What's new

Economy bounces back to record 5.7% growth, highest in over two years

BD GDP is around 170-180 billion, depending on who you believe.

What is Maharashtra State then?

226 billion$ .And that was in 2012-2013 financial year .
Datas of 2013-14 financial year is still dont released .Much higher than this probably nearer to 250 billion .
I hope you can understand.

Confidence is an indicator, but not a game changer! The confidence doesn't get the common man more money to spend, especially when the government is even increasing the price rise, rather than reducing it. It's nice that mobiles or flatscreen TVs now costs less, but people that have to pay more and more for gas, energy, public transportation and even basic food, won't have the money to buy a new TV right?
And as I mentioned earlier, many foreign vendors were disappointed by the government not going for credible tax reforms and that certainly didn't increased their confidence in the government, but that doesn't mean India would not be an attractive place to invest (now when money is free again to invest abroad) or that India is not a good place to import from. It's not like UPA2 made India less attractive, but that the global situation was not good enough to boost our economy more, nor to invest in India. The UPA did reacted to that and we see the results now, NDA will do reforms too and we will see results of that in future too.

just look at Sensex. It was only confidence that drove the stock market to it new heights.

Assumption are good for self consumption. If you have any thing to backup your claim then sure do it.

I don't know what are you talking about. Indian govt has not projected the economy to grow at 6% in the 1st Q ,estimation was at 5.3% but has grown at 5.7% in 1Q of 2014.
There you go ,IMF projection of Indian economy in the 1Q of 2014--
IMF Paints Positive Picture for Indian Economy in 2014 - India Real Time - WSJ
That was the estimate of 5.4% but the results have outperformed @5.7 in Q1
Economy grows 5.7%, clocks fastest growth in 2 yrs - Hindustan Times
World bank projects 5.5% in 2014 &
6.4% in 2015
South Asia
So 8% in 4yrs? by 2019 ,ain't an impossible task like u make it sound to be,investment and reforms are what will propel it to 8% ,and its happening ,outlook is positive as far as Investing in India is concerned .so i guess,its better to wait for Q2 results that would be released in November,that could give a better picture of how thing would turn out to be, and btw if you think Modi would come back in power in 2019 with just 7% growth rate ,then you horribly wrong.

Dude, everyone makes assumptions here.

NO-ONE can ever predict what will happen in economics.

No less than the IMF predicted in 1960 that by 2000, India would displace the US and become the richest country on the planet.

I think Modi can raise the 7% a year average over the last two terms of the UDA by 1% a year on average. A country like India simply cannot grow 10% a year average like China but Modi is welcome to prove me wrong.

226 billion$ .And that was in 2012-2013 financial year .
Datas of 2013-14 financial year is still dont released .Much higher than this probably nearer to 250 billion .
I hope you can understand.

Well that is the richest state in India. It is not fair to compare the most developed part of India to BD as a whole.

I think catching the richest state in India should be a nice target for BD to aim for.

fair enough, assumptions which at times overshoot the prediction or completely misses its goal.
a few example of failed assumption,perhaps even IMF failed to realise this..
India beats China in growth sweepstakes - Financial Express
I think Modi can raise the 7% a year average over the last two terms of the UDA by 1% a year on average. A country like India simply cannot grow 10% a year average like China but Modi is welcome to prove me wrong
Just like you said.
so what is that ,which would stop India to grow at 9-10% wich the speed at which china grew ,corruption? governance? Investments? Reforms? Or simply a will to make a change,well whatever that resaon maybe i can see this present Indian govenment making a change.things won't happen in a midnight,it would take time. Decisions taken by previous UPA govt at the end of their term had indeed fueled the economy, decision made by this govt would be visible by the end of this year.
As far as growing faster than china is concerned ,well time will tell, India had grew faster than china not long ago ,and will surely do it again,
India outpaces China: Winning the growth World Cup | The Economist
but you are free to have your opinion.

just look at Sensex. It was only confidence that drove the stock market to it new heights.

As I said in my earlier post:

confidence might change the value of shares, but only policy changes and reforms actually changes growth

Economy bounces back to record 5.7% growth, highest in over two years | Page 5

But then again, the sensex is growing for nearly the last 10 years, except of the financial crisis years, so that has nothing to do with Modi or NDA either.

No less than the IMF predicted in 1960 that by 2000, India would displace the US and become the richest country on the planet.

I think Modi can raise the 7% a year average over the last two terms of the UDA by 1% a year on average. A country like India simply cannot grow 10% a year average like China but Modi is welcome to prove me wrong.

Well that is the richest state in India. It is not fair to compare the most developed part of India to BD as a whole.

I think catching the richest state in India should be a nice target for BD to aim for.
I dont compare .You start the comparison .
We cant compare BD and Maharahstra.Maharashtra GDP is almost equal to our western neighbours GDP.
Forget about it.

India's economic growth hits two year high

_71420852_147820279.jpg

India's economy grew by 5.7% in the three months to June, its fastest pace in two-and-a-half years, according to an official estimate.
The economy was helped by strong growth in electricity, gas and water supply, and financial services, the Ministry of Statistics said.

The growth figure was higher than analysts had been expecting.
India's new government has launched policies designed to encourage business investment, including changes to tax.

_77207535_464x2.jpg

Analysis: Sameer Hashmi, India Business Report

Ever since the Narendra Modi government took charge, business sentiment has improved on the ground. Investors have started pumping in money again, capital markets have been roaring, consumer demand has revived & hiring has picked up.
But this euphoria is primarily driven by sentiment and more steps would be required to sustain this optimism.
The performance of the Modi government as it approaches a hundred days in office - has been a mixed one.
While it has initiated measures to minimize tax litigation and opened up defence manufacturing along with railway infrastructure to attract foreign investors, it is still to announce big bang reforms that would give a major boost to the economy.

BBC News - India's economic growth hits two year high

We need to colonize the Indian ocean and space. Think above and beyond. Create farming on water, have Hindu swami pass aws that decree its ok to eat rats and bugs which will help to resolve malnutrition issues, create better tech for cleaning water and desalination that is cost effective, start creating underwater cities near the shore to see the potential and learn from it. We need to start learning to eat exotic sources of nutrition ike sea weed, algae, moss, sea cucumbers, etc.

Low end manufacturing industries will only wreak havoc in India and its fragile environment. We need to resolve it somhow with better checks and safety measures. By doing so, you create a solution to a problem that is already affecting the world.

California has decided to ban the use of plactic bags. Think about it. India has been blindly aping and following the West, wherese a few decades ago we were all using jute or hemp bags. We were supporting an industry and giving ppl work by supporting the hemp industry ....but we gave in to international pressure. Now the same countries that used pressure are thinking of reversing it. Wake up.....dream big, think big

i want 10% gdp growth rate by 2019....otherwise i will vote against modi.

Are you nuts? Maharashtra is only the richest state by overall GDP, not GDP per capita. Moreover, Maharashtra has 40 million less people than Bangladesh does. In other words, Bangladesh is really, really poor. With a GDP per capita around half of India's overall, Bangladesh would be one of the poorest states in India. Maybe Bangladesh can catch up with India growth-wise, but considering its government and other factors like geography, that seems next to impossible. Just hope that some of the wealth from Eastern India trickles down into Bangladesh as both countries develop. Otherwise, Bangladesh should really build up stronger economic ties with India.

Last edited:
[quote ="axisofevil, post: 6123171, member: 15889"]We need to colonize the Indian ocean and space. Think above and beyond. Create farming on water, have Hindu swami pass aws that decree its ok to eat rats and bugs which will help to resolve malnutrition issues, create better tech for cleaning water and desalination that is cost effective, start creating underwater cities near the shore to see the potential and learn from it. We need to start learning to eat exotic sources of nutrition ike sea weed, algae, moss, sea cucumbers, etc.

Low end manufacturing industries will only wreak havoc in India and its fragile environment. We need to resolve it somhow with better checks and safety measures. By doing so, you create a solution to a problem that is already affecting the world.

California has decided to ban the use of plactic bags. Think about it. India has been blindly aping and following the West, wherese a few decades ago we were all using jute or hemp bags. We were supporting an industry and giving ppl work by supporting the hemp industry ....but we gave in to international pressure. Now the same countries that used pressure are thinking of reversing it. Wake up.....dream big, think big[/quote]
KerAla did it banning plastic bag

We need to colonize the Indian ocean and space. Think above and beyond. Create farming on water, have Hindu swami pass aws that decree its ok to eat rats and bugs which will help to resolve malnutrition issues, create better tech for cleaning water and desalination that is cost effective, start creating underwater cities near the shore to see the potential and learn from it. We need to start learning to eat exotic sources of nutrition ike sea weed, algae, moss, sea cucumbers, etc.

California has decided to ban the use of plactic bags. Think about it. India has been blindly aping and following the West, wherese a few decades ago we were all using jute or hemp bags. We were supporting an industry and giving ppl work by supporting the hemp industry ....but we gave in to international pressure. Now the same countries that used pressure are thinking of reversing it. Wake up.....dream big, think big

Kerala did it too banning plastic bags

Base effect。

A bounce from a very low base。

Too early to jump over the moons。

Let's wait and see how the Indian economy performs in the next couple of years。

Are you nuts? Maharashtra is only the richest state by overall GDP, not GDP per capita. Moreover, Maharashtra has 40 million less people than Bangladesh does. In other words, Bangladesh is really, really poor. With a GDP per capita around half of India's overall, Bangladesh would be one of the poorest states in India. Maybe Bangladesh can catch up with India growth-wise, but considering its government and other factors like geography, that seems next to impossible. Just hope that some of the wealth from Eastern India trickles down into Bangladesh as both countries develop. Otherwise, Bangladesh should really build up stronger economic ties with India.

Dude, stop trying to mislead like most Indians here.

BD GDP/capita passed the 1K US dollar mark last year. India is at 1.6K this year. BD economy is growing faster than India and so the gap is narrowing as time goes by.

BD has a life expectancy of over 70 years which is around 4 years higher than India.

Millions of Indians die of malnutrition every year - Indians are the only people outside sub-saharan africa that die due to lack of food.

In short, India is a horrible place to live for all but the rich.

I

Back
Top Bottom