What's new

Gaza-Israel Conflict | October 2023

Winning through attrition of infliction causalities on enemy ? In Vietnam war, USA lost 58,000 troops and killed 500,000+ Vietnamese, still didn't win the war. If this offensive is to pacify public then killing Palestinians could be the sole aim.

what about hostage rescue by IDF ?

They don't care about the hostages they themselves will kill the hostages at this point and Hamas have accused them of trying to kill their own Israelis after taken hostages.

They wanna send a message but what they don't realize is the message is already send not by Nethanyu but Biden and the Americans that they will fight on this soil which is a successfully recieved message.

It is something me and few discussed about this with fellow PDF'er that Israel was in all technicality irrelevant and that it was only outpost hence nobody approaches it. A large hidden anaconda is inside there by the name OF NATO they are willing to fight on every single inch of that piece of land. There is no militaristic plan for Israel until someone figures out how to tackle NATO once that day comes Israel won't last a day after it

Last edited:
Winning through attrition of infliction causalities on enemy ? In Vietnam war, USA lost 58,000 troops and killed 500,000+ Vietnamese, still didn't win the war. If this offensive is to pacify public then killing Palestinians could be the sole aim.

what about hostage rescue by IDF ?
I think judging by the level of bombardment 6000+ munitions, they have surrendered to the idea the hostages are collateral dmg. I mean you can just chalk it up to Hamas killing them and gain extra sympathy.

The rest I agree with you, this conflict makes no sense from a military perspective, especially if you see the regional concerns, this could become a long protracted conflict and that is what everyone is missing whilst they cheer on the Israeli's like lunatics.

That is the tradegy of this, people are quick to jump in a camp and not think through what they are doing I would say on both sides. I know what is happening is emotionally charging, but if you step back and think this through, there is no justification for bombarding innocent civilians who had nothing to do with what Hamas did. Its plain and simple to see this is just mindless revenge and children are the biggest casualties.

The irony in all of this is, Hamas will become stronger after this conflict, the deaths will become a big recruitment for future conflicts.
I don’t think Hamas will survive this conflict, but new groups will form from its survivors or from amongst the children that witnessed so much destruction.

Furthermore, for all this talk of God promising the land to the Jews being the justification for Israel, everyone forgot to remember that many Palestinians are the descendants of Jews that stayed in then region after the Roman exile and then mixed with other groups that came through the region in the centuries to follow. When you see many of the darker complexion IDF soldiers, without their uniforms you can’t tell if they are “Arabs” or “Israelis”.

Btw, the Samaritans are still around; the story of Abdullah Cohen

It’s not like the mixing didn’t happen earlier and give rise to the Samaritans

Last edited:
There is NO conventional war between Israel and Hamas. Conventional war is set pieces, on a map. This is going to be a COIN level stuff. Israel will be trying it's hardest to avoid a protracted conflict, use everything at its disposal to overwhelm the enemy and then hold territory for Seek and Destroy missions.

As all this happens, whilst this is still support for Israel's action, it is starting to wane.
Lets see if this becomes an armored/mechanized warfare strategy in urban and populated areas where there is no regard for human life or infrastructure.

I think Wehrmacht and Russian Armies did the same in WW2 ?

Many People don’t know how fair skinned many of the Palestinians are. They should do YouTube videos to ask people how they feel if they are told this Israeli child died. Hear their reaction, then tell them she was Palestinian.
I am not sure what is the difference. Either child's death is a tragedy. Whether the child was murdered by Hamas or was killed by a bomb during war doesn't make a difference as the child didn't deserve to die. Somebody else made that cruel decision.

I think judging by the level of bombardment 6000+ munitions, they have surrendered to the idea the hostages are collateral dmg. I mean you can just chalk it up to Hamas killing them and gain extra sympathy.

The rest I agree with you, this conflict makes no sense from a military perspective, especially if you see the regional concerns, this could become a long protracted conflict and that is what everyone is missing whilst they cheer on the Israeli's like lunatics.
In 2011, Israel exchanged more than 1,000 prisoners for the release of a soldier, Gilad Shalit, held by Hamas for five years. So hostages are important to be kept alive for Hamas for future negotiation or exchange.

They don't care about the hostages they themselves will kill the hostages at this point and Hamas have accused them of trying to kill their own Israelis after taken hostages.

They wanna send a message but what they don't realize is the message is already send not by Nethanyu but Biden and the Americans the that we will fight on this soil which is a successfully recieved message.

It is something me and few discussed about this with fellow PDF'er that Israel was in all technicality irrelevant and that it was only outpost hence nobody approaches it. A large hidden anaconda is inside there by the name OF NATO they are willing to fight on every single inch of that piece of land. There is no militaristic plan for Israel until someone figures out how to tackle NATO once that day comes Israel won't last a day after it
Will Hamas kill hostages when IDF starts its ground offensive ? I am skeptical.

In 2011, Israel exchanged more than 1,000 prisoners for the release of a soldier, Gilad Shalit, held by Hamas for five years. So hostages are important to be kept alive for Hamas for future negotiation or exchange.
If you look at it from the perspective that an Attack like the one last weekend has never happened in Israel, it has shocked them to the core, this time its different. And to prove this point:
Look more Airstrike just now:
1697329521532.png

Kargil war saw an effective use of Indian Airforce against Pakistani infantry dug in static positions. PAF didnt show up for offensive Ops and it was difficult to provide air defense cover for troops on peaks inside Indian occupied Kashmir.

Hamas has no Air Force and their AD is ineffective unless deployed properly like Yugoslav Army in 1998-99.
I suspect their strategy is to use their tunnels to reposition as needed. Static positions out in the open was a disaster waiting to happen.

@Signalian but you could be right, this could be a strong arm tactic, Bibi looks strong, he is seen as taking action, and then they capture Northern Gaza, Maybe even take central Gaza and Gaza City, hold it and then open up talks. I mean this is not Hamas' first rodeo either, they have had plenty of time to re-locate any hostages.

Shocking how long its taking IDF to mobilize for a ground war:

The Ground Invasion of the Gaza Strip has reportedly been Delayed from this Weekend to next Week due to Severe Weather in the Region that will make it increasingly difficult for Aircraft Pilots and Drone Operators to conduct Air Operations in support of Israeli Ground Troops, according to 3 Senior Israeli Officials who spoke to the NYT.

Kargil war saw an effective use of Indian Airforce against Pakistani infantry dug in static positions. PAF didnt show up for offensive Ops and it was difficult to provide air defense cover for troops on peaks inside Indian occupied Kashmir.

Hamas has no Air Force and their AD is ineffective unless deployed properly like Yugoslav Army in 1998-99.
Why was this not thought through during battle planning? It sounds like very basic stuff even an armchair strategist can think through.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom