What's new

Former Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf arrested

well thats good …if two or three such leaders once have to suffer then it will cause a bit improvement in Governing setup as they would fear the trails……:devil:
Mush did some good things and some bad too but he did good coz that was his duty and he must have to suffer for the bad he did……

The judge cancelled his bail only initially. Did not order to arrest until and after he had left.

Word has it that the police is going to play it safe and they themselves presented the idea to his lawyers to give arrest and get post-arrest bail now, since pre-arrest is cancelled, post-arrest can still be applied.

Where will the police really keep him? Lockup? He'll be dead soon after.

He's being protected by a team of 400-500 people. Then the local police puts its own protection.

I agree to the whole security risk thing.. Obviously he can not be housed in a normal jail. However what matters in cases like this is the protocol. He by not surrendering, gave the impression that military (even ex military) still is above the law. and the cops by allowing him to leave after his bail was cancelled (he already had arrest warrants in his name so an explicit ordering of arrest is not required), reinforced that perception.

“I don’t fear anyone. I have been a commando and know how to deal with threats. I took part in wars and had a narrow escape many a time”. Said Ex-COAS General Pervez Musharraf, He first ran away to another country with an excuse and then in a latest interview former Pak Army Chief even said he was prepared to go to jail if the court cancelled his bail.

The Commando-Leader bravery and fearlessness was badly dented when he fled the court earlier yesterday, this really put big big questions on the status of the Pakistan Army Men, top brass, the master Brigadiers and top Generals; their braveries, fearlessness & skills known commonly as the top Iron ppl with fear of Allah only in them. If this is not the case Army, SSG, Airforce needs rapid transformation. Reforms and hard skillful training are urgently needed....this is not acceptable.

On the Contrary Pak Army should stay clear out of it and pay much attention to making defence and elections impregnable. No point Pak Army coming to safety and entangle itself further and face humiliation.

Anyway:

Pakistani police arrest Pervez Musharraf in Islamabad

TV images showed General Musharraf flanked by uniformed police officers at an Islamabad court.Pakistani police have arrested former President Pervez Musharraf and presented him in court.

On Thursday a court had ordered the former leader's arrest over his attempt to impose house arrest on judges in March 2007.

However, despite the ruling police made no attempt to arrest him as he left the court.

Police officer Mohammed Khalid said Gen Musharraf was arrested overnight at his home on the outskirts of Islamabad.

He said the former president was presented before a judge at Islamabad District Court, who will decide whether to hold Gen Musharraf in prison or return him home under house arrest.

Last month Gen Musharraf returned from years of self-imposed exile hoping to lead his All Pakistan Muslim League (APML) party into the general election next month.

But earlier this week his candidacy was rejected in Chitral, one of four seats he had applied to contest.

Gen Musharraf had already failed in an attempt to stand in three other seats.

The case for which he has been arrested relates to his controversial decision to dismiss judges - including Chief Justice Mohammad Iftikhar Chaudhry - when he imposed emergency rule in 2007.

He also faces several other criminal cases - including treason charges - and had been trying to stave off arrest ever since he returned.

The Pakistani Taliban have also vowed to assassinate the former president, who seized power in a 1999 coup.

BBC News - Pakistani police arrest Pervez Musharraf in Islamabad

Regarding the news piece, its What goes around comes around, thanks to the people of Pakistan who restored this judiciary. But what about corruption and criminal delay in solving pending cases. Justice should be from higher to lower benches and elite class...thats rite.

Finally this coward and mass murderer is facing the music hopes he is arrested and thrown in Jail for ever this man destroyed Pakistan and ruined it

Musharrafs house still hasn't been declared a sub jail, he is reportedly on a 2 day remand now.

Police really are desperate to get him to a safe place and understandably so because he is a big security risk. He goes to a jail and there is a big chance of something happening.

Lets see how this turns out.

Finally this coward and mass murderer is facing the music hopes he is arrested and thrown in Jail for ever this man destroyed Pakistan and ruined it
he saved pakistan and was a great president

Lets hope that Pakistan does not fall into chaos, the last thing we want is an unstable nuclear neighbor..

the last thing you want is a stable nuclear neighbor you mean lol

India has already gone to the moon. :lol:
india has gone to the moon people!!!
i bet they building a colony on it too right?
manned moon mission?

I believe he will enjoy here since he is media savvy and Indian media also kind of like him. So, really that cant be called a punishment.

Forward to what I wrote in one of my earlier posts.

My dog named Commando who is a star gazer has predicted that he will be assassinated.

by who india?

No problem, but I will share with you something.

I am a self-certified a$$-gazer but my dog (whose name is Commando) is a prolific star-gazer. Every night, he looks at the stars and barks on various questions that I throw at him.

Off the last few days, he barks incessantly when I ask him If TTP will terminate Musharraf, so if u guys really want to save your Ex-President, better allow him to leave the country or else....................

Your dog's called "commando" as well?

Court can’t order Musharraf’s arrest: counsel

ISLAMABAD: Senior lawyer of the Supreme Court Barrister Ahmad Raza Kasuri has said that the court cannot order arrest of former military dictator General Pervez Musharraf. Speaking to media outside the farm house of Musharraf on Thursday, Kasuri said that the court can only reject or accept the bail. He added that Musharraf had appeared before the court under government security and returned with the same security. Talking about his consultative meeting with Musharraf, Kasuri said that the former president is calm and happy with confidence. agencies

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Police has now reached Musharrafs house.

Reactions: Legal experts unsure if Musharraf is an ‘absconder’

ISLAMABAD:
Once a leading figure in the war against terrorism, former president Pervez Musharraf has now found himself facing charges of terrorism. And after he evaded immediate arrest following the cancellation of his pre-arrest bail in the Islamabad High Court, the former general has been charged as an absconder as well.

While political parties, which have otherwise remained tight-lipped over Musharraf’s activities, have welcomed this act, legal experts are divided over whether the former president can be termed an absconder and a terrorist.

Senior Supreme Court lawyer Dr Abdul Basit was of the opinion that the IHC had wrongly charged Musharraf with terrorism while hearing a bailable offence. “Musharraf should be tried under Article 6 of the Constitution and not be deprived of his right to a fair trial,” he maintained, adding that the court’s decision would help the former president emerge as a hero.

Dr Basit questioned, however, the way Musharraf’s defence team tackled the issue – Musharraf’s counsels attempted to approach the Supreme Court after his bail was cancelled but were unable to file an application for pre-arrest bail due to the expiry of the deadline.

“There is no need to approach a superior court for bailable offences… Musharraf should have approached the concerned SHO for this purpose,” said the lawyer.

Advocate Salman Akram Raja, meanwhile, said the former president could not be termed an absconder since the police had been reluctant to arrest him. “The judgment emphasised Musharraf’s arrest… the police was obligated to do so,” he said.
Reactions: Legal experts unsure if Musharraf is an

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom