What's new

Fork and knife etiquette in South Asia

i am right handed... for right handers, your supposed to use fork in left hand and knife in the right hand.

when im in thailand, they dont use knives, you have your spoon in right hand and use the spoon to cut food, and then you shovel it onto the spoon with the fork in ur left hand

MY cousin eats roti with knife and fork, she even eats fish with knife and fork :hang2:

Yikes that's just... :hitwall:

I use the European one because its easier than switching hands:tongue: Anybody here who uses a fork instead of a spoon to eat rice.
As far as eating Pizza with Knife and Fork is concerned most people in HK use them at Pizza Hut..made me look like a idiot as I was using my hands.
Another classic are the disposable gloves provided at KFC while ordering chicken...but people use them while eating burgers :confused:
glovesprovidedforchicken.jpg

I do. I prefer a fork to a spoon whenever possible. I only use spoons for cakes and soups.

haa q, sharam ati hai?, one doesnt need spoon and fork to eat naan with curry, i dont usually eat with hand but i can eat biryani with hand if i eat in takeaway

also pizza or burger

---------- Post added at 06:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 AM ----------

ary yaar q dukh kerta, y commit suicide, main hun na :D

khaana khane ka mazaa to haathon se hee hai , i never eat /cant eat with churee kaanta????

kya kare hum chai me biscut dibo kar khane waalee quam jo hain!!!!!

In my opinion we South Asians blindly following British traditions without any logic.Our culture is not suitable for spoons and forks. Don't you think best way of eating delicious biryani by hand.Same thing applies to blazers.Blazers are suitable for European conditions still in Indian extreme humid conditions people wear blazers.irony is they even don't think that blazer is not Indian weather suited cloth.We are blindly following British traditions.May be still there is slave mentality in us.

Na samajney wali konsee bat thee is mein ?

jaane bhee do yaaron????????

waise chooree kaante se khate hue kis haath me chooree aur kis haath me kaantaa pakarte hain , kya koi youtube pe aisa video hai jisme aisaa karnaa sikhaya jata ho....main seekhna chahtaa hoon????????

kya iss kay leeyay be fork and knife chiyah hai? :woot:

Arabs eat it with their hands. Its traditional i guess!

mime-attachment-1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom