What's new

Downed Indian Wg Cdr from 27th PAF-IAF aerial engagement promoted

that guy has my respect for keeping his composure till now, haven't seen him babbling about his "heroic" acts on that day, also he unlike others is actually battle hardened and has learned some VERY invaluable lessons especially when it comes to being POW. I don't see being a POW being a hinderance with promotions. What happens in PAF? if a person is shot down becomes POW and is back to active duty will he/she not get any further promotions or what?

Salaam

People saying it's shameful to be captured by the enemy are so strange.

Did the man not get on a fighter jet and meet the enemy in battle? It is immaterial whether he shot down or was shot down. He fought. Risked his life. Did his duty.

When he was captured, he carried himself honourably.

What else do people expect of a soldier?

Girte hain shahsawar hi maidan-e-jang mein
Wo tifl kyaa girega jo ghutnon ke bal chale

He deserves the awards he is getting. Wasn't John McCain also a pow? He was highly respected throughout his life and rightly so. Abhinandan was a good soldier who discharged his duty reasonably well.

You are correct. He serve honorable. The only thing he doesn’t deserve is the “dodge AMRAM” badge.

one more cup of tea can promote him to Air Marshal.
but in their defense, how and where would they find any soldier or pilot to promote who has won war.

that guy has my respect for keeping his composure till now, haven't seen him babbling about his "heroic" acts on that day, also he unlike others is actually battle hardened and has learned some VERY invaluable lessons especially when it comes to being POW. I don't see being a POW being a hinderance with promotions. What happens in PAF? if a person is shot down becomes POW and is back to active duty will he/she not get any further promotions or what?

unlike this Indian hero

Abhinandan was awarded the Shaurya Chakra for his role in the 2019 February air strike on terrorist camps in Pakistan.

Abhinandan was awarded the Shaurya Chakra for his role in the 2019 February air strike on terrorist camps in Pakistan. (File photo)

The Indian Air Force has promoted war hero Wing Commander Abhinandan to the rank of Group Captain. Abhinandan is credited to have been the only Mig-21 pilot ever to have shot down an F-16.

Abhinandan was awarded the Shaurya Chakra for his role in the 2019 February air strike on terrorist camps in Pakistan.
He shot down the F-16 over Azad Kashmir, but was taken captive by the Pakistan Army after his plane was shot down by enemy forces.

ALSO READ | Head held high, IAF pilot and nation's hero Abhinandan Varthaman comes home

However, he maintained his composure even in captivity, holding his head high.

Abhinandan’s unit 51 Squadron also received a unit citation for its role in thwarting the Pakistan Air Force’s aerial attack on February 27, 2019. India had carried out the strikes in response to a Jaish-e-Mohammed attack on a CRPF convoy.

Balakot air-strike hero Abhinandan promoted as Group Captain - India News (indiatoday.in)

It is not Abhinandan who deserve to lead India, but India deserves to be led by somebody like Abhinandan. This is your real level.

Great Job. India needs more heroes like him. A true role model for all indian pilots. :enjoy:

We need more indian pilots with the achievemts of abhinandan sahib. :omghaha:

he conducted himself gracefully.
even if now he claims to have shot down 50 F16s 12 J10 9 Baloons 11 drones 62 pigeons and 12 skylabs of Pakistan on 27 February to comply with his national narrative I will still respect him gor his patriotism.

to date he has not made such public claim.
correct me if I am wrong

he hasn't said anything precisely because he's still on active duty but banday ka future set hai, a huge book and movie contract awaits.

there was also John McCain, who, despite his politics, was a much celebrated war hero in the US

a very Trumpian critique of this most brave airman, all this "I don't like people who got captured" :lol: or whatever he said :sarcastic:

in which video game ?
Dementia simulator (2019), deluxe edition available exclusively in India.
he conducted himself gracefully.
even if now he claims to have shot down 50 F16s 12 J10 9 Baloons 11 drones 62 pigeons and 12 skylabs of Pakistan on 27 February to comply with his national narrative I will still respect him gor his patriotism.

to date he has not made such public claim.
correct me if I am wrong

He will not claim any stupid things. We have even more footage of him which hasn't been released. Wait for 27th February 2022.

Wah Abhi-None-Done, after such a failure still got promoted so they could just keep the false narrative of downing an F-16 could be kept alive? Amazing. :rofl::rofl:

Sadly for him he was part of Indian Air force.
He promised during interrogation he will NOT SPEAK BADLY OF PAKISTAN and until today he has kept his promise...he is better than every Indian ever

Back
Top Bottom