What's new

Group Captain Abhinandan V to get Vir Chakra from President for the false claim of shooting down F-16 on 27 Feb

Got an award of bravery for an unconfirmed kill! Fowyak...

No, he got an award for his bravery

man got shot down and taken captive behind enemy lines, all in the service of his country.

vir literally translates to brave, well deserved.

the F-16 thing is just propaganda, other side is doing it too.

Got an award of bravery for an unconfirmed kill! Fowyak...

Must understand, that, it is now a compulsion of Modi and BJP; since they won the 2019 Election, on the premise that they have taught a lesson to Pakistan. :lol: They are politically bound to maintain this fakery and delusion, for all times to come.

No, he got an award for his bravery

man got shot down and taken captive behind enemy lines, all in the service of his country.

vir literally translates to brave, well deserved.

the F-16 thing is just propaganda, other side is doing it too.
Then why make one a hero and forget the other like a Zero.
Flight Lieutenant K Nachiketa was also captured after getting shot down and spent much longer in captivity than Abhinandan.

1637764972854.png

Then why make one a hero and forget the other like a Zero.
Flight Lieutenant K Nachiketa was also captured after getting shot down and spent much longer in captivity than Abhinandan.

View attachment 796390
I don't know, ask the powers that be/were

Nichiketa got tortured too, was a different era back then.. he had to quit fighter duties and fly a cargo heavy there on if im not mistaken...

either way, Abhinandan's medal is well deserved, he's a braveheart if there ever was one

I don't know, ask the powers that be/were

Nichiketa got tortured too, was a different era back then.. he had to quit fighter duties and fly a cargo heavy there on if im not mistaken...

either way, Abhinandan's medal is well deserved, he's a braveheart if there ever was one
He was not tortured ...He had skid a cord in his back during the jump...

Is there an official statement from the government that mentions F-16? If not its just Indian media being Indian media.

The award is doled out by the military mastermind that is Modi who thought clouds will help Abhinandan escape the radars.

Modi-Cloud-tweet.jpg

The result was this embarrassing picture of Maj Gen Surinder Singh Mahal posing with the Pakistani AIM-120C that shot down IAF Su-30MKI.

IAF-Proof.jpg

He was not tortured ...He had skid a cord in his back during the jump...
he might have, not super well researched into it and just spoke of the top of what came to mind..

either way, different eras, much of the politics of the region has changed since

a major conflict/skirmish looks unlikely for no, which is always a good thing

anyway, F 16 stuff is just noise, Abhinandan got awarded for his role as an air warrior, served his country well and with honour

he might have, not super well researched into it and just spoke of the top of what came to mind..

either way, different eras, much of the politics of the region has changed since

a major conflict/skirmish looks unlikely for no, which is always a good thing

anyway, F 16 stuff is just noise, Abhinandan got awarded for his role as an air warrior, served his country well and with honour
Exactly....that's what I am saying ...There was no need of torturing a POW falling from the air ...they don't have much info ...and what they have ...they share it to ease their miseries ...
As an air warrior... He can be awarded a medal but why it is written in his citation that he shot down an F-16 ?

Exactly....that's what I am saying ...There was no need of torturing a POW falling from the air ...they don't have much info ...and what they have ...they share it to ease their miseries ...
As an air warrior... He can be awarded a medal but why it is written in his citation that he shot down an F-16 ?
I'd have to look at the content of the speeches given at his felicitation, who gave those speeches, and at what exactly his certificate says, who it is signed by (president of India etc?)

not done any of that research, so I can not speak about this whole thing with any more authority that I already may have..

you're welcome to do the hard work and dig out speeches by the Indian President talking about F-16s shot down or screenshots of his trophys that say the same... we'll have a look, sure.

I'd have to look at the content of the speeches given at his felicitation, who gave those speeches, and at what exactly his certificate says, who it is signed by (president of India etc?)

not done any of that research, so I can not speak about this whole thing with any more authority that I already may have..

you're welcome to do the hard work and dig out speeches by the Indian President talking about F-16s shot down or screenshots of his trophys that say the same... we'll have a look, sure.
I have already seen the clip and heard his citation ....that's why I said it. You can watch it too at your own disposal as it pleases you.

I have already seen the clip and heard his citation ....that's why I said it. You can watch it too at your own disposal as it pleases you.
just usual propaganda then, countries do that..

No doubt that under adverse circumstances, the IAF officer played exceptional professionalism thus needs to be acknowledged but as can be seen, the citation mentions his achievements that never occurred or existed.....this false bravado thus erodes the core values of the officer and the force.

1637781093103.png

Back
Top Bottom