What's new

Eileen Gu angers Chinese fans with ‘unpatriotic’ farewell message and video showing her flying private [jet back to the US]

It’s how a fool and his money parts ways. I never bought anything cause it had someone’s name or logo on it unless I like a particular style and quality.
When Ronaldo Cristiano urged for water over Coca-Cola, supposedly the company's stock dropped a few points. Am making no comments about that because I do not drink soda to start. But if that story is true, then it is revealing of how much popular opinions about brands and branding holds sway in society, and how people exploits that for personal wealth.

Moreover, Gu Ailing has shown her personal income tax payment voucher to Chinese Internet users on her microblog. Certificate issued by China Taxation Bureau.

well, there is no dual taxation treaty between the US and China. So what she paid in China is irrelevant to the IRS. She has to pay tax on the entirety of the Chinese income.

The one taken for ride is USA. USA educated her, groom her and nurture her into such talent and yet what she do? Represent China for winter Olympic and help us won 2 gold.

I pity the American. :enjoy:
How much was she paid to represent China? We all know the Olympics was nothing but a propaganda exercise for China, so having Eileen Gu win gold medals fits this narrative.

Regardless of what she did for China, and the riches that come with it, she decided to return to the US. This is giving butthurt to China.

well, there is no dual taxation treaty between the US and China. So what she paid in China is irrelevant to the IRS. She has to pay tax on the entirety of the Chinese income.
Gu ailing got a Chinese passport at the age of 18, but did not get a US passport. According to the nationality laws of China and the USA, her American nationality has been automatically cancelled. The USA has no right to tax a Chinese person's income in China.

BTW:According to the nationality laws of China and the USA, the nationality of Chinese born in the USA before the age of 18 is uncertain. Nationality can only be selected after the age of 18. Therefore, Gu ailing does not need to pay the US renunciation of nationality tax. Because according to the laws of the two countries, Gu ailing never became an American.

This stupid silly censorship firewall stuff is so outdated and stupid that i don't even understand how or why the Chinese public tolerate it anymore. it's ridiculous.
Funny enough the article is right, even Chinese members here using VPN to circumvent their own country's rules/laws against accessing foreign banned websites like PDF is actually still illegal and normally if Chinese authorities decide to implement their own laws many Chinese members on here will be behind bars. LMAO. Even though funny enough they support this great firewall (publicly) on this site just for the sake/image of their country. lool
To remind you, VPN is legal in China. Only VPN provided by Falun Gong and other evil cult organizations is illegal.

Don't deliberately confuse the difference between the two.

When China just set up a firewall, these cult organizations immediately provided free VPN to Chinese Internet users and joined Anti China advertising. Because it is free, it quickly occupied most of the VPN market. Later, China announced that it was forbidden to use the VPN issued by the cult, but other legitimate VPNs can still be used. China is a big trading country. How can the Chinese government ban all VPNs? If we do that, it will hurt China's foreign trade. I think any mature person should be able to understand the logic. As long as the IQ is no less than 82, it is easy to infer.

As for why we should set up a firewall. In fact, you only need to see how much Internet users in various countries hate Indian Internet users. China has more Internet users than India. Chinese netizens are full of hostility to Western media, and their collision with Western netizens will be more intense than Indian netizens. And Chinese netizens like group action. They often attack some people and websites collectively. What's worse, the art of swearing in China is far more than that in the West.
The establishment of firewalls and VPNs in China is actually filtering Chinese Internet users. Avoid Chinese netizens being like Indian netizens.
In fact, China's firewall is protecting you. You can imagine that if there were no firewall, the number of Chinese members' replies under this post would expand a hundred times. And most of the replies will be all kinds of curses. Of course, this will also lead to your hostility towards China and the Chinese people, thus undermining China's actual interests.

Last edited:
How much was she paid to represent China? We all know the Olympics was nothing but a propaganda exercise for China, so having Eileen Gu win gold medals fits this narrative.

Regardless of what she did for China, and the riches that come with it, she decided to return to the US. This is giving butthurt to China.
In fact, Gu Ailing has long announced that she will study in Stanford University in the USA after the Olympic Games, and she will continue to train in the USA. China is a temperate and tropical country. There is no suitable training ground for skiing here.

But this will not bring a blow to China, because China is not a country dependent on immigration. China just needs Gu Ailing's star effect to promote the development of skiing in China and promote more domestic consumption demand.

All American members here are deliberately avoiding talking about Gu Ailing's real attack on the USA. That is, Gu Ailing has hurt the value and attractiveness of American nationality.

The USA is a country that depends on immigrants. This is where Americans are really angry about Gu ailing. In fact, Gu ailing received her Chinese passport as early as june2019, which also means that she did not choose the USA. Even Gu Ailing has represented China in the competition as early as 2018. American media should have known for a long time that Gu ailing would not represent the United States in the Olympic Games. It was the US media that brought Gu ailing to the focus of attention during the Olympic Games for anti China propaganda.

If it were not for the hype of the American media, the Chinese would hardly know the existence of Gu ailing. Before the Olympic Games, Gu ailing had participated in the competition on behalf of China for three years, but the Chinese media had not even reported on her.

Gu ailing got a Chinese passport at the age of 18, but did not get a US passport. According to the nationality laws of China and the USA, her American nationality has been automatically cancelled. The USA has no right to tax a Chinese person's income in China.

BTW:According to the nationality laws of China and the USA, the nationality of Chinese born in the USA before the age of 18 is uncertain. Nationality can only be selected after the age of 18. Therefore, Gu ailing does not need to pay the US renunciation of nationality tax. Because according to the laws of the two countries, Gu ailing never became an American.

you really think she relinquished her US citizenship... :lol:
did she sneak in to the US from Mexico? Or, queue up incognito among thousands of fellow visa applicants outside the US embassy in Beijing?

how do I know she's in the US? I saw her at the first ever Miami Grand Prix a few weeks ago.

did she sneak in to the US from Mexico? Or, queue up incognito among thousands of fellow visa applicants outside the US embassy in Beijing?

how do I know she's in the US? I saw her at the first ever Miami Grand Prix a few weeks ago.

You should consult the nationality laws of the USA. Gu ailing had no right to choose her nationality before the age of 18, and her nationality could only be determined after the age of 18. So Gu ailing didn't give up her American citizenship.

She just didn't choose American citizenship. She received a Chinese passport at the age of 18, which means that she was also a Chinese citizen before the age of 18.

I suggest you check Gu Ailing's microblog. She has explained it many times. She does not need to participate in the procedure of renouncing her U.S. citizenship, nor does she need to participate in the procedure of becoming a Chinese citizen. Because she was originally Chinese.

If you think Gu Ailing has American citizenship, you can look for the news about Gu ailing getting a US passport. If this happens, I am sure that American journalists will not let it go.

Passport is an important symbol of nationality. Gu ailing used a Chinese passport, but she did not get a US passport. You can refer to the American Law on nationality, which can clearly tell you what it means.

If you think Gu Ailing has American citizenship, you can look for the news about Gu ailing getting a US passport. If this happens, I am sure that American journalists will not let it go.

Passport is an important symbol of nationality. Gu ailing used a Chinese passport, but she did not get a US passport. You can refer to the American Law on nationality, which can clearly tell you what it means.

why will there be any news of her acquiring a US passport? there is no proof that she renounced her US citizenship in the first place.

her name has never appeared in this list.

Gu ailing got a Chinese passport at the age of 18, but did not get a US passport.

How did she fly to other countries for the various tournaments she was in before the olympics if she did not have a US passport?

2019 in Italy...she obviously has a US passport inorder to get there.

Two Passports​

As a dual citizen, you are allowed to carry passports from both countries

Last edited:
why will there be any news of her acquiring a US passport? there is no proof that she renounced her US citizenship in the first place.

Was going through that link found this:

Presidential Determination No. 2022-14 of May 23, 2022

Designation of Colombia as a Major Non-NATO Ally​

Memorandum for the Secretary of State​

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including section 517 of the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961, as amended (22 U.S.C. 2321k) (the “Act”), I hereby designate Colombia as a Major Non-NATO Ally of the United States for the purposes of the Act and the Arms Export Control Act (22 U.S.C. 2751et seq.).

------------------------------

Wonder when we can expect war to break out in Venezuela down the road

@LeGenD @RescueRanger @That Guy

How did she fly to other countries for the various tournaments she was in before the olympics if she did not have a US passport?

Two Passports​

Before the age of 18, the nationality of Chinese born in the USA is vague. Legally, if she is under the age of 18, neither China nor the USA will deny her nationality, before the age of 18, Gu ailing can use passports from two countries.

According to the laws of the two countries, Gu ailing needs to change her passport after the age of 18, that will determine her nationality.

In june 2019, Gu ailing got a Chinese passport and never got a US passport, it shows that her nationality is clearly Chinese.

According to the laws of the two countries, she was judged to have been a Chinese national since her birth. Her nationality before the age of 18 was also clearly Chinese, so she doesn't need to withdraw from American citizenship.

At the end of April, Gu ailing used a Chinese passport to enter the USA from Canada by virtue of F1+i20.

Why do I say passport is the basis of judgment?
Because you can know Gu Ailing's choice as long as you search whether she has changed her US passport since she was 18 years old. If she had changed, the American reporter would not have missed the news.

You can search for the validity of U.S. passports under the age of 16.

Last edited:

Two Passports​

You mean she cannot get visa to get to Italy using her Chinese passport?

Then how did so many Chinese tourist or business delegate visited Italy? All by smuggling? LOL..

Nice twist. It is US the one got butthurt and nice twist plot to claim its China got hurt. Who got the 2 olympic gold? Its China and not US from her. She go back to US of cos its understable. How many Chinese companies or competition about ice skate?

Awesome. She made millions from US corporate sponsorships and is now taking a well deserved college seat. Well done.

Back
Top Bottom