What's new

Dassault Rafale vs F-22

Rafale is a 4++ Generation it is the closest one can get to the 5th Generation..So the comparison is quite valuable and most interesting..
no sir you are totally false RAFALE is basically best 4.5 strike JET you can compare F-22 with J-20 or PAK-FA

Read the first post..

no sir you are totally false RAFALE is basically best 4.5 strike JET you can compare F-22 with J-20 or PAK-FA
Both J-20 and Pak Fa are not operational yet, So the Rafale was the best to compare with the F-22 ..

Read the first post..

Both J-20 and Pak Fa are not operational yet, So the Rafale was the best to compare with the F-22 ..
with due to respect sir you are wrong the closest rival for F-22 in air to air fight is EF2000 not RAFALE, also as i mention to my above post RAFALE is a multi-role jet and more oriented toward strike role, whereas F-22 is single mission air to air fighter with a secondary mission is strike and signal intelligence and tell me one thing sir does RAFALE has a broadband stealth same as F-22? so your comparision is absolutely false

with due to respect sir you are wrong the closest rival for F-22 in air to air fight is EF2000 not RAFALE, also as i mention to my above post RAFALE is a multi-role jet and more oriented toward strike role, whereas F-22 is single mission air to air fighter with a secondary mission is strike and signal intelligence and tell me one thing sir does RAFALE has a broadband stealth same as F-22? so your comparision is absolutely false
Read the article...There are other comparisons on the net between the EF-2000 and rafale or vs F-22.
No one has said that it was like the Raptor, it is just a comparison of one of the most advanced 4++ G with the F-22, like there are F-22 comparisons with Su-35 ... Eurofighter and F-15s..the real competitors are still in the making!

Rafale is a 4++ Generation it is the closest one can get to the 5th Generation..So the comparison is quite valuable and most interesting..

What exactly does the Rafale possess that other 4+ generation fighters (e.g. F-15SG, F-15SA, F-16E, Su-35, MiG-35, J-10C, J-11D, J-15A, J-16, Eurofighter) do not that warrants it a place alongside fifth-generation fighters?

What exactly does the Rafale possess that other 4+ generation fighters (e.g. F-15SG, F-15SA, F-16E, Su-35, MiG-35, J-10C, J-11D, J-15A, J-16, Eurofighter) do not that warrants it a place alongside fifth-generation fighters?
Who told you it is a 5th G fighter? This bird has active cancellation stealth ..not bad for a 4++ G fighter, no other jet you have mentionned has that, while the Rafale has everything they have..

Who told you it is a 5th G fighter? This bird has active cancellation stealth ..not bad for a 4++ G fighter, no other jet you have mentionned has that, while the Rafale has everything they have..

And why do you believe that active cancellation is the holy grail that allows it to achieve quasi-5th-generation standards? Each other fighter has their own emphases and niches; some are equipped with thrust vectoring, for example, that the Rafale lacks.

Read the article...There are other comparisons on the net between the EF-2000 and rafale or vs F-22.
No one has said that it was like the Raptor, it is just a comparison of one of the most advanced 4++ G with the F-22, like there are F-22 comparisons with Su-35 ... Eurofighter and F-15s..the real competitors are still in the making!
don't fools yourself sir the primary missions of both jets are different so how can you compare with two different jets with different primary missions:hitwall:? most advanced 4.5 gen yes but in the fields of strike and ground support and you should compare F-22 with best 4.5 gen air superiority fighter EF2000:hitwall:

Last edited by a moderator:
Rafale's Spectra EW suite alone makes difference when compared to other 4-4.5 gen aircraft. Also its avionics and weapon package is only comparable to the best.

Rafale's Spectra EW suite alone makes difference when compared to other 4-4.5 gen aircraft. Also its avionics and weapon package is only comparable to the best.
so does DAS in the EF2000:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

And why do you believe that active cancellation is the holy grail that allows it to achieve quasi-5th-generation standards? Each other fighter has their own emphases and niches; some are equipped with thrust vectoring, for example, that the Rafale lacks.
Yes you are right but one goes for stealth and the other goes for manoeuvrability in a dog fight!, not the same thing, Rafale on top of its low RCS bydesign, has also some stealth characteristics, add RAM too..
And please do not get me wrong,, I am being rational.. no emotions towards the Rafale..

don't fools yourself sir the primary missions of both jets are different so how can you compare with two different jets with different primary missions:hitwall:? most advanced 4.5 gen yes but in the fields of strike and ground support and you should compare F-22 with best 4.5 gen air superiority fighter EF2000:hitwall:
No , I am going to tell you this time that you are very wrong.. The Rafale is called the Omnoi-Role fighter, that means it can take any role more so than multi-Role fighter, it was designed at first for air supremacy, but its design fit every other role there is for a fighter aircraft.. you might call it a 4+++ generation fighter

Yes you are right but one goes for stealth and the other goes for manoeuvrability in a dog fight!, not the same thing, Rafale on top of its low RCS bydesign has also some stealth characteristics add RAM too..
And please do not get me wrong,, I am being rational.. no emotions towards the Rafale..

Don't get me wrong; the Rafale is an excellent asset for anybody to get their hands on. However, we need to be a little more meticulous when evaluating its parameters; for instance, there is merely no way for anybody besides an engineer to estimate its RCS, especially considering that RAM and composites are also present on other aircraft.

Don't get me wrong; the Rafale is an excellent asset for anybody to get their hands on. However, we need to be a little more meticulous when evaluating its parameters; for instance, there is merely no way for anybody besides an engineer to estimate its RCS, especially considering that RAM and composites are also present on other aircraft.
For RCS one can look through brochures and the net, Dassault wonn't give false info!, it is supposed to have a low RCS, not a very low nor avery very low.. like the F-22

For RCS one can look through brochures and the net, Dassault wonn't give false info!, it is supposed to have a low RCS, not a very low nor avery very low.. like the F-22

I would highly doubt that Dassault would publish RCS figures; the term "low" could mean anything.

Back
Top Bottom