What's new

Give Agricultural Land to Poor

bad idea, be like giving @jamahir bhikari all your money to invent flying cars and colonize mars.

@R2D2

Land will be given to village youth who know how to farm.

Most rural youngsters dont want to take up farming these days. Too much hard work, too little by way of profit.

Regards

a retail job in airconditioned place sounds more appealing

GIVE AGRICULTURAL LAND TO THE POOR

The total rural land in Pakistani Government possession is estimated to be about one crore acres. With the Corporate Farming initiative for Foreign and Local businesses on 40 lac acres and 10 lac acres recently given to the Army in the Punjab province, that leaves about 50 lac acres of land in government control.

It is an established Islamic Economics principle that anyone who encircles common state land and cultivates it, becomes its owner and if he leaves it fallow for three years then it is reverted.

So, following this principle, the government should allocate 5 to 10 acres of land to rural youth and landless farmers. In this way, the total agricultural yield of the country would increase and jobless youth coming to cities from villages will stop thus reducing the burden on the mega cities. The youth would also become self sufficient. The country would become a food exporter in a few years.

@AZ1
Kuchh socha karo mera khan ager ghreebon ko agricultural land denge to Retired ko kiya mile ga

Have you seen how unbelievably unproductive our farmers have been with their agricultural lands? Even our feudal lords have failed to be productive with their agricultural lands.

Although I disagree with OP, most small farmers in Pakistan are screwed by the system. They are unable to invest because the mill owners and wholesalers work as a cartel and drive down the prices they pay. Try getting an export licence as a farmer.

The vast majority of rural Pakistan survives on what they grow and eat. Without that we'd be starving.

The total rural land in Pakistani Government possession is estimated to be about one crore acres. With the Corporate Farming initiative for Foreign and Local businesses on 40 lac acres and 10 lac acres recently given to the Army in the Punjab province, that leaves about 50 lac acres of land in government control.

It is an established Islamic Economics principle that anyone who encircles common state land and cultivates it, becomes its owner and if he leaves it fallow for three years then it is reverted.

So, following this principle, the government should allocate 5 to 10 acres of land to rural youth and landless farmers. In this way, the total agricultural yield of the country would increase and jobless youth coming to cities from villages will stop thus reducing the burden on the mega cities. The youth would also become self sufficient. The country would become a food exporter in a few years.

@AZ1

Not a bad idea given;

1. The person who takes up the land has trained in agriculture.
2. The person who takes on the land, farms the land every year.
3. Its not sold, it's a lease for them to use the land to grow food on.

For this to work, we need agricultural colleges with short courses teaching people how to farm effectively first.

What we should definitely stop doing is giving farming land and plots to govt employees, especially faujis.

Last edited:

@AZ1
it will never work. Most t=of them will sell the land in a year or two. Just dont have the money to make it work... do you know how costly it has got? you need 2 lac per acre for potato, 1.5 for corn, 1.75 for rice....etc. and all of that considering you will get some back, in pakistani market no one knows whats going to happen. Corn this year was really bad in this regard. For a medium level tractor you need 20 lac. for most of the equipment you are gonna need 3-10 lac depending on equipment. You also need to take care of tubewell bills, which is going to be between 70000 to 120000. What govt should do is something that pakistan did during first 10-15 years after independence. Auction the land. Earn money, there is tons of valuable land in govt `s possession that will either be encroached or leased to some political affiliate of ruling party. Sell the land at a high price.. Thats the solution.

@AZ1
No family should be allowed to own more than 100 acres of land. By family I mean grandfather, his all boys and their all boys.

Another point i want to make on this is, a lot of people arguing in support of corperate farming, I can absolutely understand why - but we must be careful that we are not reliant on corperate farmers and that we always have a healthy mix of small/medium farmers in the country. Big business can be influenced and can also influence others. This is not always positive.

I will tell you guys a simple rule of thumb. that post which is opposed by Indians and Americans is in fact good for Pakistan and vice versa.

you seems communist
You seem like a libertarian considering that you assumed him to be leftist due to his take that doesn't even lean that strongly towards the left. I strongly disagree with leftists on many topics but they are mostly correct about owning land. No human being should be allowed to own more than one house.
becoz you have not
I am sorry I didn't understand your comment. Can you kindly elaborate?

Another point i want to make on this is, a lot of people arguing in support of corperate farming, I can absolutely understand why - but we must be careful that we are not reliant on corperate farmers and that we always have a healthy mix of small/medium farmers in the country. Big business can be influenced and can also influence others. This is not always positive.
This problem can be solved by making the government stronger and putting regulations in place to prevent exploitation by corporations in this sector. I absolutely can't tolerate any lack of productivity when it is possible to be more productive hence I advocate for corporate farms.
I will tell you guys a simple rule of thumb. that post which is opposed by Indians and Americans is in fact good for Pakistan and vice versa.
@SoulSpokesman made a valid point, him being Indian doesn't disapprove his point. These people neither have any vision nor any hunger, something that a corporation always has.

This problem can be solved by making the government stronger and putting regulations in place to prevent exploitation by corporations in this sector. I absolutely can't tolerate any lack of productivity when it is possible to be more productive hence I advocate for corporate farms.

@SoulSpokesman made a valid point, him being Indian doesn't disapprove his point. These people neither have any vision nor any hunger, something that a corporation always has.
If we give the land for corporate farms, most of the produce will be exported and we will only get lease money and jobs for our retired subedars, majors and colonels. Now there is shift in agriculture to organic farming and multi cropping which can be done very well be small land holders. The old methods of agriculture depletes the land of nutrients and turns it barren. Organic Farming nourishes and vitalizes the land.

If we give the land for corporate farms, most of the produce will be exported and we will only get lease money and jobs for our retired subedars, majors and colonels. Now there is shift in agriculture to organic farming and multi cropping which can be done very well be small land holders. The old methods of agriculture depletes the land of nutrients and turns it barren. Organic Farming nourishes and vitalizes the land.
Organic farming is being done by corporations throughout Europe with excellent yields. Even if most of the produce is exported, how is it bad? More exports mean that the country will be able to import more. Nobody is saying that Fauji Group should be the only group to invest in corporate farming.

I can't believe that I am about to defend the Fauji Group. If the food inflation becomes too high in the country then Fauji Group will be able to fix this as profit isn't everything to our military. Keep in mind that a substantial increase in food inflation will result in a lot of bad things that harm the interest of our military.

@Goenitz @Meengla

Back
Top Bottom