What's new

Government appeases religious parties on blasphemy law

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for you :cheers:

simple as that, non muslims stay out of islamic matters, dont insult our religion, prophet so you will enjoy the best life like others, you dont need to insult, its bad manners any way, to abuse one's religion and play with the sentiments of others is like insulting one's parents you wont do that wont you???... critics are allowed, but they must be respectful

islam teaches loves and peace so make peace with islam

be kind to others, others will be kind to you

regrds.

:blink:

Sahih Bukhari Volume 4, Book 55, Number 654:

Narrated 'Umar:

I heard the Prophet saying, "Do not exaggerate in praising me as the Christians praised the son of Mary, for I am only a Slave. So, call me the Slave of Allah and His Apostle."

Vassnti, you have no idea why and for what porpose Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said this, so dont say thing which u have no idea about.

simple as that, non muslims stay out of islamic matters, dont insult our religion, prophet so you will enjoy the best life like others, you dont need to insult, its bad manners any way, to abuse one's religion and play with the sentiments of others is like insulting one's parents you wont do that wont you???... critics are allowed, but they must be respectful

islam teaches loves and peace so make peace with islam

be kind to others, others will be kind to you

regrds.

A lot of people abuse this law in Pakistan. Anyways your faith should be strong enough that when people say things that it shouldn't matter. Do you see Christians causing a riot whenever other people make fun of Jesus or Jews with Moses. Insulting other peoples religion's is very wrong but not everyone is going to have the same opinion as you.You need to learn to live with it and not get over emotional. If people insult your religion then you should correct them civilly or explain to them that they are wrong to that, not go around saying they should die.

A lot of people abuse this law in Pakistan. Anyways your faith should be strong enough that when people say things that it shouldn't matter. Do you see Christians causing a riot whenever other people make fun of Jesus or Jews with Moses. Insulting other peoples religion's is very wrong but not everyone is going to have the same opinion as you.You need to learn to live with it and not get over emotional.

last time america introduced some wierd laws in hawaii just to keep the sentiments of aboriginals something related to their beliefs.., i dont remeber what was this law, but yes western countries try to respect the sentiments of people..., but as it is an islamic matter, wooh!! it must be hyped very much!!

i just clearified that people who love peace dont need to insult any body esp millions of muslims in pak..

abusing the law is another matter, law itself is good, but the government is corrupt, traffic police always use law to harm the public, do the laws need to be punished??

:blink:

Sahih Bukhari Volume 4, Book 55, Number 654:

Narrated 'Umar:

I heard the Prophet saying, "Do not exaggerate in praising me as the Christians praised the son of Mary, for I am only a Slave. So, call me the Slave of Allah and His Apostle."

thanks Vasanti for a great post , Prophet Mohd (pbuh) spread the mesage with peace , harmony & justice. It was just a Man now there are a 1.5 billion men , these stupid laws are damaging the name of Islam hope the fundos in our country understand this as there is been enough damage done to the name of Islam

The punishment for blasphemy in most of the major religions is death. It is stated in the Old Testament of the Bible, which is the authority for both the Jews and the Christians:

And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: [Book of Leviticus 24:16]

Moreover, if we read Manusmriti, the Law book of the Hindus, it says:

“If a man born of a lower class intentionally bothers a priest, the king should punish him physically with various forms of corporal and capital punishment that make men shudder.” [Manusmriti 9:248]

Regarding the punishment for blasphemy in Islam, it is mentioned in the Glorious Qur’an:

“The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter;” [Surah Al-Maidah 5:33]. In Islam, a person who has committed blasphemy can either be killed or crucified, or his opposite hands and feet can be cut off, or he can be exiled from that land. On the other hand, in other religions there is no other option except capital punishment. Islam at least has four options of punishment for an act of blasphemy.

In spite of all the negative propaganda in a section of the western media, ironically Islam still happens to be the fastest growing religion, not just in the west but also across the world. The more people try to suppress Islam, the more it will prevail. Allah (swt) will make His Deen (Islam) to prevail over all the other ways of life irrespective of people mocking and ridiculing His messengers. As Allah says in the Glorious Quran:

“Mocked were (many) Messengers before thee; but the scoffers were hemmed in by the thing that they mocked.” [Surah Al-An’aam 6:10].

(Readers can send their questions to Dr Zakir Naik on his email: zakir@irf.net) :cheers:

I think Zakir Naik is the most moderate of today's scholars and even he have the same view, NOW the people saying that this is a stupid law should ask for forgiveness from ALLAH.

Whol Ummah have consensus on this issue, every SECT in ISLAM have consensus over it BUT here in Pakistan we have SOME awesomely intelligent scholars who call it STUPID law.

May ALLAH guide us all.

Moreover, if we read Manusmriti, the Law book of the Hindus, it says:

“If a man born of a lower class intentionally bothers a priest, the king should punish him physically with various forms of corporal and capital punishment that make men shudder.” [Manusmriti 9:248]

Lol... ignorance at its best. People in India don'y follow manusmriti nor are the laws of land based on a archaic medieval laws. those laws in testament or quran or manusmriti were written by people according to their traditions, they don't apply to the modern society now. If we had such medieval laws being implemented in India, you would have seen blasphemy laws in there too.
However you got to realize these law books apply no more, they are medieval artefacts.

Lol... ignorance at its best. People in India don'y follow manusmriti nor are the laws of land based on a archaic medieval laws. those laws in testament or quran or manusmriti were written by people according to their traditions, they don't apply to the modern society now. If we had such medieval laws being implemented in India, you would have seen blasphemy laws in there too.
However you got to realize these law books apply no more, they are medieval artefacts.

We Muslims believe Qur'an to be true word of God, every problem has a solution and Qur'an gives solution for everything, Qur'an and Sunnah are code of life for Muslims.

So next time, be careful with your words, you're on a Pakistani forum.

Qur'an was NOT written by any Human, it's God's words delivered through His last Prophet [S.A.W].

NOW, Don't poke your nose in here if you don't believe in your OWN religious book.

We Muslims believe Qur'an to be true word of God, every problem has a solution and Qur'an gives solution for everything, Qur'an and Sunnah are code of life for Muslims.

So next time, be careful with your words, you're on a Pakistani forum.

Qur'an was NOT written by any Human, it's God's words delivered through His last Prophet [S.A.W].

NOW, Don't poke your nose in here if you don't believe in your OWN religious book.

Next time do not show your ignorance by quoting Indian texts, believe in your gods words as you deem fit, I don't want them to be a part of Indian law.

P.S.--its interesting tonote you quote Rajput as your nick, rajputana is also based on laws and customs which I believe would be in direct contradiction with Quran's words, I suggest you decide whether you are a Rajput or a Muslim since you obviously can't claim Rajput hetritage if you are a Muslim.

Next time do not show your ignorance by quoting Indian texts, believe in your gods words as you deem fit, I don't want them to be a part of Indian law.

P.S.--its interesting tonote you quote Rajput as your nick, rajputana is also based on laws and customs which I believe would be in direct contradiction with Quran's words, I suggest you decide whether you are a Rajput or a Muslim since you obviously can't claim Rajput hetritage if you are a Muslim.

Rajput is a caste in pakistan

Rajput is a caste in pakistan

But arent castes non-existent in Islam ??

Atleast that is what Pakistani members say when criicising India and Hinduism for its caste problems.

I think if Europeans can jail someone for denying holocaust then why not punish someone for blasphemy law

But I feel that there is room for abuse so it has to be more fool proof

Rest ... its tough ...good thing I am no Judge

Secularism isn't anti Islamic, it's not anti religion. It's basic neutrality in the matter of religion whereby a secular identifier, be it an individual or state remains quiet on matters of religion.

They know this. The problem they actually have is the notion that man made laws are being substituted for their Islamic ones. This they find unacceptable.

This is why the politicians not dare try to change or alter the law because they will be labeled anti-Islamic by the religious parties and masses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom