What's new

Durand Line Conflict | Exclusive Interview of Suhail Shaheen

One of the terms of the treaty of Durand line and the Afghan government states that " In order for the treaty to be valid, it has to be re signed or re agreed each time there is a change of government in either country". That's the reason, the treaty was first, signed by Abdul Rahman Khan, then renewed by Habibullah Khan, then Amanullah khan as they became the rulers of Afghanistan. This is a requirement in the terms of the treaty. Now once British India was dissolved and Pakistan came into being, that meant a change in the ruler unless you count Pakistan as a continuiation of British India. Afghanistan and Pakistan have no agreement on Durand line, and the treaty was never renewed by Zahir Shah or Pakistani rulers, so as per the terms of the treaty itself. It's null and void. This is the main argument from the Afghan side and justified to some extent.

Rora all these referendums will end up in a mess because some will say oh we wanna join Afg, some will say we want FATA back, and others want option for Pashtunistan.

People from Waziristan just want to be left alone, they aren't gonna choose Afghanistan.

They call us pro pak Pashtuns as "Gul Khan" they say Waziriyan are the most "ghairatmand" due to their anti pak stance.

With this mentality, one can expect delusion and complete absence from reality. They just want to regain some valor and glory and Pakistan is an easy target because we take this sh*t from them. They will never accept any referendum

Are the Waziris like the Kunari/Nuristani people; the most independent of the independent? I remember reading no matter who is in control in Kabul the Kunaris view them as outsiders. What has been the most effective way the Afghans have dealt with them besides just letting them do whatever they want?

Do you think it would be best if Pakistan, along with fenced off the border “fenced off” Waziristan, not literally but with enhanced checkpoints in and out of Waziristan into the rest of Pakistan? Or has the threat just been exaggerated and we should just let them live how ever they want in Waziristan as long as they don’t bring it out of that region into the rest of the country, because without government presence, what is to stop them from moving on the rest of the country like they did with Swat and other places a decade ago?

If I understand correctly, most Pashtuns in Pakistan are fine with Pakistan and it’s territorial integrity. So I ask the above questions cautiously, because we don’t want to hurt the majority (and cause a backlash/ insurgency) just to punish the few spoilers. Also would you say these spoilers are just hiding behind the excuse of Pakistan “not being Islamic enough” just to malign Pakistan, while they (the spoilers) themselves are just calling their own cultural practices Islamic, when it is their unique interpretation of their culture? It seems there are many spoilers that negotiations will just not work with and as you agreed in another post, expulsion is the only solution. This was the solution the Talibs just recently did (in September) to the irreconcilable part of the Panjshi population, so it’s not an alien concept to them.

Last edited:
This "ummah" idea that Pakistanis have is toxic and cancerous because it doesn't exist anywhere else, we are essentially boot licking people for nothing. Hopefully can get rid of this ASAP. It should always be Pakistan and Pakistanis first. Unity is key to development and internal stability.

As for Taliban Khan, unfortunately he's probably still the best out of all options.

I remember reading somewhere that all Afghan refugees were going to be sent back but I don't know how true that is. But I do think it's in our national interest, before they spread their mentality like a plague, which would be a whole new BLA. India would jump at this opportunity. They are national security risks.

EXCELLENT Analysis, excellent post!!!!!...........you should be made a think tank analyst.........you have a good insight in to the ground realities affecting Pakistanis...........:-)

EXCELLENT Analysis, excellent post!!!!!...........you should be made a think tank analyst.........you have a good insight in to the ground realities affecting Pakistanis...........:-)

Or he knows all the right words to play you like a banjo.

If there is to be an ummah then it will be called Pakistan and it's capital will be Lahore. Everyone will be expected to tour the city once a year to pay tribute.

Why Lahore? Objective Resolution was passed in Karachi while Muslim League was formed in Dhaka.

Lahore is a strategic nightmare.

What an idiotic post another 5ft column.. This is in short translation for pull your garment down so that you can get azz fuked and ended.. Nobody wants you continued existence except few muslim countries the rest of the world would wish you away if they could...

Pakistanis delude themselves that the world wants there existence or is accepting to them nah dawg you got it totally wrong... Pakistan is only respected for its sheer strength but nobody loves it and they could have wished her away if possible... Except muslim states who actually would mourn for it and would viewed as threat themselves

He is right. Apart from Pakistanis, NO other Muslims care about the "Ummah" or Muslims that are not the same race as them. Try telling a Gulf Arab or a Palestinian that Pakistanis are their fellow "Muslim brothers and sisters" and are equal to them. See what their response would be.

He is right. Apart from Pakistanis, NO other Muslims care about the "Ummah" or Muslims that are not the same race as them. Try telling a Gulf Arab or a Palestinian that Pakistanis are their fellow "Muslim brothers and sisters" and are equal to them. See what their response would be.

They do believe me.. If Pakistan goes there will be worries in these countries and could trigger responses but the remaining of the world will celebrate..

Some Pakistanis just wanna cannibalize Pakistan... Or just want pakistan to cannibalize itself

They do believe me.. If Pakistan goes there will be worries in these countries and could trigger responses but the remaining of the world will celebrate..

Some Pakistanis just wanna cannibalize Pakistan... Or just want pakistan to cannibalize itself

Which non-Pakistani Muslims care about the Ummah? Pakistanis keep saying that they do but I don't see any evidence of this.......... :disagree:

Which non-Pakistani Muslims care about the Ummah? Pakistanis keep saying that they do but I don't see any evidence of this.......... :disagree:

I say make Pakistan great so we can lead Ummah in the future. 😉 I met one Qatari a fee years ago who told me that they expected big things from Pak in the future given the fact that we're the only nuclear power in the muslim world.... who knows,

I say make Pakistan great so we can lead Ummah in the future. 😉 I met one Qatari a fee years ago who told me that they expected big things from Pak in the future given the fact that we're the only nuclear power in the muslim world.... who knows,

Let's first make Pakistan a good country to live in that is advanced and self-sufficient. Then we'll look at other things. Talking about the Ummah whilst Pakistan remains poor and a third world nation is the height of stupidity and mental retardedness......... :disagree:

Let's first make Pakistan a good country to live in that is advanced and self-sufficient. Then we'll look at other things. Talking about the Ummah whilst Pakistan remains poor and a third world nation is the height of stupidity and mental retardedness......... :disagree:

Are you saying we should decouple Turkey one of our second arms provider including axe KSA a country that has bailed us out millions of times which we have defense treaties including which helped build nukes and look elsewhere? What you are saying is Pakistan should weaken to bare bones.. Next time try to see things from the bigger picture even axe our connectivity thru AFG to Central Asia and jeopardize our economy along the way

I guess it is time to officially hand out some more medals to our Military High Command (especially the past leadership which helped Talibaan and Afghanistan and at the same time pissed of the US); their GIFTS continue to return with interest and God knows how much more we will have to endure.

Had we taken care of these Bastards when the US demanded help and had we simply aligned with the US in wiping out the scum, perhaps even taking over the country in the process, we would have been so much better. We would have preferred trade relations, no FATF, no shaming and no retribution, free military aid and financial assistance until we got back on our feet. And the powers that be pissed on all of that. And now the Talibaan are doing what they do best, bite the hands that have not only fed them for decades but continues to feed them.

Without our explicit and extreme help, most of these Assholes would die of hunger and cold; the ungrateful retards!

Back
Top Bottom