What's new

How do we make PDF better?

Some ppl measure post quality by the number of likes in a profile.
Likes 're similar to our marks in school, which 're not an indicator of one's intelligence and in this case of post quality. Most probably the number of likes mean that you have some friends on the forum.

Likes 're similar to our marks in school, which 're not an indicator of one's intelligence and in this case of post quality. Most probably the number of likes mean that you have some friends on the forum.
thanks is the easiest way to say I agree... it depends on people how they perceive the count.

Then there should also be a way to say I disagree. :)
thats an old demand... in suggestion section.. if it was trivial they would have added the functionality.
btw if your thanks count is significantly more than post count, you are either a female, a mod/tt or a troll. :p:

Only pak mods are ok.
But ... but how about Serpentine and others? Are you suggesting they get stripped of their title?
I think having moderators from abroad helps if they are chosen properly. What's more, you have
to differentiate between the mod and the poster. I most often disagree with Serpentine on his posts
as I do with sancho who as TTA can give ratings but having been a mod myself elsewhere, I'd say
that both are honest in their PDF duties. I does not matter that I agree or not with their views as long
as they do their "jobs" honestly. I was voted Best Management and Best moderator on different forums
with different topics despite speaking frankly so I know the two are not mutually exclusive!

How many women are there? Myself and ?
Gentle Madokfc is certainly a girl too … then again, sex should not be as important as common sense in discussions.

There's another Russian member who is very sane, but I'm unable to recall his name right now.
Kɲapa maybe?

Everyone in this world is a backstabber,that's how the life works. When you want to get more power,you have to backstabb someone.
Nah, I'm not interested in power. I only frontstab! 8-)

Make all Indian members go through psychometric testing.
Yeah, a test following rules like those in the MMRCA to boot, that way the next Bharati will be admitted in 2103! :omghaha:

Indian input does add a bit of spice to the forum.
Well, India is renowned for its spices; ask Columbus! :yes4:

I troll for a reason.
Don't they all! :laugh:

Then there should also be a way to say I disagree
Say it with flowers?
pfoZZ0N.jpg

More constructively ma'am, if PDF had a dislike button, some folks and not just trolls, would get fingeritis …
from overusing it. I agree with the idea but without tweaks, I think it would be unworkable.

Have a fun day all, Tay.

Kɲapa maybe?
That member is an Indian.
I was talking about @Barmaley .
More constructively ma'am, if PDF had a dislike button, some folks and not just trolls, would get fingeritis …
from overusing it. I agree with the idea but without tweaks, I think it would be unworkable.
I meant it in a sarcastic way.
If there's no way to express that I dislike a post then I would prefer not having a "like" tab too. In short, I want the "like" tab removed.
But it's finally the admin's call.
And since you're senior to me you need not call me ma'am. Lol

And since you're senior to me you need not call me ma'am. Lol
We still don't know that for sure now do we? :-)

But I've got no qualms with calling you grrrl or any derivative! :p:

Besides, I don't act nor get taken for my real age IRL with young women mistaking themselves often …
so it really doesn't matter, does it?

You sound thought out and assertive : you get the ma'am treatment! :police:

8-) Tay.

Then there should also be a way to say I disagree. :)

You can disagree and debate on the matter ,with the member you disagree with and then elaborate your point of view upon which you have based your disagreement.You can convince the folks in a better way.

And if you agree with someone or find the post helpful & you haven't got to add much to that matter by replying on the thread then just click on the "thanks" and move on(But that's just a shortcut that i have mentioned). You can always add your opinion or a different perspective to debate.

By adding an "I Disagree" option and then clicking it after reading the post is not a solution.Hence it should be avoided when you already have got the option to show your disagreement in words.The person whom you are replying can know about it when you reply, the members who are involved or are going through the debate can very much make their opinion based upon it.
The forum is not about announcing your disagreements ,it's a debating zone where everyone is free to have his/her opinion regarding a topic that is being discussed.

That is just my opinion.

:)

Last edited:
You can disagree and debate on the matter ,with the member you disagree with and then elaborate your point of view upon which you have based your disagreement.You can convince the folks in a better way.

And if you agree with someone or find the post helpful & you haven't got to add much to that matter by replying on the thread then just click on the thanks and move on.You can always add your opinion or a new perspective to debate.But that's just a shortcut that i have mentioned.

By adding an "I Disagree" option and then clicking it after reading the post is not a solution.Hence it should be avoided when you already have got the opinion to show your disagreement in words.The person whom you are replying can know about it when you reply, the members who are involved or are going through the debate can very much make their opinion based upon it.
The forum is not about announcing your disagreements ,it's a debating zone where everyone is free to have his/her opinion regarding a topic that is being discussed.

That is just my opinion.

:)
My sarcasm whooshed over your head too. :tsk:
It's not about disliking a post, its about (In)significance of like tab.
This is what I meant...
If there's no way to express that I dislike a post then I would prefer not having a "like" tab too. In short, I want the "like" tab removed.
But it's finally the admin's call.

My sarcasm whooshed over your head too. :tsk:
It's not about disliking a post, its about (In)significance of like tab.
This is what I meant...

Then what do you do when you like someone's post?
It's acts as a "Like" sort of thing as in the FB etc.
At time you just agree with someone and like his opinion or point and do not want to repeat it,as it's already been discussed by the member so, you click the golden thumb and thank him/her for the effort.

agreed.

people who support someone's post can demonstrate in two ways, (a). by typing the reason in a clear reasonable manner, (b). using the poll facility that the op has created in certain situations.

Then what do you do when you like someone's post?
It's acts as a "Like" sort of thing as in the FB etc.
At time you just agree with someone and like his opinion or point and do not want to repeat it,as it's already been discussed by the member so, you click the golden thumb and thank him/her for the effort.

your opinion on my above post, please.

agreed.

people who support someone's post can demonstrate in two ways, (a). by typing the reason in a clear reasonable manner, (b). using the poll facility that the op has created in certain situations.

your opinion on my above post, please.

Sure about "A" why not, may be you are more clear about the matter than him and so you can help the person in that debate or clear his point.All in for that.

For "B".... please let me respond to both @levina and you my friend.

It's a very simple formula.
Post quality when judged by a title holder on the forum,comes in the form of a Positive rating.
But when a Full/Senior/Elite member rates it , you add to the tally in the form of thanks.
If a member is wasting your time or that of the other members by trolling / derailing the debate, you will hardly feel the need to thank the member.

So, now i'm clueless about why we will be adding a poll for this,when with a click you can add a "thanks" count ?
If you don't feel the need ,just don't do it.It is that simple.
The thanks system used to exist well before the ratings system and it DOES count & show your contribution.As the only option to rate someone back then was to thank someone for the effort.

Back
Top Bottom