What's new

Generals exempted from property tax

dabong1

<b>PDF VETERAN</b>
Reaction score
Cantt plots exempted from property tax

RAWALPINDI, Dec 7: Five-marla houses and apartments with a covered area of 120 square yards in 43 cantonments across the country have been exempted from property tax.

According to a notification issued by the Defence Ministry on Friday, flats with a covered area of 720 square feet have also been exempted from the tax.

The move was approved at the last working meeting of the Shaukat Aziz cabinet held on Nov 6.

There are 23,000 housing units built on five-marla plots in Rawalpindi and Chaklala cantonments and the two boards will lose Rs40 million because of the exemption.—Reporter

:lo:l :lol:

this news is a month old news and the five-marla plots in all cantonments have been exepted from tax irrespective of the fact who owns these plots. and mostly 90 % civilians have these plots.

what a pitty .

:lo:l :lol:

this news is a month old news and the five-marla plots in all cantonments have been exepted from tax irrespective of the fact who owns these plots. and mostly 90 &#37; civilians have these plots.

what a pitty .

Yeah Jana its always old news when it involves the army having a easy ride.
Whats even funnier is your excuse for this law.
I wonder if the people who can afford five-marla plots in cantonments need to be exepted from property tax.
Those "poor" military officers,beauraucrats,business owners ect must be having a hard time of it.... with paying for servants,cars,golf course membership.....i pity them

Well I think that when Pakistan Army assumes that whole Pakistan is there property then why should they pay property tax.

Its common law implicable for all as throughout Pakistan 5-marla houses are exempted from Tax and only charging those living in cantonments i dont see any solid reason for that.

Now coming to taxes well there are many many more people who have large house even on acres but they are not paying tax.

its just a pitty stooping to low if someone is trying to malign army for this common law made for all citizens of Pakistan not for the army.

X_man do you live in Pakistan ?
if had your family ever paid property tax ??????????/

I bet not

Good idea Jana,
Considering that barely over a million people pay taxes in Pakistan, any criticism related to "tax exemptions" should be subject to the inclusion (scan) of a prior years tax form (or other proof of payment of taxes) from the individual who is criticizing.

Yeah Jana its always old news when it involves the army having a easy ride.
Whats even funnier is your excuse for this law.
I wonder if the people who can afford five-marla plots in cantonments need to be exepted from property tax.
Those "poor" military officers,beauraucrats,business owners ect must be having a hard time of it.... with paying for servants,cars,golf course membership.....i pity them
5 marla is small dude. Even one Kanal is quite average. I think the big taxation can start from 2 Kanals, as the rich class category mainly begins from that point on.

If GENERALS are living in some 5 marla houses, then we know they are not making enough! I would've at least expected 2 Kanals out of any highranking official in Pakistan.

Related to exemption of property taxes - How much does an officer being awarded these plots make?
Because, depending upon their pay scale, they may not be able to afford the "plot", if they have to pay property taxes on it based on the full market value of the house.

Think of it this way, in the US if you win a "prize", it is considered as income, and you have to pay taxes on it, but one may not be able to afford paying taxes on a 100,000 dollar "prize", without selling the prize off.

Clarifications in case of erroneous assumptions above welcome (not that I have to invite anyone to do that on this forum:P)

5 marla is small dude. Even one Kanal is quite average. I think the big taxation can start from 2 Kanals, as the rich class category mainly begins from that point on.

If GENERALS are living in some 5 marla houses, then we know they are not making enough! I would've at least expected 2 Kanals out of any highranking official in Pakistan.

Off topic: How much is a marla in sq yards/gaz??
How much does a kanal cost in a place like DHA in Karachi or Def Col in Lahore??

X_man do you live in Pakistan ?
if had your family ever paid property tax ??????????/

I bet not

You are right...majority of my family doesnt have to pay the property tax, because mostly are in Army anyway.

Cheers :cheers:

dabonga, look at the wider perspective. Who in Pakistan actually does pay taxes. It sounds like you spend the whole day trying to find dirt of the Army, such is your blind hatred, yet you don't say a diddly about NS's tax evasions that have been proved, or those of Bhutto. Whilst any Army personnel who earn and don't pay taxes should be brought to the fore, the way you do it, is to ignore everyone else. Such bias simply shows an agenda, making you lack any credibility whatsoever.

I agree with RR.

Your totally ignoring the main cause of this issue.

Everyone needs to pay taxes.. regardless of what so ever!

Back
Top Bottom