What's new

Exploring Saudi Arabia's marine wonderland

al-Hasani

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Yeah, I'd love going there too.

You mean the entire Red Sea and Gulf coastline? We are talking about thousands of km of coastline - some very unexplored and tropical. We are blessed with arguably one of the very best coastlines that there are not to mention what is under the water in terms of animal life, coral reefs etc.
The nature and diversity in KSA is unique. Sadly far too many locals (for my liking as well) do not explore the country. Being the size of all of Western Europe or not should not be a excuse.

Go visit one of the tropical islands in the Red Sea, one of the stunning beaches, valleys, oasis, palm forests, tropical forests in the Southern parts, mountains, steppes, all the different and stunning deserts, ancient villages, visit all the diverse regions and the people etc.

Me, 2 of my brothers and some cousins did a little tour of parts of Hejaz and some of the Southern parts of KSA last year. That was overall a very limited tour (only 1 week) in the bigger picture but it was amazing nevertheless. I can't imagine doing it on a much bigger scale.

I guess that far too many Saudis do not even know about the wonders displayed in that BBC documentary I posted in this thread.:cheesy:

Awww cute! wahabi turtles.

Good vid bro. There's a good future for Saudi. Lots of money and lots of empty land to develop on. Time to think ahead when the Oil runs out or is less profitable.

Awww cute! wahabi turtles.

KSA has it all. Deserts, beautiful marine wildlife, plenty of oil to develop the country - and public beheadings :omghaha:

I bet the marine wildlife are wondering when the Saudi regime will be as evolved as they are :lol:

Good vid bro. There's a good future for Saudi. Lots of money and lots of empty land to develop on. Time to think ahead when the Oil runs out or is less profitable.

What is wrong with you cousin? Are you trying to ruin another thread? KSA is much more diverse than Israel will ever be even if some of your fellow Jews dream of a "Greater Israel" will come to fruition. Anyway off-topic.

Please delete the first part of your post otherwise you will start a long trolling feast (this is how this forum works) so you force me to report your post before the thread gets destroyed.

What is wrong with you cousin? Are you trying to ruin another thread? KSA is much more diverse than Israel will ever be even if some of your fellow Jews dream of a "Greater Israel" will come to fruition. Anyway off-topic.

Please delete the first part of your post otherwise you will start a long trolling feast (this is how this forum works) so you force me to report your post before the thread gets destroyed.
Dry your tears bro, just a joke.

I have deleted it.

But I like Wahabi Turtles. That stays :lol:

During his first exploration of the Red Sea the legendary underwater explorer Jacques Yves Cousteau observed about the shorelines of Saudi Arabia and Sudan - "Life abounds in bank after bank of exuberant coral structures, second only to those of the Great Barrier Reef in extent and exceeding it perhaps in splendour. Here there is deep clarity, blazing colour, and active fauna".

For years cloaked in secrecy, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has exploded on to the tourist track. International Cultural Tourism has been evident for many years with groups coming from Japan, America and Europe. Saudi Arabia is now realising a national heritage and opening sustained dive tourism. Our Saudi Arabia dive trips are from Liveaboards and proving to be a great success. This is as a result of spectacular diving with newly discovered dive sites and an abundance of large pelagic activity both on our Yanbu and Farasan Banks itineraries, with several species of sharks including silkies, oceanics and tigers, as well as giant mantas.

It has been said that Saudi Arabia is one of diving's last frontiers, and it is a fact that very few westerners have ever been able to dive here. The appeal of diving almost untouched, barely explored reefs is undeniable. With an incredible variety of marine life and some of the most flourishing coral reefs to be found anywhere in the world - it is no wonder that so many famous explorers have dived here.

The Red Sea is rated as one of the top ten diving destinations in the world. Egypt, Sudan and Jordan offer fantastic diving, but how many of you have dived the Saudi Arabian Red Sea? How many of you know anyone who has? Without question, many if not most of the outer reefs in that region have never been dived. The diversity of marine life and fauna along the reefs really are quite exquisite and offer the diver a high quality and extremely memorable diving experience.

2znu0js.jpg

72af4g.jpg

3484kmc.jpg

Diving holidays to Saudi Arabia | Red Sea Diving Holidays | Liveaboards in Saudi Arabia | Yabul and Farasan Banks are Saudi Arabia's top dive sites

Red sea is infested with sharks too..

:D

They are harmless as most animals unless you frighten them/attack them. Of course you have to take your precautions like with most things in life.

Dive with Farasan Banks Silky Sharks, Saudi Arabia - YouTube

Whale Shark, Al Lith, Saudi Arabia - YouTube

Tiger sharks in Yanbu - Saudi Arabia - YouTube

Hammerhead Shark in Yanbu, Saudi Arabia - YouTube

Diving, Rabigh ,

I am great fan of the sea-life and the beautiful Red Sea in particular.

Another little set:

21jxglt.jpg

k2k9yh.jpg

fac0o8.jpg

nf5dvo.jpg

wbclk1.jpg

302xwg9.jpg

28utylu.jpg

35d4vgk.jpg

2w35clg.jpg

2gua1q8.jpg

A interesting and probably for all very surprising fact: There are 1150 islands along the Saudi Arabian Red Sea coastline.
"There are plenty of untapped opportunities to promote tourism through the 1,300 islands in the Kingdom's waters. While 1,150 of them are in the Red Sea and 150 in the Arabian Gulf, only 405 have distinct names and been surveyed by the Saudi Geological Society," said a member of the JCCI Tourism Committee Khaled Fahd Al-Harthy.
1,300 Saudi islands look for investorsTravel & Tourism - Zawya

Back
Top Bottom