What's new

Ex-governor, UN ambassador Nikki Haley calls out Eileen Gu: 'You're either American or Chinese'

I did, both. And if I am not mistaken, some one here think my "ID Card" and "My passport is old"

If you want, I am more than gladly to invite you to my home in Guangdong or the one in Dongguan. That is if you can get a visa to come to China first LOL
Sorry, I can't go back to China now, can you show on the forum ? Now I like to see if it's true that China doesn't accept dual citizenship as the gov claims since you said otherwise.

Sorry, I can't go back to China now, can you show on the forum ? Now I like to see if it's true that China doesn't accept dual citizenship as the gov claims since you said otherwise.
As I said, I have already show them a long time ago here (like when I first join the forum), I am not planning on doing that again (Not even sure if I can find those document now), if you want, you can ask some of the OG Chinese member about it.

China accept dual citizenship as long as it suit its purpose, as I said, Elieen Gu is a prime example, she obviously have (or had) Chinese Citizenship or else she cannot represent China, and everyone renouncing US citizenship would have their name published in the Federal Register, and being born in California mean she have birth right citizenship in the US, her name does not appear in the federal register, which mean she did not renounce her US Citizenship either. Which mean she have her Chinese Citizenship and her US citizenship.

As I said, I have already show them a long time ago here (like when I first join the forum), I am not planning on doing that again (Not even sure if I can find those document now), if you want, you can ask some of the OG Chinese member about it.

China accept dual citizenship as long as it suit its purpose, as I said, Elieen Gu is a prime example, she obviously have (or had) Chinese Citizenship or else she cannot represent China, and everyone renouncing US citizenship would have their name published in the Federal Register, and being born in California mean she have birth right citizenship in the US, her name does not appear in the federal register, which mean she did not renounce her US Citizenship either. Which mean she have her Chinese Citizenship and her US citizenship.
That's only what the American poster saying about Elieen Gu.

That's only what the American poster saying about Elieen Gu.
Seems like you have problem understanding the situation.

1.) Elieen Gu MUST HAVE (or had) Chinese Citizenship to represent China, that's not even debatable.
2.) Elieen Gu did not renounce her US Citizenship

Most people here don't know, renouncing US Citizenship instantly put you on Prohibited Person list for owning a firearm, which mean all renouncing is recorded and all record are available to look at in Public, so everyone can look it up so they can't say they don't know this person is prohibited before selling them guns..

The Gun Control Act (GCA), codified at 18 U.S.C. § 922(g), makes it unlawful for certain categories of persons to ship, transport, receive, or possess firearms or ammunition, to include any person:

• convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;
  • who is a fugitive from justice;
  • who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act, codified at 21 U.S.C. § 802);
  • who has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution;
  • who is an illegal alien;
  • who has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions;
  • who has renounced his or her United States citizenship;
  • who is subject to a court order restraining the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of the intimate partner; or
  • who has been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.

There are ABSOLUTELY no record on one Elieen Gu renouncing her US Citizenship, being 19 years old, her record cannot be sealed, which mean she still kept US Citizenship, a Citizenship that she obtained by being born in the United States.

This is not some US poster said, this is about public record.

Seems like you have problem understanding the situation.

1.) Elieen Gu MUST HAVE (or had) Chinese Citizenship to represent China, that's not even debatable.
2.) Elieen Gu did not renounce her US Citizenship

Most people here don't know, renouncing US Citizenship instantly put you on Prohibited Person list for owning a firearm, which mean all renouncing is recorded and all record are available to look at in Public, so everyone can look it up so they can't say they don't know this person is prohibited before selling them guns..

The Gun Control Act (GCA), codified at 18 U.S.C. § 922(g), makes it unlawful for certain categories of persons to ship, transport, receive, or possess firearms or ammunition, to include any person:

• convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;
  • who is a fugitive from justice;
  • who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act, codified at 21 U.S.C. § 802);
  • who has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution;
  • who is an illegal alien;
  • who has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions;
  • who has renounced his or her United States citizenship;
  • who is subject to a court order restraining the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of the intimate partner; or
  • who has been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.

There are ABSOLUTELY no record on one Elieen Gu renouncing her US Citizenship, being 19 years old, her record cannot be sealed, which mean she still kept US Citizenship, a Citizenship that she obtained by being born in the United States.

This is not some US poster said, this is about public record.
I don't see the record shown on the forum, it's his word.

there are people from both China and US are feeling played by Gu, yet she keeps having her ways in both.

even the shrewdest double agent in the cold war era is nothing compared to her😅

Show your Chinese and Aussie citizenship cards on the forum then.

This troll is a false flagger for sure. Years ago he was dumb enough to respond to my questioning in "Chinese" using google translate.

He did quote the record.

Go back to post #44

This listing contains the name of each individual losing their United States citizenship (within the meaning of section 877(a) or 877A) with respect to whom the Secretary received information on a quarterly basis. The expatriation tax provisions under Section 877 and Section 877A of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC) apply to US citizens who have renounced their citizenship and long-term residents (as defined in IRC 877(e)) who have ended their US resident status for federal tax purposes.

Expatriation on or after June 17, 2008​

If you expatriated on or after June 17, 2008, the new IRC 877A expatriation rules apply to you if any of the following statements apply.

• Your average annual net income tax for the 5 years ending before the date of expatriation or termination of residency is more than a specified amount that is adjusted for inflation ($162,000 for 2017, $165,000 for 2018, $168,000 for 2019, and $171,000 for 2020.
  • Your net worth is $2 million or more on the date of your expatriation or termination of residency.
  • You fail to certify on Form 8854 that you have complied with all U.S. federal tax obligations for the 5 years preceding the date of your expatriation or termination of residency.

Is Elieen Gu paying federal taxes in US ? I don't think so. That's why probably she is not listed there. She was only 15 in 2019 when became a Chinese citizen and renounced US one, she wasn't an adult.

Last edited:
This listing contains the name of each individual losing their United States citizenship (within the meaning of section 877(a) or 877A) with respect to whom the Secretary received information on a quarterly basis. The expatriation tax provisions under Section 877 and Section 877A of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC) apply to US citizens who have renounced their citizenship and long-term residents (as defined in IRC 877(e)) who have ended their US resident status for federal tax purposes.

Expatriation on or after June 17, 2008​

If you expatriated on or after June 17, 2008, the new IRC 877A expatriation rules apply to you if any of the following statements apply.

• Your average annual net income tax for the 5 years ending before the date of expatriation or termination of residency is more than a specified amount that is adjusted for inflation ($162,000 for 2017, $165,000 for 2018, $168,000 for 2019, and $171,000 for 2020.
  • Your net worth is $2 million or more on the date of your expatriation or termination of residency.
  • You fail to certify on Form 8854 that you have complied with all U.S. federal tax obligations for the 5 years preceding the date of your expatriation or termination of residency.

Is Elieen Gu paying federal taxes in US ? I don't think so. That's why probably she is not listed there. She was only 15 in 2019 when became a Chinese citizen and renounced US one, she wasn't an adult.
IRC 877A is the law that regarding people who Expatriate to avoid tax, which is a crime in the US. It have no different if you expatriate tax, which only mean if you expatriate (renouncing) your citizenship you are still liable for tax as non-resident alien status for the last 5 years if you earn any money in the US. Otherwise it is a crime for you to relinguish your citizenship solely because you try to avoid tax.

(a)Treatment of expatriates
(1)In general
Every nonresident alien individual to whom this section applies and who, within the 10-year period immediately preceding the close of the taxable year, lost United States citizenship shall be taxable for such taxable year in the manner provided in subsection (b) if the tax imposed pursuant to such subsection (after any reduction in such tax under the last sentence of such subsection) exceeds the tax which, without regard to this section, is imposed pursuant to section 871.

(2)Individuals subject to this sectionThis section shall apply to any individual if—
(A)
the average annual net income tax (as defined in section 38(c)(1)) of such individual for the period of 5 taxable years ending before the date of the loss of United States citizenship is greater than $124,000,
(B)
the net worth of the individual as of such date is $2,000,000 or more, or
(C)
such individual fails to certify under penalty of perjury that he has met the requirements of this title for the 5 preceding taxable years or fails to submit such evidence of such compliance as the Secretary may require.
In the case of the loss of United States citizenship in any calendar year after 2004, such $124,000 amount shall be increased by an amount equal to such dollar amount multiplied by the cost-of-living adjustment determined under section 1(f)(3) for such calendar year by substituting “2003” for “1992” in subparagraph (B) thereof. Any increase under the preceding sentence shall be rounded to the nearest multiple of $1,000.

The database is unaffected whether you met this criteria or not, it just mean that if you met this criteria set out on 877a2, you are still liable to pay tax for the last 10 years (If you had not done so already) or that would consider a violation of IRC 877, which mean you have broken the law.

Everyone renouncing Citizenship will appear on that database, again, that serve more than just IRS, you are a prohibited person once they renounced their citizenship, that was used to maintain NICS.

So yes, if she renounced her citizenship, her name will be there, and if she is earning 120000 a year in the preceding 5 years or worth 2 millions net worth or failed to certified she had not make this requirement for the last 5 years, then that mean she would have to pay the tax for the last 10 years before she renounce her citizenship. That's it.

Back
Top Bottom