What's new

Haryana cops to drop Persian, Urdu words from FIRs

Why does this news cause so much excitement and pain (especially among Pakistanis)? Police and government documents should be in simple language that everyone can understand. It has nothing to do with the language of invaders; even our religious texts were simplified thousands of years ago from Sanskrit to the regional languages. Of course this concept is tough to comprehend for those that lack diversity or identity.

Oho, nothing new. Its India's revolution in purifying itself from Invaders..
Next step.. send the Muslas to the conversion center.... if they dont comply ..gas them!

Although, I like most of your post but here I would totally disagree with your view. If you ask a Bengali in West Bengal to replace some words (derived from Sanskrit) with Urdu then they would probably choose to die than accepting that demand. But, that doesn't mean Bengali (Hindu) in West Bengal have hatred towards Urdu speaking Muslim or Urdu language (stark contrast from 1971 East Pakistan).........

West Bengal gives second language status to Urdu after Bengali

More Hindus study in Madrasas than Muslim in West Bengal

Next step.. send the Muslas to the conversion center.... if they dont comply ..gas them!

then why don't u purify urself and go back to ur original culture..

Urdu prevalent in WB... I have seen Urdu Test papers as well?

If we use Urdu words, you guys say, we still rule you, if some stop using it, you cry foul.

Chahte kya ho Janab ?

Sir, did you read the news coz from where I see it and the words I read, if it causes trouble in administration and IF changes can :
increase the efficiency
save time
avoid confusion

Then why not. If this is the reason, I think no problem.

Hell, your forum is English based, should we call that you are bringing online revolution to Pakistan to reclaim the rule of Britishers.

I mean at least you can give a better logic and reasoning.

Would Pakistan be the only heir to the Mughal administrative lexicon? The list of words are a mix of Persian and Arabic terms that have been used for a number of centuries. We in Pakistan still use it. Some terms are archaic, but it is the jargon of the field. No avoiding it.

Sir, did you read the news coz from where I see it and the words I read, if it causes trouble in administration and IF changes can :
increase the efficiency
save time
avoid confusion

Then why not. If this is the reason, I think no problem.

Hell, your forum is English based, should we call that you are bringing online revolution to Pakistan to reclaim the rule of Britishers.

I mean at least you can give a better logic and reasoning.

Like I said before, reactionary boo hoo's. ..the whole lot of ya :cuckoo:
Go read my post before this.

Haan hamne URDU YA DURDU ko nikaal diya! What are you gonna do about it? Its not like you gonna wave a magic wand and make pakistan 25% hindu again are you?
So why this PITY FOR THEM?

Forget about Pakistanis if any secular Indian feel bad about it then ... ukhad lo kya ukhado ge !!!
Apparently you have better chances to convince Talibans to drop their weapons and work for RED CROSS then convincing Haryanvis to mend their ways.

Its not 'purification',its because the common haryana man who lodges complaint can't understand urdu since he speaks punjabi.This causes harassment,thus is why change was done..not with any agenda.Unlike in pakistan where punjabi speakers can't even speak punjabi and speak urdu here every child in every state learns his regional language as mother tongue,along with hindi and english as national and international languages.

I don't think Urdu language should be considered foreign. It is an Indian born language and part of our shared heritage. It is a beautiful language. English on the other hand is a foreign language yet Indians could not free themselves from the slavery of this language. Even the term "India" is not our word.

I don't think Urdu language should be considered foreign. It is an Indian born language and part of our shared heritage. It is a beautiful language. English on the other hand is a foreign language yet Indians could not free themselves from the slavery of this language. Even the term "India" is not our word.

There can be no contest that Urdu is a wonderful language to speak & hear.

With regard to Haryana - its not relevant to the locals any more - thats all.

Back
Top Bottom