What's new

Gaza-Israel Conflict | October 2023

#Lebanon #Israel
IMG_20231013_210140_106.jpg

Lebanon's Hezbollah announced in a statement: Islamic resistance fighters on Friday evening, in response to the attacks of the Zionist regime's army on southern Lebanon, targeted the bases of Al-Abad, Muskafam, Jal-ul-Alam and Ramiya of the Zionist army.
@iswnews

#Lebanon #Israel
View attachment 961366
Lebanon's Hezbollah announced in a statement: Islamic resistance fighters on Friday evening, in response to the attacks of the Zionist regime's army on southern Lebanon, targeted the bases of Al-Abad, Muskafam, Jal-ul-Alam and Ramiya of the Zionist army.
@iswnews
I don't know but to me they seem hesitant to get involved. I hope that's not the case.

Guys take this pti claim of not letting them protest with a pinch of salt.

There have been many protests as per dawn news and bol news and list goes on.

This matter is sensitive and I dont think anyone in muslim country would block the protests.

This matter is sensitive and I dont think anyone in muslim country would block the protests.

Stop the lies faujeet

OFF TOPIC: There was a rally in my city after the Jumah prayer.
Some other rallies

As I said last Saturday, when Gaza gets bulldozed don’t cry about it. The terrorists want to act like they didn’t just butcher civilians. Well now they’re finding out. Hamas will be dealt with.
No one is crying they are calling out the genocide Israel is commiting there. Majority of people support the Palestinians and not Hamas or any other group. What Israel is doing there has no justification, its plain butchery and collective punishment. But you go on and support this genocide.

India reiterates call for ‘sovereign, independent, viable state of Palestine’​

October 12, 2023 08:24 pm | Updated October 13, 2023 08:07 am IST - NEW DELHI

India’s “longstanding and consistent” policy on Palestinian state remains unchanged, says MEA spokesperson; Operation Ajay begins Thursday with evacuation of 230 Indians from Israel​

Kallol Bhattacherjee
KALLOL BHATTACHERJEE
20230908143L.jpg

The Ministry of External Affairs reiterated its call for the creation of a sovereign Palestinian state saying that there was an “obligation” to uphold humanitarian principles. File | Photo Credit: ANI
India reiterated its call for the creation of a sovereign Palestinian state on Thursday, with the Ministry of External Affairs saying that there was an “obligation” to uphold humanitarian principles.
Operation Ajay, India’s mission to rescue its citizens from conflict-hit Israel, will begin on Thursday evening, with the first flight expected to evacuate 230 Indians, MEA spokesperson Arindam Bagchi said at his weekly press briefing. He added that India is in close contact with “relevant stakeholders” on the fast unfolding situation.
Israel-Hamas war, day 6 LIVE updates | Netanyahu vows that Hamas will be crushed

‘Longstanding policy’​

“India always advocated the resumption of direct negotiations towards establishing a sovereign, independent and viable state of Palestine, living within secure and recognised borders, side by side at peace with Israel,” Mr. Bagchi said, emphasising that India’s position on Palestine has been “longstanding and consistent” and that there has been no change in that policy.

Evolving situation’​

On Operation Ajay, Mr. Bagchi said: “The ferry flight is expected to reach [Israel] later this evening and around 230 passengers will be evacuated in the first flight.” He added that are around 18,000 Indians in Israel right now, with about a dozen in the West Bank, and at least four in the Gaza Strip that is being bombed by Israel.

Also read: How Hamas’s attack unfolded in Israel’s southern border towns

“This is a dynamic situation. It is evolving. I would request Indians in Israel, please do register with the Embassy of India if you have not registered till now. We will have more flights depending on the demand for them,” Mr. Bagchi said, indicating that the Union government is keeping “all options” on the table and will press more aircraft into service for the operation if needed.

One Indian, a caregiver from Kerala, was injured in the attack by Hamas last Saturday, Mr. Bagchi said, adding that the person is currently undergoing treatment. “There has been no Indian casualty,” he said.

Hamas: a terror group?​

Mr. Bagchi categorically stated that India considers last Saturday’s strike against Israel a “terrorist attack”. Prime Minister Narendra Modi had condemned terrorism and expressed solidarity with the Israeli people following the attack by Hamas on Saturday.

The official spokesperson said that there was a “universal obligation” to observe humanitarian law, but also emphasised the requirement to fight against international terrorism.

However, Mr. Bagchi did not give a clear answer to a journalist’s question on whether India considers Hamas a terror organisation. Saying that such a determination was the responsibility of other departments, the MEA spokesperson said, “Our focus is to help our citizens.”

‘Talking to all stakeholders’​

His comments were the first set of detailed remarks from the MEA about the situation in West Asia, since Saturday’s air, land and sea attack on Israel and its retaliatory air attack on the Gaza Strip.

“In the world of diplomacy, we are always engaged in conversation and contacts. Of course we maintain close contacts with all relevant stakeholders at various levels,” Mr. Bagchi noted.

Back
Top Bottom