What's new

How Kashmir was stolen from Pakistan by Mountbatten

Pakistanisage

PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I would like to open this thread to discuss the circumstances how one single incident took Kashmir away from Pakistan because of Mountbatten's Manipulation. As Punjab was being divided up by the Radcliffe Commission, Gurdaspur District which was Muslim Majority District was awarded to Pakistan by Radcliffe commission, initially. Mountbatten kept the Radcliffe partition plan of Punjab secret till two days after Partition ( August 17th, 1947) and changed the status of Gurdaspur District as an area which was awarded to Pakistan to instead being awarded to India. This had a huge implication as two out of the three roads leading to Kashmir went through Gurdaspur district. These two roads were the shortest route to Kashmir. The third road went through leh and was the longest way to Kashmir.

Had Gurdaspur District been rightfully awarded to Pakistan being a Muslim majority district ( as decided by Radcliffe ), India could never have taken over Kashmir. I want Pakistanis to be aware of this historical manipulation that ended in a loss of Kashmir to Pakistan and we owe it all to the dastardly act of Lord Mountbatten.

Lord Mountbatten had requested both Jinnah and Nehru to let him remain the Governor-General of both India and Pakistan after the Partition. Nehru agreed to Mountbatten's request but Mr. Jinnah declined. Mountbatten never forgot that insult and paid back Pakistan by being biased in the partition matters.

Please research and give your opinions, respectfully.

Kashmir was not stolen from Pakistan, Infact Raja Harisingh was thinking to join Pakistan. but Pakistan Army showed impateince and attacked it. Harisingh did what any king will do for saving his kingdom he approached to Indian government & signed papers of accession in return of security assurance. No body stoled Kashmir its Pakistan's lust & impateince which cost them the loss.

About Gurdaaspur given to India & Why was Mountbatten not made governor of Pakistan you can check following link and find some answers yourself.

https://sites.google.com/site/cabin...en-and-jinnah-negotiations-on-pakistan-april-

Lol seriously?? You really dont know what this is going to lead to?? Or u in troll mode considering the tittle and all?
Totally agree with you. Instead of healthy discussion it might turn out to be mud slinging contest, a troll attractor.

Mountbatten ki kya galti ? who asked you to send in your lashkars to grab kashmir by force ? thoda patience dikhaya hota to Raja Hari singh may have joined you only . Pakistan lost Kashmir due to complete lack of soft skills which they haven't learnt even after 65 years of indipendence .

Kashmir was not stolen from Pakistan, Infact Raja Harisingh was thinking to join Pakistan. but Pakistan Army showed impateince and attacked it. Harisingh did what any king will do for saving his kingdom he approached to Indian government & signed papers of accession in return of security assurance. No body stoled Kashmir its Pakistan's lust & impateince which cost them the loss.

About Gurdaaspur given to India & Why was Mountbatten not made governor of Pakistan you can check following link and find some answers yourself.

https://sites.google.com/site/cabin...en-and-jinnah-negotiations-on-pakistan-april-

in the papers Harisingh signed where the hell did he give the IA to rape, plunder and loot his people in the way the IA is doing right now and has been doing since the dawn of partition, what concerns Pakistanis is not that you took Kashmir but that after taking it looted and plundered the innocent and unarmed civilians as if trying to get the last laugh on the matter, the day you stop this devil fest is the day the ''Kashmir dispute'' end and until then the resistance will continue, the hatred will continue and the resentment will only multiply and till then i say ''Vive la resistance'' Allah ho Akbar

Btw , Pakistan does have 33 % of Kashmir already . you didn't lose everything . But if you are talking about the real kashmir i.e the Kashmir Valley , then yeah you lost that .

Wasn't Gurudaspur given to India for Lahore.

Well going by your logic, Lahore and Karachi were non-Muslim majority cities, so they should have gone to India. Lahore had many Sikhs and also a sizeable number of Hindus, and Karachi was filled with Hindu Sindhi businessmen. You are providing only the half truths of the Radcliffe commision. India lost more in the Radcliffe commision than Pakistan.

You guys only got Lahore because otherwise you would not have had a major city in Pakistan. Karachi, your other major city, has been built by the Indian Mohajirs who migrated there post 1947.

I nearly gave you Lahore." Lord Cyril Radcliffe, Chairman of the Boundary Commission, told me. "But then I realised that Pakistan would not have any large city. I had already earmarked Calcutta for India."

Lahore had Hindus and Sikhs in a majority and way up in assets, he said. Yet he had no option because of paucity of big towns in Pakistan. The conversation took place at Radcliffe’s flat in London towards the later half of 1971. I had gone there to meet Lord Mountbatten, the last British Governor-General. I wanted to know how the boundary lines of India and Pakistan were drawn. Although the Boundary Commission had four more members—two from India, Mehar Chand Mahajan and Teja Singh, and two from Pakistan, Din Mohammed and Mohammed Munir—they were all serving judges.

Source: The Sunday Tribune - Spectrum

Kashmir is the only state in India who have a large majority of muslims ( also lakshwadeep isles )
It should belong to pakistan just because of that
Kashmir valley belongs to a muslim country, hindus killed so many Kashmiris

Lord Mountbatten had requested both Jinnah and Nehru to let him remain the Governor General of both India and Pakistan after the Partition. Nehru agreed to Mountbatten's request but Mr. Jinnah declined. Mountbatten never forgot that insult and paid back Pakistan by being biased in the partition matters.

So Pakistani leaders were bad negotiators from day 1 it seems...

Back
Top Bottom