What's new

Erdogan welcomes Abbas in Ottoman Empire style ceremony

Syrian Lion

Reaction score
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
3563467567.si.jpg

A grand reception in the likes of the Ottoman Empire has welcomed Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas to Anakara, as Turkey resurrected images of past warriors to greet the foreign leader.

Accompanied by spear-carrying warriors and guards in chainmail and golden helmets, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan welcomed Abbas to the new presidential palace - the Ak Saray.

The scene of the historical costume drama included 16 warriors each representing one of the 16 empires of Turkish history from the Hunnic Empire, founded around 200 BC, to the Ottoman Empire which was dissolved in 1920.

B7MfnItCQAEFT6o.jpg:large

Social media, however, was quick to point to Erdogan's imperial ambitions depicted in the mascarade.

“It seems that turkish president @RT_Erdogan thinks he's a #sultan,” user @ddurejko said in a tweet.

B7Lk-qGIIAEf2Tn.jpg:large

The staged ceremony was conducted at Ak Saray, the controversial presidential palace on the outskirts of Ankara that was opened at the end of October. Inspired by Seljuk architecture, it has 1,150 rooms and was built at a cost of around €490 million.

The palace houses state-of-the-art communications systems and has bunkers able to withstand biological, nuclear and chemical weapons attacks, according to local media.

The presidential quarters are also defended from spies with additional anti-bug measures and security against wiretapping.

Erdogan welcomes Abbas in Ottoman Empire style ceremony — RT News

________________________________________________________________________________________

Erdogan is trying to bring Ottoman empire starting with the war in Syria, and meanwhile he wants to join the EU..... I feel bad for Abbas, how embarrassing for him... :lol:
Turkey’s EU membership would ease today’s cultural clash in Europe: PM - POLITICS

The woman accomplice in the Paris massacre has just crossed the border. Funny how no Kurdish fighters have managed to get across and yet ISIS and Al Nusra ones do so constantly.
They always get across even PKK admits that they find other ways to get to syria the other terrorists do the same. How do you think pkk attacked turkish soldiers from Iraq for the past 30 years? They crossed the Turkish -Iraqi border and they snuck across syrian border all these years aswell.
with or without NATO? just so we can prepare :D
I don't go into the syria thing lately, it is a very confusing situation.There was no killing in the past thats all I have to say about that.

Janissaries were there too a few months ago :D

View attachment 183716

View attachment 183717

View attachment 183715

Flags from Turkic Empires are also at ceremonies from now on:

View attachment 183718
what do most of the Turkish people think about erdogan trying to relive or bring back Ottoman empire? does this impact Turkey being secular, and etc?? is that a sign of change in Turkish government being more in control? a message to the people that erdogan is the "sultan"??

He scored a point from me for inviting Attila the Hun too :lol:

I think he understood that EU is not going to accept Turkey so he went ape sh1t.

Atilla was biggest enemy of Europe and China. They still quiver when they hear the word Atilla.

what do most of the Turkish people think about erdogan trying to relive or bring back Ottoman empire? does this impact Turkey being secular, and etc?? is that a sign of change in Turkish government being more in control? a message to the people that erdogan is the "sultan"??
It depends on who you ask. Alot of people like the empire idea and alot of people like the idea of turkey going on its on and staying within its own borders. In the 21st century empires look different than they did in the past imo. Today you build empires with economic unions and military alliances. The AK-47 and home made bombs make empire building in the conventional sense difficult. Its not like in the past where you defeat the enemy army and the shows over, today its hard to occupy any land if people are willing to resist. My personal opinion is that nations should be friendly to each other and trade with each other, if they want to genuinely join together then thats okay.

It depends on who you ask. Alot of people like the empire idea and alot of people like the idea of turkey going on its on and staying within its own borders. In the 21st century empires look different than they did in the past imo. Today you build empires with economic unions and military alliances. The AK-47 and home made bombs make empire building in the conventional sense difficult. Its not like in the past where you defeat the enemy army and the shows over, today its hard to occupy any land if people are willing to resist. My personal opinion is that nations should be friendly to each other and trade with each other, if they want to genuinely join together then thats okay.
here is my two cents... it showing that erdogan will be given more powers and that will lead into more trouble, and not just in Turkey but also in the region, erdogan will keep people busy with other fears such as the war in Syria, I$I$ and Kurds conflicts and etc... but that's just my opinion... and erdogan is heading in the step of giving himself and akp complete control over the country...

here is my two cents... it showing that erdogan will be given more powers and that will lead into more trouble, and not just in Turkey but also in the region, erdogan will keep people busy with other fears such as the war in Syria, I$I$ and Kurds conflicts and etc... but that's just my opinion... and erdogan is heading in the step of giving himself and akp complete control over the country...
I can say this. Turkey is not interested in Syrian land because there are Arabs there. We just want to stabilize Syria so the Syrian people can move back and that is not possible with Assad randomly bombing Syrian cities. Also I find it funny you think Turkey will create problems when in the past Syria, Greece, Armenia and Iran supported PKK terrorism against us. That is simply not possible anymore. We will come after you.

Back
Top Bottom