What's new

How do we make PDF better?

@WebMaster @mods

1. Can there be a minimum characters needed for a post? That will help remove 1-2 word posts which are actually of no use and mostly found to be troll posts
  2. We need to stop posts which is just filled with smileys and nothing else
  3. There needs to be a limit for smiley usage in every post except in Members club section
  4. We need to increase keyword ban database from thread opening automatically. I believe that database has not been updated for sometime.
  5. It would be nice if 1st post for any new user is mandatorily in Introduction thread. Better if main section can have a user with minimum number of posts. This is for controlling new formed accounts which are expressly made just for the sake of trolling and disrupting discussions.
  6. Zombie thread restarting is the trend followed by some users with just a line or one word or a comment to start a troll war. We report but can a thread more than a year old be disabled for fresh new content posting. If user has placed excellent information, of course mods can merge it and make it continue in original thread now unlocked for taking discussion forward...
These few points i think may help. Of course i am sure such points have been raised before as well at some or other time. But pls do relook into these again.

Zombie thread restarting is the trend followed by some users with just a line or one word or a comment to start a troll war. We report but can a thread more than a year old be disabled for fresh new content posting. If user has placed excellent information, of course mods can merge it and make it continue in original thread now unlocked for taking discussion forward...

Feel free to negative rate users who bump old threads unnecessarily. I found a few today.

Feel free to negative rate users who bump old threads unnecessarily. I found a few today.

Webmaster sir, there have been many issues popping up with tagging lately.

I have a few theories:

1) There is some limit to how many tags can be in one post after which the tags (some or all) do not work.

2) When you go back and edit a post adding more tags, these don't work.

3) Copy pasting tags from a .doc file doesn't work (has to be manually entered or something)

Could you please look into this issue? It has been persistent (but rare) but lately its getting more prevalent.

@Levina @baajey @Local_Legend @Rajaraja Chola @PARIKRAMA

2) When you go back and edit a post adding more tags, these don't work.
I've been telling him about it since last 2 years. :)
But i really think this is the main reason i miss out on the notifications.
Must be one of those ghosts of the forum which refuse to budge. Hehehe

The solution is, if you want to add more tags to ur post, just add the tags in a new reply and post immediately so tat ur post gets merged with ur previous post.

There is some limit to how many tags can be in one post after which the tags (some or all) do not work.
Afaik, that was done intentionally after trolls started to tag 40-50 members in one go. I mean who likes getting tagged repeatedly on useless threads. :/

3) Copy pasting tags from a .doc file doesn't work (has to be manually entered or something)
Not tried.

I've been telling him about it since last 2 years. :)
But i really think this is the main reason i miss out on the notifications.
Must be one of those ghosts of the forum which refuse to budge. Hehehe

The solution is, if you want to add more tags to ur post, just add the tags in a new reply and post immediately so tat ur post gets merged with ur previous post.

Afaik, that was done intentionally after trolls started to tag 40-50 members in one go. I mean who likes getting tagged repeatedly on useless threads. :/

Not tried.

Ok these are known issues then (except for possibly the last one). Good to know.

I was wondering if the limit is exceeded, do the following tags show up as regular text or do they still look like tags to the poster (because thats freaking annoying!).

do the following tags show up as regular text or do they still look like tags to the poster (because thats freaking annoying!).
Despite exceeding the limit, the tags would appear normal but the system wont generate any notification- my observation.

We report but can a thread more than a year old be disabled for fresh new content posting.
Not advised.
There are some threads in the military section which need to be updated, albeit occasionally. @jhungary and @AUSTERLITZ have many such threads.
Whats the harm in updating an old thread when you find more content to be posted there? Unless ofcourse someone uses it bump up old issues, in which case reporting should help...i reckon.

Nope.
The upper limit is 7 i guess and my name is 8th in the list. :lol:

Hmm I am wondering if it is a copy/paste glitch.
Noooh.
Me and @WAJsal have had a discussion on this in the past.
Even the admin himself had posted that there's an upper limit to the no. of ppl u can tag in a post.

Question for old members.

Right now (I hope this is the correct place to post this) having a conversation with another member on a thread where he is putting up photos. However, when I try to do the same, it is giving me only option of pasting a url from the web. The photos I want to put up are my own, on my computer and phone. How to do that please?

Hmm I am wondering if it is a copy/paste glitch.

@PARIKRAMA when you tag multiple people do you copy paste from another document with the names or something else?

I quote the tag part and in the the posting box i get the relevant part of all Ids .. then copy paste it into the requisite thread..

Back
Top Bottom