What's new

Hindu temple attacked with bullets

Before calling anyone racist, please understand it is a clear sign of xenophobia, and not racism.

You do understand there is very little line differentiating the two.

Are there any such attacks on the Kiwis or the English ?

You do understand there is very little line differentiating the two.

Are there any such attacks on the Kiwis or the English ?

Yes, it is the thin 'brown' line.

And no, no attacks against Kiwis or English. If the Kiwis or English or Aussies, which are mostly White Christians, go to the US or Germany or any other country even then they won't be attacked. Simply because the attackers rarely realize that they are foreigners, given their similar skin.

I hope you understand I am not trying to downplay this incident, which is indeed very serious (and hence I created this thread). It is just that I do not want the that community to be judged on the basis of lack of information.

P.S. Moderators, there are two threads on the same topic. Please merge this thread with this one - http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/101315-hindu-temple-attacked-bullets.html

Yes, it is the thin 'brown' line.

And no, no attacks against Kiwis or English. If the Kiwis or English or Aussies, which are mostly White Christians, go to the US or Germany or any other country even then they won't be attacked. Simply because the attackers rarely realize that they are foreigners, given their similar skin.

I hope you understand I am not trying to downplay this incident, which is indeed very serious (and hence I created this thread). It is just that I do not want the that community to be judged on the basis of lack of information.

I know you are not downplaying anything, but judging/attacking a man by the colour of the skin is indeed racism.

If it is xenophobia ideally even the Brits or the Kiwis should not be spared after all they are also foreigners in Australia.

I love how people assume things before a police investigation has even begun.

It's obvious someone has got a vendetta against this temple, and i don't believe it's because of the religion or anyones race.

It may be from a personal disagreement between some of the people who attend the temple, who knows really.

rubbish you are putting the blame back on hindus living there? are you crazy? read the article again

I don't understand what the hell is wrong with Aussies. Told you... they are really not the kind of people I expected would turn against us needlessly. If they have a problem with us and our ways of life, how about they stop migration and ask their government to severe all ties with India and other countries that they don't like? What's the effing point of calling people and then beating or attacking them and the places they hold dear?

I know you are not downplaying anything, but judging/attacking a man by the colour of the skin is indeed racism.

If it is xenophobia ideally even the Brits or the Kiwis should not be spared after all they are also foreigners in Australia.

Sri, you are taking into consideration only a part of my statement.

This is what I am emphasizing on:

Yes - the basis of their recognizing a foreigner is the color of the skin. But - their misgivings against the victims are not based on the color, rather on the citizenship. They are not educated or mature, so they are using the skin color as a criterion to spot a foreigner. With that kind of maturity level on display, it will not be too long when this xenophobia transforms into racism. In due time, it always happens. But majority of the cases I learned about, showed that the attacks carried the sign "go back...". Hence I believe it is more about xenophobia, and less about racism, which too may be the reason behind many attacks.

On this occasion, are you serious. A very good friend of mine was beaten to pulp and you think this is the only occasion.

Very unfortunate but true many such incidents happened there. condemnable.

what is the main reason why they are happening to Indians there ??

First off dont put all the blame on australians until everything becomes clear in sydney particular there is alot of minority crime particularly by lebanese/middle eastern gangs which drive byes are characteristics of.(ofcourse it might not be them)

This was also overlooked with the Indian attacks in Australia which alot of were done by indians themselves(in 1 case a man set himself on fire and claimed a racial attack) and lebanese gangs aswell as some australians.

BBC NEWS | Asia-Pacific | More attacks on Indians in Sydney

Indian man Jaspreet Singh set himself on fire say police

I don't understand what the hell is wrong with Aussies. Told you... they are really not the kind of people I expected would turn against us needlessly. If they have a problem with us and our ways of life, how about they stop migration and ask their government to severe all ties with India and other countries that they don't like? What's the effing point of calling people and then beating or attacking them and the places they hold dear?

Australia, until quite recently did have a "suspect" form of immigration laws.

Land of convicts is what is wrong with them not their fault just bad DNA, first they massacred the poor Aborigines now it is the turn of immigrants shame on the Oz goverment for doing jack all.

Very unfortunate but true many such incidents happened there. condemnable.

what is the main reason why they are happening to Indians there ??

Not only Indians but muslims have been victims of their hate crimes it is one country to avoid and never to visit, aussie people even smashed up a TV set in the Delhi 2010 games no other country acted like this only them.

Not only Indians but muslims have been victims of their hate crimes it is one country to avoid and never to visit, aussie people even smashed up a TV set in the Delhi 2010 games no other country acted like this only them.

really?

Sydney gang rapes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ashfield gang rapes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2005 Cronulla riots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia -note the 1st event on why the riots started by the bashing of 2 off duty life guards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Staines

a small majority come from convicts so cut the .

Land of convicts is what is wrong with them not their fault just bad DNA, first they massacred the poor Aborigines now it is the turn of immigrants shame on the Oz goverment for doing jack all.

thats a bit big exaggeration that too coming from an Indian where the word massacre galore more than anywhere in modern time.

Instead of being emotional you need to find out the root cause of any such hostility towards Indians there, thats where the clue might be and could be fixed .

Keep aside the faith here. I am asking we see alot of coverage in Indian media about attacks on Indians in Australia so i am asking what is the issue? what is this thing which is leading to attacks on Indians?

there are many immigrants from other countries too in Australia but we dont see such attacks against them.

or may be its because of Indian media is over playing these ?

thats a bit big exaggeration that too coming from an Indian where the word massacre galore more than anywhere in modern time.

Instead of being emotional you need to find out the root cause of any such hostility towards Indians there, thats where the clue might be and could be fixed .

Like I said not only Indians have been victims if you think muslims are spared well it is not the case and must you troll in every thread Jana and go off topic?

Back
Top Bottom