What's new

How realistic is the possibility of import of crude or wheat from russia?

The North-South Gas pipeline was supposed to be funded and built by Russia? No?

To cut things short, my point is we can not replace Russia with Europe and US unless we have a trade of such magnitude with Russia. Pakistan does not even have 1% of trade with Russia, and the Russians will not buy 15-20billion USD of exports from Pakistan to replace the west. Until we have various avenues of cooperation, it does not make sense to make our friendly nations our foes to get discount from non-existent, never-heaed, unofficial LNG deal
Absolutely.

I am all for Pak - Russia economic dealings in person but this cannot be at the expense of Pak - WEST economic dealings. Pakistan's economy will collapse and 'emotionals' will have nothing to offer other then a new set-of-rants on the web.

WE should wait for the dust to settle; resolution of the ongoing Russia - Ukraine War to see what can be gained from Russia in economic terms without antagonizing the WEST.

Patience is important at times.

Some are quick to blame the establishment. Pervez Musharraf reached out to Russia but Russians were very slow to build economic relations with Pakistan.

Russians were close to Europe and India so Pakistan did not matter for a long time. Jaab mushkil waqt aiyah toh Pakistan yaad aa geya?

When Imran Khan visited Russia in 2022, Putin administration gave the nod to Russian forces to invade Ukraine during his visit. Very convenient and respectful.

This cannot be a one-sided bilateral relationship. It should be based on mutual respect and mutually beneficial in the end.

Self-respect bhi koi cheez hoti hai.

India is importing oil from Russia and they even import oil from Iran, no one lift eyebrows, our problem is we are too afraid like a subservient slave.
The world is not what it was like 20 years ago, there is a new world order on the horizon, the hegemony of west has been challenged by China and Russia.
If West has problem with Pakistan importing anything from Russia they should engage with Pakistan with respect rather than dictate us like we are their slaves. US just removed IK instead of having talks on equal level, this shows the amount of control US has over Pakistan.

No, India is not importing oil from Iran due to American pressure since 2018.

India does not import much oil from Russia either.

There is a mistake in our perception of India being immune to American pressure.

India is importing much oil from US and GCC in the Middle East.

India is also importing much gas from US and GCC in the Middle East.

India continues to diversify its energy imports channels nevertheless.

I am not sure who is misguiding Khan on these lines.

Pakistan should also explore alternatives like India. Maybe seek a deal with US and look for African suppliers.

Never take political rhetoric at face value. It is important to fact-check themes to be sure.

Absolutely.

I am all for Pak - Russia economic dealings in person but this cannot be at the expense of Pak - WEST economic dealings. Pakistan's economy will collapse and 'emotionals' will have nothing to offer other then a new set-of-rants on the web.

WE should wait for the dust to settle; resolution of the ongoing Russia - Ukraine War to see what can be gained from Russia in economic terms without antagonizing the WEST.

Patience is important at times.

Some are quick to blame the establishment. Pervez Musharraf reached out to Russia but Russians were very slow to build economic relations with Pakistan.

Russians were close to Europe and India so Pakistan did not matter for a long time. Jaab mushkil waqt aiyah toh Pakistan yaad aa geya?

When Imran Khan visited Russia in 2022, Putin administration gave the nod to Russian forces to invade Ukraine during his visit. Very convenient and respectful.

This cannot be a one-sided bilateral relationship. It should be based on mutual respect and mutually beneficial in the end.

Self-respect bhi koi cheez hoti hai.

No, India is not importing oil from Iran due to American pressure since 2018.

India does not import much oil from Russia either.

There is a mistake in our perception of India being immune to American pressure.

India is importing much oil from US and GCC in the Middle East.

India is also importing much gas from US and GCC in the Middle East.

India continues to diversify its energy imports channels nevertheless.

I am not sure who is misguiding Khan on these lines.

Pakistan should also explore alternatives like India. Maybe seek a deal with US and look for African suppliers.

Never take political rhetoric at face value. It is important to fact-check themes to be sure.
In my opinion,

Our future aligns with Central Asian Countries like Kazakhstan and Tajikistan and not so much with Russia. If they want to build economic relationship on mutual interest we welcome that but there is hardly any service we both nations can offer to each other At this stage. We can still increase our trade with Russia by exploring our demand and supply and possibly finding items Russia needs. I can only think of the IT sector, which can provide service to Russian tech companies. Other than that, the trade volume is unlikely to be several billion.

To diversify our energy needs, we should import gas from Tajikistan and Kazakhstan with Tajikistan being only 15 kilometres away from our border. For oil we usually stick with GCC as they offer us oil on loan payments all the time.

In my opinion,

Our future aligns with Central Asian Countries like Kazakhstan and Tajikistan and not so much with Russia. If they want to build economic relationship on mutual interest we welcome that but there is hardly any service we both nations can offer to each other At this stage. We can still increase our trade with Russia by exploring our demand and supply and possibly finding items Russia needs. I can only think of the IT sector, which can provide service to Russian tech companies. Other than that, the trade volume is unlikely to be several billion.

To diversify our energy needs, we should import gas from Tajikistan and Kazakhstan with Tajikistan being only 15 kilometres away from our border. For oil we usually stick with GCC as they offer us oil on loan payments all the time.

I hope TAPI works, Sir.

WE should also explore economic opportunities in Africa and South East Asian countries.

There are so many countries out there but our people are fixated on select few. USA kay saath taaluq theek nahin hotay aur Ruus or Cheen kay eliwah kuch nazar nahi aata.

Our situation is like this: Mommy Mommy - no Ruus gas... Eastablishmen...

Mommy's response should be like this: grow up and move on, son! Like seriously.

I don’t know why this matters anymore anyways. We would have saved a couple billion dollars buying Russian oil a year. So opportunity cost of not buying Russian oil is a couple billion a year.

But electing these PDM assholes means we’ll be losing 10s of billions of dollars a year ( SS wants 20 bn $ more than servicing cost). So I think we’re missing the Forest for the trees. Putting PMLN/PPP alliance in power is pretty much the equivalent of nuking our own country.

Back
Top Bottom