What's new

Has Any one Watched "Gangs Of Wasseypur"?

Mrityunjay Rai

Reaction score
Country
India
Guys Its Awesome Movie ...

A Must Watch........

review-of-gangs-of-wasseypur.jpg

^^^ Good movie...

They fictionalised a lot of things... The reality in Dhanbad area is much more interesting...

^^^ Good movie...

They fictionalised a lot of things... The reality in Dhanbad area is much more interesting...

I agree but they tried their best to be authentic ...... Best movie of the year....

It seems the film doesn't had much of an impact at Box Office

Box Office: 'Gangs of Wasseypur', 3 days, Rs 10 crore

Mumbai: The weekend collections of Kunal Kohli's 'Teri Meri Kahaani' and the much-hyped 'Gangs of Wasseypur' have been far from encouraging at the box office. While 'TMK' got a mixed response from the critics and the audience making its box office prospects difficult, Gangs received critical acclaim but that has failed to transfer into box office numbers.
A trade expert says, "Anurag Kashyap's Gangs opened to average collections and the first day went around Rs 3 crore while the remaining two days of the weekend (Saturday and Sunday) brought in around Rs 7 more making it around Rs 10 crore for the first week end. Made on a budget of around Rs 16 crore for one part including P and A, it is too early to predict the final fate as of now."
According to the expert, 'Teri Meri Kahaani', which was sold for around Rs 42 crore, opened at around Rs 5 crore on Friday and had a weekend of around Rs 15 crore making it a losing proposition at the box office. Apparently, now it will be an uphill task to recover its money for its distributors.

IBNLive
On the other hand, last week's release 'Ferrari Ki Sawaari' collected around Rs 18 crore for the first week and collected another Rs 4 crore for the weekend, making its total to around Rs 22 crore.
'Shanghai' entered its third week and had collected around Rs 19 crore so far in its first two weeks. However the third weekend collections were extremely poor to say the least and did not even manage to collect Rs 1 crore on the weekend.
On the other hand, 'Rowdy Rathore' continues to attract the audience to the cinema halls and is heading towards the Rs 135 crore mark. Currently placed at No 4 among all-time blockbusters, the film collected around Rs 3.25 crore on the weekend.
The publicity team of 'Gangs of Wasseypur' has left no stone unturned in promoting the film, especially through the social networking sites.
The film has been screened and appreciated at prestigious film festivals across the globe, so the Indian audiences were waiting for its release. However, the response to the film is not as overwhelming as expected.
'Gangs of Wasseypur' had recovered its cost even before its release, and the collection of first three days is apt enough to make it a success, but it's not sweeping the audiences off the feet like 'Rowdy Rathore' and 'Housefull 2'.
The film still has ample time to pick up at the box office as no big film is releasing this week.

Box Office: 'Gangs of Wasseypur', 3 days, Rs 10 crore - Movies News News - IBNLive

I will wait for its dvd . And i don't hope its going to do well next week because Spiderman is coming

a brilliant movie . kept me at the edge of my seat . a must watch .

I will wait for its dvd . And i don't hope its going to do well next week because Spiderman is coming

Spiderman type people are not going to watch this movie anyway....... It has already exceeded its budget.

ARE YAAR BEHTARIN FILM HAI."Kaa Bawasir Bana Diye Ho, Haath Jhan Jhanaa Jata Hai"

Brilliant movie, has a touch of Godfather and the madness of Tarantino movies, waiting for the 2nd part. Goli nahi marenge saale ko, keh ke lenge uski :D

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom