What's new

How much sleep are you getting?

dBSPL

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Most adults need 7 to 9 hours of sleep. Sleep is an essential part of your overall health. A lot of people still under-estimate how important a good sleeping pattern is for your health. Too little sleep can cause many health problems, including memory problems, a weakened immune system, feelings of depression, weight gain, bad decision-making and a higher chance of conditions like high blood pressure, diabetes or heart attack.

Average sleep times of some countries are given in the two maps below. So how many hours do you sleep? More importantly, do you have an uninterrupted and regular sleep routine? If you make such an effort, how do you keep your routine? As far as I can see, most of the profiles on the forum are IT people. I think this is the most problematic group in terms of sleep health. Maybe there is some advice you can give to others.

asia-sleep.png

europe-sleep-2.png

I don't think chinese get 7 hours of sleep! Don't uou know 996 working culture of China? at some places?
It is working from 9 to 9 for 6 days. They can still sleep 7 hours but after compromising family time and self-cooking.
Lastly, Indians might sleep less due to time spent in entertaintment and commute. Their office time is not taht exhaustive, howeever, employees do overtime.

Unfortunately, I can only sleep 5-6 hours, most days. And not possible for me to sleep uninterruptedly during that time.

Unfortunately, I can only sleep 5-6 hours, most days. And not possible for me to sleep uninterruptedly during that time.

I can sleep 12H+ straight without even waking up once lol Alhumdulliah this is something I really excel at. On Avg I sleep around 8H - 9H a day.

Back
Top Bottom