What's new

Gaza-Israel Conflict | October 2023

But if Israel had not reacted the way it has, what is there for Hamas to fear Israel and not conclude, aha, we have found the sweet spot, Go and slaughter a few thousand civilians, Israel will do some 'sturm und drang' running a couple of bombing raids and back to normalcy. Eventually, we can convince them this is a bad neighborhood, and they should just go to a better place. Generally, success begets success. For example, after 1983 Beirut barracks bombing, U.S. concluded that Lebanon is a hellhole, let's just walk away and let them kill each other till eternity. Same with Somalia after the 1993 Black Hawk incident. So, my thinking is, may be Hamas planned on this and thought we will sacrifice Gaza for some long-term success. If so, what may be Hamas's idea of long-term success and how that may come about?

This video might give you more insight into hamas thinking. Hamas knew very well that Israel will retaliate with extreme force and kill thousands of Palestinians. And Hamas is okay with it and sees it as a necessary sacrifice.

Off topic but I will say you are making excuses and deep down you know that. Any occupying country, if it was successful in its occupation, especially after investing trillions of $$ and shedding thousands of its own lives, would have preferred to have kept at least a token presence in such a geopolitically important country, instead of leaving in the middle of the night, with security guarantees for the exit given by the same people who had just made the occupation untenable to hold anymore.
US defeated Al-Qaeda Network and convinced Afghan Taliban to not support Al-Qaeda Network and similar organizations in Doha Accords so there is no need to keep troops in Afghanistan. US is not supposed to rule in Afghanistan, this is the job of Afghans. US had to spend money to maintain an Afghan government otherwise. US can still take out terrorists in Afghanistan when spotted.

It is sensible to allow Afghans to run their country and build a bilateral relationship with Afghanistan when possible.

This video might give you more insight into hamas thinking. Hamas knew very well that Israel will retaliate with extreme force and kill thousands of Palestinians. And Hamas is okay with it and sees it as a necessary sacrifice.
Yes, it looks like Hamas took a calculated risk of total loss of Gaza for the long-term gain of Palestine. It is a bold gamble and remains to be seen how it will fare in history. A poster above (Tamerlane) gave an interesting perspective that others may overlook. Hamas doesn't consider the war casualties as loss; they consider it as a celebration of people going to paradise. With that thinking, they can take large 'losses' (in the traditional sense) without accepting defeat. Iran used this tactic in its 'human wave' attacks during Iraq War during 1980-88.

This really is fascinating to find this sort of info on line.
The age of “disinformation “. Basically in the past without the creation of the internet - one could get away with spreading untruths as long as media outlets concurred.
Today the internet has allowed the lies to be caught out - and the truth will prevail.
Israel is a rogue state with a set of rules ONLY it abides by - they are committing genocide and breaking international law and will pay the consequences

Palestinians were born into this era and they were destined to make sacrifices for the survival of their nation.

If they are not willing to pay, then their sons and daughters will have to pay more in life and dignity.

Don't blame the other Arab countries, there has never been a saviour in this world, if the Palestinians want to live, and if they want their children to live, they have to learn to rely on themselves and believe in themselves.

A man stands in this world with his head in the infinite expanse of the sky and his feet on the land that his ancestors traded for with their blood. Even in death he should face upwards with a heart like steel.

Last edited:
Yes, it looks like Hamas took a calculated risk of total loss of Gaza for the long-term gain of Palestine. It is a bold gamble and remains to be seen how it will fare in history. A poster above (Tamerlane) gave an interesting perspective that others may overlook. Hamas doesn't consider the war casualties as loss; they consider it as a celebration of people going to paradise. With that thinking, they can take large 'losses' (in the traditional sense) without accepting defeat. Iran used this tactic in its 'human wave' attacks during Iraq War during 1980-88.

In war a nation will use every weapon available to them and exploit every political opportunity to further their cause. Hamas by itself is weak and is incapable of achieving its objectives through military force. Realistically they have only one path to victory and that involves somehow dragging other Arab and Muslim states to it's defence and gaining sympathy of the western population.

In their ruthless world view, dead Palestinian children are also a good tool to achieve both. The question is what hamas considers as a victory in this episode. It seems like Hamas believe anything short of a Israeli ground invasion and occupation of large parts of Gaza as a victory, and they are not wrong. Air campaign won't do much damage to Hamas military capability and existence of Hamas will ensure permanent instability for Israel.

For Israel, victory should be a successful ground invasion and killing of large percentage of Hamas militants. They have to extract an unacceptable cost from Hamas to re-establish deterrence. Capture of Northern gaza and "shrinking" of Gaza stripe can also be considered as an Israeli victory and will re-establish deterrence.

Last edited:
So if I understand you correctly, you mean that killing all the Palestinians in Gaza is the only solution left. You are describing a genocide.

You explain that Palestinians should not compare October 7th with the killing of more than 50,000 Palestinians by the IDF in the last 30 years. You take October 7th as a milestone, as a day all these started. You say that the marginalization of the Palestinians and the strengthening of Hamas in the face of the tens of thousands of deaths that preceded it was the Palestinians' own choice. So I now conclude that the IDF is also run by Hamas militants.
How many Kurds have you killed?
Who said about killing them all? all I said was I have little sympathy. The same people who on Oct 7th were dancing in the streets with joy, are now crying with suffering. That's fine by me. In fact that is pure justice. There is no comparison between the two sides. One side has the destruction of their neighbour in their charter and the genocide of their race. The other reacts to attacks. Of course if these ISIS-like terrorists are always on the attack, more of them will die than Israelis. Just as more Kurds have died than Turks - and we know the Kurds have a much better claim to a nation as they are an ancient people whereas 'palestinians' were invented in the 60s. Also Kurds don't swear to kill all Turks or wipe them from the map.

From past few days my brain can’t process something which I doubt everyone or someone is thinking as well. Why Israel is less attacking ghaza in broad day light but choose dark night? I may sound stupid but this is what really bothering me. From past few days less attack on ghaza in day light.

~

Hamas leader Haniyeh asked to leave Turkey after attack on Israel

~
Turkey can't guarantee his safety, which is good. He'll end up in Iran I assume. Qatar is not safe either.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom