What's new

I am learning Urdu(Nastaliq script)

Like i said, it's Indic but not Indian. Besides, most people in Pakistan also speak it, hence there's more Urdu speakers in Pak than Bharat
Khari-boli means standing language, genius

Its Indian language taken to Pakistan by Muhajirs migrating from UP-Bihar-MP to Karachi-Hyderabad and not developed by Punjabis or Sindhis, so you don't own that. We have more native speakers of Urdu in India than in your Pakistan.

We use word Khariboli for the Hindi-Urdu dialect spoken in Delhi-Western Uttar Pradesh, otherwise there are more more dialects like Pahari, Braj, Awadhi, Bundelkhandi, Mewati etc in North-India.

What about you guys, Taripura, Sari Lanka its sounds funny when speak such words.

I think its just the Punjabis, usually the rural folks, they can't pronounce the "Sk" sound. School become sakool, straw becomes satraw, sprite become saprite, scooter becomes sacooter.

True Story.

What about you guys, Taripura, Sari Lanka its sounds funny when speak such words.

Maybe in India, but we say Tripura and Sri Lanka properly

I think its just the Punjabis, usually the rural folks, they can't pronounce the "Sk" sound. School become sakool, straw becomes satraw, sprite become saprite, scooter becomes sacooter

Just the rural folks, lol.

I think its just the Punjabis, usually the rural folks, they can't pronounce the "Sk" sound. School become sakool, straw becomes satraw, sprite become saprite, scooter becomes sacooter.

True Story.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I don't know this Taripura, but who phonetically pronounces Sri Lanka as "Sari Lanka"?

Lots of you guys speak Peculiar words dimag as Damag, Kathmandu as Kathmando, Bhutan as Bhotan. Very peculiar. And I did heard many Pakistanis saying Tripura as Taripura.

True Story.

Only some Punjabis. We in my family pronounce Sri Lanka as Siri Lanka.

Sprite as Spraite.

Cigarette as ciggat.

Police as Pulas.

True Story.

Yes one of my teacher in my school was a Punjabi lady, she used to pronounce Spread as Sapread.

Its Indian language taken to Pakistan by Muhajirs migrating from UP-Bihar-MP to Karachi-Hyderabad and not developed by Punjabis or Sindhis, so you don't own that. We have more native speakers of Urdu in India than in your Pakistan.

We use word Khariboli for the Hindi-Urdu dialect spoken in Delhi-Western Uttar Pradesh, otherwise there are more more dialects like Pahari, Braj, Awadhi, Bundelkhandi, Mewati etc in North-India.

One guy opened this thread to learn Urdu and you guyz turned it to India Vs Pakistan:tongue:

Its Indian language taken to Pakistan by Muhajirs migrating from UP-Bihar-MP to Karachi-Hyderabad and not developed by Punjabis or Sindhis, so you don't own that. We have more native speakers of Urdu in India than in your Pakistan

The language has been the cultural language of Muslims of South Asia for centuries; don't try to pull a fast one on me. Besides, those 'Urdu-speakers' are deserting their language for the Hindu version in India; so much for patronising it.
In Pakistan on the other hand, an increasing number of people just speak Urdu, not Punjabi Sindhi etc.

Hindi is the funniest sounding language to me after some of the South Indian dialects.

Some of the South Indian dialects have me cracking up.

Hindi is the funniest sounding language to me after some of the South Indian dialects.

Some of the South Indian dialects have me cracking up.

Not all Hindi. Thing is for many Indians Hindi is not the their mother tongue they have their own dialects. But the Hindi spoken in UP, Delhi, Himachal, Uttarakhand where Hindi is the first language, it doesn't sound much different than Urdu(accent, pronunciation), except less Persian words.

Its like how Pashtuns speak Urdu, or rural Punjabi or Balochi guy speaks Urdu. It sounds funny. Any case differences are very trivial, its like Spanish spoken in Spain and Mexico or English spoken in Australia, America and the UK. There is lot more in common than differences, yet people insist on focusing on those trivial differences.

The language has been the cultural language of Muslims of South Asia for centuries; don't try to pull a fast one on me. Besides, those 'Urdu-speakers' are deserting their language for the Hindu version in India; so much for patronising it.
In Pakistan on the other hand, an increasing number of people just speak Urdu, not Punjabi Sindhi etc.

Still the fact remain its from North India.

Lots of you guys speak Peculiar words dimag as Damag, Kathmandu as Kathmando, Bhutan as Bhotan. Very peculiar. And I did heard many Pakistanis saying Tripura as Taripura.

Actually...we don't even know what Tripura is...

One sec Lemme google it...
Ah, it's one of those tiny states in India which demand independence, :tup:

Still the fact remain its from North India.

Yes, Delhi Sultanate and Mughal Empire...:laugh:

Back
Top Bottom