What's new

How do we make PDF better?

It was not complain but sugesssion to bring this neutral approach in political topics. Its very common to observe term like " Noon goon" " Patwari" "Noon Slave" etc use for those who dont consider Imran as political messiah. Now if using these words are norm in political section then whats wrong if someone use same kind of terms for ptia/Imran khan and their supporters ? If nothing is wrong with nawaz bashing then whats wrong with imran bashing? I know you have more supporters of IK on this forum but rule should be same for everyone. I have seen moderator intervene only when ptian start getting taste of their own medicine
It was by surprise that i had opened that thread and seen such posts. If you can check again, posts which used the words like 'noon goons', or 'patwaris' were edited...as they were off-topic. In fact the user was warned too, you weren't even warned as you were falling for the traps. Basic purpose of the edits was to keep everyone on topic. you should be thankful of mods to clean your thread.:frown: The suggestion comes from an experience, tell us more about it.

And please report such posts too, i personally don't go through political thread due to no logical discussions.
understand it but what i wanted to say that if ptians who are in majority are allowed to bash personalities of others political parties then i should have same right and moderator should not delete my post because i bash someone whom they consider as great leader .If someone call me noon goon, patwari and slave for my political views then how same response from my side become inappropriate ?
Yes it does. Report such posts and if no action is take post a thread in GHQ with complains. If posts are found to be abusive or off-topic or any such, they will be deleted. Try not to responding to such posts and using such language.
I agree it should be allowed as long as it is not abusive.
Agreed...as long as it in not abusive, and members do not use words like 'potians', or 'pamper/ shit leaks'...

Too many members getting banned.

Those who suffer from lalochezia must be banned and I support it.
But quite often I've seen members getting banned for holding divergent views. Censoring views from the other side kills discussions. JMHO!
You can not expect everyone to be a yes-man.

@WebMaster

Too many members getting banned.

Those who suffer from lalochezia must be banned and I support it.
But quite often I've seen members getting banned for holding divergent views. Censoring views from the other side kills discussions. JMHO!
You can not expect everyone to be a yes-man.

@WebMaster

I think it is about the attitude and HOW you say NO!
Criticism for the sake of criticism helps no one, it just derails the thread and repeated offense like this usually leads to ban.

Disagreement is part of a public forum, in fact, this is what it is all about so i am sure that disagreement is not the reason of bans. In fact, i disagree with lots of things with mods and other members, you know that as well, some of my posts and views are what people will call "anti-Pakistan" IF they are read without context and the background. I think you can say the same for @Kaptaan Yet i have never been banned and i don't think he have been either. There are so many members who will disagree and debate but they are an important part of the forum. It is the people who come here just to spread negativity and post troll baits who usually get the stick.

@WebMaster if you really want to make PDF better wipe off all my negetive ratings and make me a TT or even a mods i will make PDF really better and take apropriate action against all kinds of trolling and abusing without prejudice

@WebMaster if you really want to make PDF better wipe off all my negetive ratings and make me a TT or even a mods i will make PDF really better and take apropriate action against all kinds of trolling and abusing without prejudice
God knows how i restrained myself from rating this negative!! :lol:

jc-cute-5.jpg

It is the people who come here just to spread negativity and post troll baits who usually get the stick
The problem arises when a few get away with trolling. The ambiguity in moderation leads to further trolling by other members or so I think.

I think it is about the attitude and HOW you say NO!
Criticism for the sake of criticism helps no one, it just derails the thread and repeated offense like this usually leads to ban.

Disagreement is part of a public forum, in fact, this is what it is all about so i am sure that disagreement is not the reason of bans. In fact, i disagree with lots of things with mods and other members, you know that as well, some of my posts and views are what people will call "anti-Pakistan" IF they are read without context and the background. I think you can say the same for @Kaptaan Yet i have never been banned and i don't think he have been either. There are so many members who will disagree and debate but they are an important part of the forum. It is the people who come here just to spread negativity and post troll baits who usually get the stick.

Only the hyper-jingoes would say that. Either about you or about @Kaptaan and I have not found either of you backing down an inch, for instance, when you felt I was being unfair to the Pakistani interest. Reminds me of the fine old saying, 'Suaviter in modo, fortiter in re'. You wouldn't mind going a little easy on the fortiter, would you, chaps? Considering my age and the fact that I wear glasses! :P

On an associated note, I have to share with all of you that hand-in-hand with the visible and very encouraging curbing of bhakts and Indian trolls - it is quite noticeable, the general silence from them - there has been a rise in volume among the other groups. A lot more (young?) Pakistanis, a few (young?) Bangladeshis, and an entirely new breed of Chinese are showing up, and it isn't entirely a happy experience. Case of the swings and roundabouts, I suppose; nothing much to be done.

O tempora, O mores.

Tempting.

VERY tempting.

The problem arises when a few get away with trolling. The ambiguity in moderation leads to further trolling by other members or so I think.
That is where normal members should step up. Just report such posts. :) Make sure that no one gets away. Even in a worst case scenario, some of the posts you reported may not see any action taken against them but continuous effort on your part will surely get the attention of moderators and it is almost sure that the culprit will be help accountable. I have done that i i totally see its advantages. This report button is taken too lightly but if all the members start using it properly it can be a great tool to make PDF a better place. :tup:

Only the hyper-jingoes would say that. Either about you or about @Kaptaan and I have not found either of you backing down an inch, for instance, when you felt I was being unfair to the Pakistani interest. Reminds me of the fine old saying, 'Suaviter in modo, fortiter in re'. You wouldn't mind going a little easy on the fortiter, would you, chaps? Considering my age and the fact that I wear glasses! :P
Well thank you Sir. Also i do not need to say that i respect you and your views that you share. This is a fact and me saying it or not wont change it. I am glad we have you and a few other members like you from India and from all those other different countries. This is what makes PDF a great place to spend some time online. :)

On an associated note, I have to share with all of you that hand-in-hand with the visible and very encouraging curbing of bhakts and Indian trolls - it is quite noticeable, the general silence from them - there has been a rise in volume among the other groups. A lot more (young?) Pakistanis, a few (young?) Bangladeshis, and an entirely new breed of Chinese are showing up, and it isn't entirely a happy experience. Case of the swings and roundabouts, I suppose; nothing much to be done.
That is true and already been taken notice of. Hopefully you will see some action soon if the trend continues. This is something that have been discussed about already and will surely be taken care of.

Tempting.

VERY tempting.
:lol:

I think you can say the same for @Kaptaan Yet i have never been banned and i don't think he have been either. There are so many me
That reminds me, where's @Kaptaan ?
He was not keeping well since sometime now.
Report in @Kaptaan .

at is where normal members should step up. Just report such posts. :) Make sure that no one gets away. Even in a worst case scenario, some of the posts you reported may not see any action taken against them but continuous effort on your part will surely get the attention of moderators and it is almost sure that the culprit will be help accountable. I have done that i i totally see its advantages. This report button is taken too lightly but if all the members start using it properly it can be a great tool to make PDF a better place. :tup:
Yes I'm sure it does.
I still feel most of the members get banned because they are not aware of the forum etiquette.
Every new member should receive a PM describing the policies of the forum, as soon as they join here.
Something similar happens in companies when a new employee joins it. Lolz

Last edited:
I've tried multiple computers, platforms, and OS, yet every time I log in to PDF Flash crashes. Problem does not occur when I'm not logged in.

Reduce the number of posts required to post link. Or get rid of it altogether and replace it with those "I am not a robot" image verification.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom