What's new

Eileen Gu angers Chinese fans with ‘unpatriotic’ farewell message and video showing her flying private [jet back to the US]

She is going to study in Stanford. Obviously she has to get back to US.

A huge number of real Chinese citizenry, many of them scions of CCP leaders and officials study in US universities and it is not such a big deal. Even if some of them return to China it will only expand cooperation

Awesome. She made millions from US corporate sponsorships and is now taking a well deserved college seat. Well done.
well done indeed..except you got your facts wrong...as usual.

Gu’s sponsors in America include Red Bull, Cadillac, Beats by Dre headphones and Victoria’s Secret, however those endorsement deals are nothing compared to what she has garnered in China.

She reportedly has over 20 endorsement deals in her adopted country, including Bank of China, China Mobile and milk company Mengniu

If you think Gu Ailing has American citizenship, you can look for the news about Gu ailing getting a US passport. If this happens, I am sure that American journalists will not let it go.

Passport is an important symbol of nationality. Gu ailing used a Chinese passport, but she did not get a US passport. You can refer to the American Law on nationality, which can clearly tell you what it means.
Gu was born in the US, she automatically has US citizenship. No US citizen must have a passport to prove citizenship. Who told you that?

Gu was born on September 3, 2003, in San Francisco, California, United States.​

Before the age of 18, the nationality of Chinese born in the USA is vague.

stop spouting the same nonsense over and over. As a minor I had three passports, US, French and the UK. A child born in the US is a US citizen and entitled to hold a US passport. A minor can renounce his or her US citizenship but can recover his or her citizenship until six months after their 18th birthday. After that they have to apply for a green card to restore their citizenship like any other naturalised immigrant.

There is no vagueness about the 14th amendment, a person born in the US is a US citizen PERIOD until they officially renounce their citizenship. The US does not care if you are simultaneously a citizen of a 100 other countries.

stop spouting the same nonsense over and over. As a minor I had three passports, US, French and the UK. A child born in the US is a US citizen and entitled to hold a US passport. A minor can renounce his or her US citizenship but can recover his or her citizenship until six months after their 18th birthday. After that they have to apply for a green card to restore their citizenship like any other naturalised immigrant.

There is no vagueness about the 14th amendment, a person born in the US is a US citizen PERIOD until they officially renounce their citizenship. The US does not care if you are simultaneously a citizen of a 100 other countries.
Minors under the age of 18 can indeed have both Chinese and American passports, but passports before the age of 18 are very short. For example, the U.S. passport Gu ailing applied for at the age of 14 is only valid for 5 years, it is now invalid. Only the Chinese passport applied by Gu Ailing in june2019 is still valid.

Foreigners born in the USA are only eligible for U.S. citizenship, not necessarily U.S. citizenship. They have the right to choose their nationality at the age of 18. So they don't have to go through the procedure of renouncing their nationality.

Foreigners born in the USA are only eligible for U.S. citizenship, not necessarily U.S. citizenship.
Wrong. Supreme Court of the US (SCOTUS) interpreted the 14th Amendment as ANYONE borned on US soil is automatically US citizenship. Keywords search: scotus 14th amendment citizenship .

The 14th Amendment’s citizenship clause overruled Dred Scott, declaring that “All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.”​

Eileen Gu was born on CONUS, specifically US state California, and that AUTOMATICALLY made Gu a US citizen.

Wrong. Supreme Court of the US (SCOTUS) interpreted the 14th Amendment as ANYONE borned on US soil is automatically US citizenship. Keywords search: scotus 14th amendment citizenship .

The 14th Amendment’s citizenship clause overruled Dred Scott, declaring that “All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.”​

Eileen Gu was born on CONUS, specifically US state California, and that AUTOMATICALLY made Gu a US citizen.
Well, if you have to think so, we don't have to keep arguing. I suggest you wait until the American reporter finds out that Gu ailing uses an American passport, and then forward the news to me. If Gu ailing always uses a Chinese passport, you really can't prove that she has American citizenship.

According to the laws of the two countries, Gu ailing needs to change her passport after the age of 18, that will determine her nationality.

I don't think so. I'm quite sure her US passport is still valid and there is no reason to renew it unless it expires. Dual citizens can have two passports.

well done indeed..except you got your facts wrong...as usual.

That's a common trait of his.

Minors under the age of 18 can indeed have both Chinese and American passports, but passports before the age of 18 are very short. For example, the U.S. passport Gu ailing applied for at the age of 14 is only valid for 5 years, it is now invalid. Only the Chinese passport applied by Gu Ailing in june2019 is still valid.

That's ridiculous logic. Nobody waits until the day the passport expires to renew. Plus I believe one interview said her mother and she have been bouncing back and forth from China during the summer (when school is out) since she was little. So she likely had a passport well before age 14.

Last edited:

Foreigners born in the USA are only eligible for U.S. citizenship, not necessarily U.S. citizenship. They have the right to choose their nationality at the age of 18. So they don't have to go through the procedure of renouncing their nationality.
she is a green card holder, thus eligible for the US covid relief money... it's nothing for her tho, maybe didn't collect it

Validity of the US passport has nothing to do with US citizenship. Many US citizens don't even have a passport since they never applied for one.

Well, if you have to think so, we don't have to keep arguing. I suggest you wait until the American reporter finds out that Gu ailing uses an American passport, and then forward the news to me. If Gu ailing always uses a Chinese passport, you really can't prove that she has American citizenship.
Under US laws, anyone borned in the US is automatically US citizen. The passport got nothing to do with this. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom