What's new

Defence deals: US offers to match India’s ally Russia

Pokemon is bang on , just an eyelash from the paid media to propagate US interests in India. I don't think anyone can match India-Russia Friendship...

Thora de de thakur, thora sa to de de, verna thori le le
Thoda aur naak nagarao

what about a permanent seat in UN on US' expense???that will be a formidable weapon.. :D

growler will be great if we get them..apart from that,lets get few subs..we are really short on them..few LA class subs will be great..and yes..please forget to rip those Tridents for us(off the book deal).. ;)

US would have if not for the dumb Nehru.

India doesn't need, growlers, f22 or f35 for that case, what would be a great buy would be buying 20 f16 Blk52 for DACT training for India.
If US can provide that, it will send the most powerful signall more powerful than selling us f22raptors.

I know...i was emphasizing on how How US counter balances...It was a hypothetical example.

Why people forget how Russia "counterbalance" India and China for money? Case to point - Su-30.

Having stated that, here are 3 scenarios which India can play out in future.

1. India sides with US - Russia will stop being friendly with India as Russia's interest lays with SCO. Russia will start courting Pakistan and provide weapons to her. India can get advanced weapons from U.S which Russia/China/Pakistan will not have as U.S is the technology leader when it comes to arms.
2. India stays neutral - U.S will get frustrated at some point and will stop supporting India either for Permanent seat in SC or in other areas of influence. U.S will not sell cutting edge tech. weapons to India. Russia will sell cutting edge weapons to India but at the same time will sell it to Pakistan/China. Pakistan in addition will get weapons from China.
3. India sides with Russia and becomes part of SCO - U.S will be an enemy at that point. But SCO will have China as well and its all-weather friend, Pakistan. China will be dominating with SCO, India will vye for influence with Pakistan and Russia will stay neutral and will provide whatever weapons it sells India to Pakistan as well. In addition, Pakistan will get advanced weapons from China as well.

So India need to take its pick. (I have removed the common factor from all 3 - India developing her own advanced weapons). This is the situation for the next 2-3 decades until India fulfils her potential as a major power.

Why people forget how Russia "counterbalance" India and China for money? Case to point - Su-30.

Having stated that, here are 3 scenarios which India can play out in future.

1. India sides with US - Russia will stop being friendly with India as Russia's interest lays with SCO. Russia will start courting Pakistan and provide weapons to her. India can get advanced weapons from U.S which Russia/China/Pakistan will not have as U.S is the technology leader when it comes to arms.
2. India stays neutral - U.S will get frustrated at some point and will stop supporting India either for Permanent seat in SC or in other areas of influence. U.S will not sell cutting edge tech. weapons to India. Russia will sell cutting edge weapons to India but at the same time will sell it to Pakistan/China. Pakistan in addition will get weapons from China.
3. India sides with Russia and becomes part of SCO - U.S will be an enemy at that point. But SCO will have China as well and its all-weather friend, Pakistan. China will be dominating with SCO, India will vye for influence with Pakistan and Russia will stay neutral and will provide whatever weapons it sells India to Pakistan as well. In addition, Pakistan will get advanced weapons from China as well.

So India need to take its pick. (I have removed the common factor from all 3 - India developing her own advanced weapons). This is the situation for the next 2-3 decades until India fulfils her potential as a major power.

you still dont have a clue of Indian Foreign policy do you????

INDIA was-is-and will remain neutral forever.....if a country wants to deal with India it has to negotiate billaterallylisten and not dictate to India and India listen to the counterpart....

if interests converge then we make the curry if it doesn't then the deal is off NO HARD FEELINGS.......

Neither US and definitely not SCO(China wud never allow it anyway)....INDIA HAS HER OWN CAMP....Yes in the last decade of Cold War economic problems definitely put India in the USSR camp by 60%....

had India wanted to join any alliance then it had not developed SSBNs....

The only memebership India really wants is UNSC seat which i think we will anyway get in a decade or so....
Yes if scotland breaks apart in 2014 then Britain as a country would cease to exist and i think so wud respectfully withdraw from UNSC.....Its not a force in UNSC anyway...It has to vote with Americans as a puppet regime...The perhaps India can fill the void...But there are many iIFs...

INDIA was-is-and will remain neutral forever.....if a country wants to deal with India it has to negotiate billaterallylisten and not dictate to India and India listen to the counterpart....

if interests converge then we make the curry if it doesn't then the deal is off NO HARD FEELINGS.......

Neither US and definitely not SCO(China wud never allow it anyway)....INDIA HAS HER OWN CAMP....Yes in the last decade of Cold War economic problems definitely put India in the USSR camp by 60%....

The only memebership India really wants is UNSC seat which i think we will anyway get in a decade or so....
Yes if scotland breaks apart in 2014 then Britain as a country would cease to exist and i think so wud respectfully withdraw from UNSC.....Its not a force in UNSC anyway...It has to vote with Americans as a puppet regime...The perhaps India can fill the void...But there are many iIFs...

Looks like you have a crystal ball on the future Indian foreign policy. And looks like you have a better idea on the achievements of India in the past 65 years in "almost" staying neutral. Let me hear it from you, chief. Also care to enlighten me on India's own "camp".

This is great news and I think India should meet the USA half way here, the USA are obviously trying and US tech is some of the best in the world, this could even lead to R%D with the USA and with Israeli in there as well it would be a unstoppable force these three nations combining together.

But India and a lot of Indians need to set aside their hang ups from decades ago about the USA, India needs to meet them half way here, trust me this will be good for both the USA and India, both nations need each other in these tough times and great democracies need to stick together.

To be honest, the US doesn't really care about democracy in other countries.

The US have seemingly always taken sides with the winners. Short sighted or not! I mean, look at their history.

I think that people need to get rid of this illusion that the US intends to side with democratic nations. That's a lie. They are all media propaganda and merely on paper.
I have never said that they care about Democracy,they only cared about their short-term goals. You failed to understand what I meant.

Paksitan would not have gone the way it has if they had democracy and would have tried to be at arms length with US, they(and US for its part) went all the way to a deadly embrace as rightly put by Bruce Riedel.

Pakistan is the biggest threat US sees in terms of Global Jihad, it is only because when it had to renounce dictators; it embraced them with open arms.

Winning is all that matters to them. And that will increase due to the ever growing Chinese boogeyman.

Russia on the other hand is a rather unusual stakeholder with no solid direction from its leadership (at least, it appears that way).
Obviously China plays a role in this affinity to us partly because they failed to appease their leadership and them being a tad bit arrogant of their clout.

I would say

"Thank you to an openly Aggressive China",

We are getting best possible deals from America, France, russia and Israel.

+ Equal partnership in DARPA Global Strike Project
+ Share all sensitive tech related to BMD (including air-born laser)
+ Open a JSF production Plant in India with 100% ToT (and partnership in all future projects)

growlers is not a big thing... but nimitz.....

Supercarrier like Nimitz does not fit our capabilities anytime soon .
biting off more than we can chew

I agree with on India being neutrals on most international issues but Do you think US needs you or even want to support you if India wants to be neutral, US friendship comes with only one condition you support them unconditionally, and you get bonus points if you get bullied around on occasions.

US would have if not for the dumb Nehru.

Thats an urban legend.

dated September 28, 1955: UN seat: Nehru clarifies

Prime Minister Nehru has categorically denied any offer, formal or informal, having been received about a seat for India in the UN Security Council. He made this statement in reply to a short notice question in the Lok Sabha on September 27 by Dr. J.N. Parekh whether India had refused a seat informally offered to her in the Security Council. The Prime Minister said: "There has been no offer, formal or informal, of this kind. Some vague references have appeared in the press about it which have no foundation in fact. The composition of the Security Council is prescribed by the UN Charter, according to which certain specified nations have permanent seats. No change or addition can be made to this without an amendment of the Charter. There is, therefore, no question of a seat being offered and India declining it. Our declared policy is to support the admission of all nations qualified for UN membership.''

USA!

Approve Arrow-2 sales to India, if you are serious

+ Equal partnership in DARPA Global Strike Project
+ Share all sensitive tech related to BMD (including air-born laser)
+ Open a JSF production Plant in India with 100% ToT (and partnership in all future projects)

Supercarrier like Nimitz does not fit our capabilities anytime soon .
biting off more than we can chew

I am aware of that buddy... but what i mean is, they can't or they will not provide Nimitz class or that kinda sophisticated technology to us.... if they are willing to sell.... that will be a big thing........ I didn't mean,that we should look after nimitz....

Back
Top Bottom