What's new

Diamer-Bhasha : Pakistani diaspora excited to donate for dams

The failure is collective, and applies equally to ALL governments and dictatorships. That is the point. The failure is national. It is good to see some action towards addressing this massive issue that is only growing worse the longer a solution is delayed, but it remains to be seen if any effective solution will be implemented.
Please compare both dictator vs democracy progress for country you will have your answer unless you are pro democracy. Musharraf was shouting out loud that we need kala bagh dam but then again democracy stopped him. To be honest democracy is a curse for country like Pakistan if not for Imran khan I am sure we all will be crying and surely leaving country by 2030.

Please compare both dictator vs democracy progress for country you will have your answer unless you are pro democracy. Musharraf was shouting out loud that we need kala bagh dam but then again democracy stopped him. To be honest democracy is a curse for country like Pakistan if not for Imran khan I am sure we all will be crying and surely leaving country by 2030.

For the topic of this thread, both elected and non-elected gormints are equally to blame. No large dams by either the civilians or the faujis. Zero:zero. The curse is equal, in this particular match.

And I hope that IK succeeds in what he has promised to the nation. Unlikely, but let us all hope anyway.

Last edited:
how much amount IK himself has donated in dams fund?

These were major projects. Do some research.
MANGLA DAM
Storage Capacity
5.88 MAF
after rising
7.475 MAF
water capacity increase 1.60 MAF approx.

http://www.wapda.gov.pk/index.php/projects/hydro-power/o-m/mangla/item/65-mangla-dam-raising-project

The period in question is after 1969. Mangla was built in 1961. No military or civil government built any major dams after 1969. They are both to blame equally.

Let us hope that the present civil-military union delivers the Diamer-Bhasha dam to store water before the situation gets too dire.

15d040w.png

Upgrades added about 3 MAF of storage, hardly major.
3MAF is not major:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3MAF is not major

..... considering that Pakistan needs about 20-25 MAF now, correct. And needs are growing day by day, quite literally. A 12% bump in capacity of one dam is not going to do it.

It is a very good start but still I believe that Pakistan will have to organize at least 2 Donors Conferences and invite friendly countries there to contribute for dams. We should stop using this arrogant narrative that we will not ask for money from any country. We dont even have money to run country, these donations from Pakistanis will give maximum 2 Billion dollars what about the rest of the 10+ Billion dollars? With current economic condition we cant allocate 2 billion dollars in budget every year. I dont think its enough. Another way to get funds is to retrieve it from the corrupt elite but it seems that govt is not in mood to use any money retrieval method. Govt is busy shuffling bureaucracy by the rate of 1 change / week.

Pakistan doesn't require the 15 billion dollars overnight. Besides expecting to collect such a huge sum in a matter of days and weeks is unrealistic. 2 billion dollars or more will go a long way intially. Start building the dams and keep collecting.

..... considering that Pakistan needs about 20-25 MAF now, correct. And needs are growing day by day, quite literally. A 12% bump in capacity of one dam is not going to do it.

Not doing anything is not an option. Pakistan will have to start somewhere. Don't blame Imran Khan or the CJ for starting and supporting this initiative. I say to the dam critics.

Had the previous governments done their job Pakistan wouldn't be facing such a critical situation today.

LOL at the stupid critics criticizing CJ for starting the dam initiative. The problem in Pakistan is that these fvcking libtards don't let anyone do any good. I hope these libtards suffer from thirst and a lack of water without the dams. Fvcking libtards.

how much amount IK himself has donated in dams fund?

In any case more than Nawaz Sharif, Zardari and their entire clan.

Well said. What has this democracy delivered in Pakistan? Only corruption and enmity between peoples. Today one province opposes building dams when its babies and elders are literally dying due to lack of clean water. The fuedals in this province would rather oppose dams and accept the death of their children.

Far be it for a humble ignorant indian to post in this thread, but have there been ever a case in modern history where big infrastructure projects have been build by Charity? It just looks like a crude money grubbing exercise by the powers that be .

Far be it for a humble ignorant indian to post in this thread, but have there been ever a case in modern history where big infrastructure projects have been build by Charity? It just looks like a crude money grubbing exercise by the powers that be .

You are indeed an ignorant Indian. Don't poke your ugly nose in matters you oppose anyway. We don't expect you to support any positive iniative and development in Pakistan.

Don't know about others, but I am personally a witness to the capability of the Pak folks in donations and organizations for a noble cause!!! In my hometown, the Muslim Community Association mosque, school, graveyard etc. are the products of such leaderships and donations!!! In this occasion, I'd like to remember Rahmet-li Mehbub Han from Pakistan for his tireless dedication and constant persuasion for the staffs mentioned above!!! He was found dead, due to a heart attack, at his office desk while typing e-mails regarding donations for the Bosnian Muslims during the genocide!!! May Allah-u Azimushshan grant us such deaths ...

Don't know about others, but I am personally a witness to the capability of the Pak folks in donations and organizations for a noble cause!!! In my hometown, the Muslim Community Association mosque, school, graveyard etc. are the products of such leaderships and donations!!! In this occasion, I'd like to remember Rahmet-li Mehbub Han from Pakistan for his tireless dedication and constant persuasion for the staffs mentioned above!!! He was found dead, due to a heart attack, at his office desk while typing e-mails regarding donations for the Bosnian Muslims during the genocide!!! May Allah-u Azimushshan grant us such deaths ...

Well said. No one can doubt the national sincerity being shown with this project, but please keep in mind that raising enough money will be the easy part. I am not sure that the other aspects of the project will go as smoothly.

Back
Top Bottom