor.com

According to a little noticed detail in a report titled “Pakistan: US Foreign Assistance,” the country's central government has pledged $91 million toward flood relief, a third less than the $134.6 million promised by the US State Department and the US Agency for International Development (USAID) as of the end of September 2012.

Its a joke or they want to offend pakistan instead of helping. :cheesy:

100000 USD*100=1,00,00,000 PKR.
What has made me glad is 1.2 Million contributed by the staff of Chinese Embassy, the amount may be small but speaks volumes about the relationships.

It sure does According to a little noticed detail in a report titled “Pakistan: US Foreign Assistance,” the country's central government has pledged $91 million toward flood relief, a third less than the $134.6 million promised by the US State Department and the US Agency for International Development (USAID) as of the end of September 2012.

The US government has pledged more money toward this year's flood relief efforts in Pakistan than the country's own government, according to a report this month from the Congressional Research Service.
Floods have devastated swaths of the Pakistani countryside this year. And once again the United States is contributing substantial funds, despite strained ties between the two governments and large anti-American street protests.

According to a little noticed detail in a report titled “Pakistan: US Foreign Assistance,” the country's central government has pledged $91 million toward flood relief, a third less than the $134.6 million promised by the US State Department and the US Agency for International Development (USAID) as of the end of September 2012.

US has caused more than 100 billions damage to Pakistan.

Indian members are funny, when China was so poor that the people was actually starving, Mao pledged money to the Africans and the rest of the third world.

oh he pledged so much. Today it is no longer the case. The government can no longer give money like it's going out of style.

US is richer than us let them contribute, apparently so is India, maybe the Indians should give a lot more too.

Chinese people aren't too favorable to Pakistan anyways, why should anyone expect them to donate?

It sure does According to a little noticed detail in a report titled “Pakistan: US Foreign Assistance,” the country's central government has pledged $91 million toward flood relief, a third less than the $134.6 million promised by the US State Department and the US Agency for International Development (USAID) as of the end of September 2012.

US, beyond the shadow of doubt, has spent more than anybody else in Pakistan. However, their aid operations were completely dependent upon the selected NGO. USAID used to handover the money to the officials of the selected NGO and put their faith in. The NGOs made tremendous money out of this. These NGOs used to hire some graduates of US universities and presented them as the face of their NGOs. However, the money, when allocated, was never spent upon the desired purpose. This forced USAID to run an awareness campaign about reporting any USAID funded fraudulent NGO. The end result was that money was transferred to the pockets of owners of the NGOs while the targets of that aid were left with nothing.

Probably just the first installment.....more to come ?

Don't expect another instalment .... Here are the views of your all weether freend:

Right amount to express sympathy. That's good. China is more mature than before.

In addition, China is not a rich country. Why we should give money to others for free.

As usual, some Indians are just pathetic. Ask yourselves, did you ever donate money to anybody?

If you express sympathy, you will get sympathy as well... pakistan will give you all the sympathies in the world, when you need them. However, nothing else, I'm afraid.

Probably just the first installment.....more to come ?

It's coming but from US .... not from the pretender friender.

Helping Pakistan is not very popular in the USA right now, one internet joke is going around is "Would care to help with the Flooding in Pakistan?" Answer is "I would but I don't think my hose would reach that far.

I was about to say something but ...then i realized that I have been outweigh by the chinese !!!

Indians, not all Indians, just those who posted sarcastic jabs or enjoyed the misleading news in this thread, congratulations to you guys for having a penut sized brain:argh:

China delivers emergency aid & cash to Pakistan quake zone CCTV News - CNTV English

1380436779888_1380436779888_r.jpg

China has sent a cargo plane to Karachi, carrying relief supplies to help victims of the quake. The Chinese government is sending a total of around 5 million US dollars worth of emergency aid to Pakistan, as well as 1.5 million US dollars in cash. The deliveries include generators, medicine, tents and blankets.

The first flight of relief materials offered by the Chinese government for
earthquake-hit Pakistan are unloaded at the Jinnah International airport in the
country's southern port city of Karachi on Sept. 28, 2013. China on Thursday
announced humanitarian aid for Pakistan following the recent earthquake there which
includes 1.5 million U.S. dollars and supplies worth 30 million yuan (4.88 million
U.S. dollars).(Xinhua/Masroor)

To be honest, I don't think China has done enough. We can and should do more.

How much has India helped?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom