What's new

Gaza-Israel Conflict | October 2023

Sheema Kermani ‘ejected’ from UK mission for pro-Palestine slogan

Shazia Hasan
November 18, 2023

KARACHI: Classical dancer, social activist and founder of the cultural action group Tehrik-i-Niswan Sheema Kermani was on Friday “ejected” from a programme held at the British Deputy High Commission here after she raised a slogan in favour of the people of Gaza.

Ms Kermani said that the event was held to celebrate the birthday of King Charles III on Friday and guests also included other artists, politicians, parliamentarians, bureaucrats and other officials.

She told Dawn when they were making speeches and sending felicitations to Britain she raised the slogan “Ceasefire Now”.

This prompted security personnel to come closer to her and try to force her out of their premises. “That’s when I asked them to not touch me as I would see myself out,” Ms Kermani said after the regrettable incident.

“They were all congratulating the British Government and the royal family without any mention of the atrocities taking place in Gaza. I just had to do what I did. I couldn’t stay silent. Sadly, when the other guests saw me being thrown out and my leaving, none of them, not even one of them, decided to also take a stand and join me,” she added.

When contacted, a spokesperson for the British Deputy High Commission said that Ms Kermani was shouting during “an important speech about climate change in Pakistan by the British Deputy High Commissioner”.

The spokesperson added that it was then that the “security personnel came forth to stop her from shouting. But then she left on her own. So it won’t be correct to say that we threw her out”.

So this stupid Pakistani lady is upset she got cancelled over Gaza . Okay?

But she fails to see the whole ceremony event she was attending was to celebrate king of England whose ancestors oppressed the Muslims and gave Kashmiri to india

I sometimes loose the will to live. Pakistan has truly fallen and taken over by this small group of secular muppets idiots were left behind by departing Brits to rule over us

We desperately need a revolution to put them all behind bars or string them all up any will be fine.

The muzzling attempts against Musk and other media outlet in the West are to stop anti-Israel content! Otherwise, there are plenty of your so-called 'conspiracy theories' floating around for decades in the social media with relative ease of propagation. But now, as Israel is being severely bashed in platforms like Twitter, the Israeli Firsters are going after Twitter. Even the right wing hawks like Tucker are getting alarmed by the attempted censorship.

Kidding?? Israelis want the more northern region of Palestine due to the arable land AND the 'Holy Land' places. There have been some talks about land-swap to make to the 1967 borders but the Palestinian emphasis has been rightly on the quality of the land-- only fools would take Negev in place of the greener land in the north. Heck, if Hezbollah was not there, Israelis would have taken the beautiful land in Lebanon up to the Litany River. Israelis truly want a Lebensraum! They learned so much from the NAZIs!!

You are spot on brother there is no negotiation with these European land grabbers settlers they have never been really interested in sharing with the natives . I was playing devils advocate with my reply to the Mod who just wants solutions to this crisis

Germany has a Holocaust problem. They cannot speak against Israel even when the Israelis are wrong.
Many in the world don't have a Holocaust problem and can freely speak against Israeli genocide.

Correct. And Germans for decades after WW 2, had a Russian problem due to the war that killed so many Russians/Soviets. Germans were apologetic and even soft about Russians due to the historic guilt. Even when the Ukraine war was starting, Germany didn't want to be too involved and tried to deny military aid. But eventually the influence Americans have over its European vassals is too much to resist and so Germans too fell in line.

I don't understand why Hezbollah does not use phosphorus munitions (and cluster munitions, thermobaric warheads and sound bombs) too, every crime by the ZIo-Nazis must be responded to in kind
Why waste such weapons on border confrontations when they're wrecking Israeli outposts just by ATGMs and rockets?

"Usher in the coming of Jesus" and then kill all the Jews? What twisted $ucks!!
PS, Surprised to see that Jackson Hinkle--who is a newbie to the social media has over 2 million Twitter Followers, way more than when compared with even a giant long known personality like Susan Sarandon; Susan is almost becoming a 'native' like Scott Ritter about the Palestinian cause!

@waz @LeGenD @RescueRanger @WebMaster @KAL-EL
And whoever has anything to say.
I find it hard that the level of fake information and manipulation is allowed here. @sammuel keeps manipulating and spreading fake informations, and everytime he is confronted he just runs away.
I accept different point of views, but I don’t accept dedicated fake news and manipulation i a place like this which is supposed to be serious and high level.

Please fix

Correct. And Germans for decades after WW 2, had a Russian problem due to the war that killed so many Russians/Soviets. Germans were apologetic and even soft about Russians due to the historic guilt. Even when the Ukraine war was starting, Germany didn't want to be too involved and tried to deny military aid. But eventually the influence Americans have over its European vassals is too much to resist and so Germans too fell in line.

Any country that could commit such horrible crimes against humanity can never be fully trusted again. It hasn't been so long either.

@waz @LeGenD @RescueRanger @WebMaster @KAL-EL
And whoever has anything to say.
I find it hard that the level of fake information and manipulation is allowed here. @sammuel keeps manipulating and spreading fake informations, and everytime he is confronted he just runs away.
I accept different point of views, but I don’t accept dedicated fake news and manipulation i a place like this which is supposed to be serious and high level.

Please fix
Exactly
That zio is a pure example of lies and deceit.... Just same a Allah and prophet (pbuh) told his tribe will be.

The war so far. It seems Israel is trying to completely depopulate Gaza to avert the 'threat' of Hamas, may be driving the people into neighboring Mislim countries eventually....

Back
Top Bottom