What's new

I Love It : My Name is Khan

Chanakyaa

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Watched it today. Many Views many emotions dont know from where to start with.

A Movie perhaps the single most important movie that talks about several realities in a "naked" way.

The Movie which has a story to tell both on screen and perhaps more off screen.

I dont know if how many will appreciate and make a note of this fact that the move marks the Islamic surname "khan" , made in India with majority of Hindus, with a Controversy attached against the Most Radical Hindu Organization - Shiv Sena; Yet It Gets a Record Opening and makes Rs 300 Crore on Day 1.

The Message : In India We Love Emotions and truth and be it any one , even an organization claiming to support my own Religion cant deter us, We Dare to Support what is Right.

The Immense Popularity and Crowds prove that Indians can Stand to understand the Cause - in this case - The Hardships of Islamic Community - A Muslim Trying to Gain His Honor , His Respect that has been virtually denied to Islamic Community in the West Post 9/11.

As i said the movie has a message to give both onscreen and off screen.

On Screen we see, the Naked Truth, that how post 9/11 Muslim Shopkeepers were Beaten, Looted, and were in a greater sense "Dragged to hell" and in This Background we see that This Indian Movie Depicts The Courage a Man Puts in To Speak that he is a "Muslim" and that he is proud of his Identity ..
That His Name is Khan. and That he is NOT a Terrorist

Off the Screen it will make u think, when u get out of the hall, of the realities of the Islamic Community and the unwanted and forced criticism they are facing. Perhaps this makes a Hindu and a Christian think the inside of a Muslim heart which feels the same feeling of Dishonor , Hatred and Negligence which hurt every Human - A Fact we most often forget to realize.

If Pakistani Members would think , its a Real Gift to the Islamic Community Globally and this movie would have come much earlier.

Plz do watch it - it will make u think and understand the Indian Open Mindedness and Open Heartedness.

This is for all my Muslim Brothers - We Understand ur Pain, We are With U.

9dc5f0ef70812cc80672aa950ca723ea.jpg

Its a Must watch Movie for The WORLD ::

Link :: Watch My Name Is Khan 2010 online | Novamov - Flash videos for all

PS : The Muslim Father Praying for the peace of His "Best Friend" , a Hindu Son ( who is already dead ) Made me Weep.

Last edited:
Watched it yesterday. Loved the message of the film and I think Shahrukh did a very good job. This is like his 3rd or 4th performance that I have liked mainly because he played the character and not Shahrukh the superstar, which he generally does(similarly Swades and Chak De come to mind). Other performances in the movie were also very good.

About the movie as a whole, I have to say it is one more lost opportunity for Karan Johar. I did not have much faith on him before and even now I think he could have done much better as a director here. At times I felt the the movie was contrived, over simplistic and a bit lengthy. But still kudos to him for being brave with an unusual story and trying something different from his typical candyfloss cinema. But it is not as good as some of the reviews suggest. 3/5 from me and for the noble message I can go with 3.5.
-----------
@ XiNiX

You got wrong with the collections. No Bollywood movie except two(Ghajini and 3 Idiots) has crossed even the Rs- 200 Crore mark. MNIK's first day's worldwide collection was 25 Crore. From box office point of view, my guess is it will be the biggest earner overseas(beating 3 idiots) and won't come close to 3 Idiots' collection in the domestic circuit.

Thanks to people of India(bollywood) spreading the message to help communities subject to hatred living overseas.

This is what i call real help and representation.

I have many muslim friends in Sydney from Fiji, Malaysia, Bahrain, Egypt, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Jordan, Malta you name it... They all love shahrukh khan and bollywood and they have seen this movie on this past weekend they all loved the message.

^^^

Yup, I liked it too the movie the message and Sharukh's name in the movie 'Rizvan' ;).

Very nice movie, I liked it more than 3 idiots. It's on a serious issue and that also a controversial one, specially for someone like Sharukh. He must have thought of the negative impact on his fan following and I think for the same reason Amir has never touched or have ever given any statement that could have a negative impact on his fan following. I Salute Sharukh for sending out this message on behalf of all the muslims out there.

Last edited:
I prefer to stay away from bollywood movies
even if it is in support of Islam,
I'm not interested in watching because
bollywood made countless other movies
in which muslims are shown as mafia leaders
and terrorists and whatever the crap
one movie doesn't cancel all that out
so don't watch or support bollywood movies

Isn't it stolen concept from movie name " i am sam ".Sean Penn. 2001

this stealing idea of bollywood doesn't even shock me anymore lmao

If u read an article on the condition of pakistani theatres, u,ll undertand that by watching the movie u'll actually help ur own country which depend on bollywood movies.

More over if India shared the same attitute all the pakkstani actors/performers apperaing on Indian television would not have got the chance to show their talent.

yeah i watched this movie couple of hours ago

just want to say that

My name is Zaki and i am not a terrorist

^^^
It's on a serious issue and that also a controversial one, specially for someone like Sharukh. He must have thought of the negative impact on his fan following and I think for the same reason Amir has never touched or have ever given any statement that could have a negative impact on his fan following. I Salute Sharukh for sending out this message on behalf of all the muslims out there.

I didn't get your point there- What negative impact on Shahrukh's fan following are you talking about?

Isn't it stolen concept from movie name " i am sam ".Sean Penn. 2001

ahhh well... no it is not.. watch the movie, don't consider it Indian. You would like it if you are a rational man.

Its more than just a movie.

^^^

Yup, I liked it too the movie the message and Sharukh's name in the movie 'Rizvan' ;).

Very nice movie, I liked it more than 3 idiots. It's on a serious issue and that also a controversial one, specially for someone like Sharukh. He must have thought of the negative impact on his fan following and I think for the same reason Amir has never touched or have ever given any statement that could have a negative impact on his fan following. I Salute Sharukh for sending out this message on behalf of all the muslims out there.

Hi,

I understood that you assumed that he supported muslim that is why his fan following must have come down..

No,

That is a stigma which people carry in Pakistan ( I am not generalising, as they are not aware, thats all), It is very different. People in India live together, irrespective of their religion. Many claim, even Musharaf did, that muslims in India don't have equal rights, and He was slammed by an Indian MUSLIM in front of the media and 100s of people..

If that had been the case, APJ ABDUL KALAM wouldn't have become the president, our film industry is full of Khans and the are the most respected actors.

Best designers in India or even in Local areas are Muslims, everyone prefer Muslim tailors( not because of religion) but they are perfectionists in what they do..

I am not saying nothing bad happened. But still that way people cannot generalise it.

Shiv sena for the first time went on backfoot, This is where the democracy won in India.

I live in Maharashtra, I saw the movie between all the policeman guarding the hall even from inside with weapons like insaas.

It is just shiv sena who is having this stupid problem and creates issue on everything..

Shahrukh Khan fan falling has even increased.

ahhh well... no it is not.. watch the movie, don't consider it Indian. You would like it if you are a rational man.

Its more than just a movie.

yeah its a bit emotional movie too but i think New York (Starring Katrina Kaif, John Abraham and another guy) was better

They showed the real picture of American muslims like how they are suffering there and their reactions

This movie is also good...... very light story and little bit of emotional when he goes to south georgia (i think) and help peoples who are suffering from hurricane and flood

Nice movie...depicting universal emotions...as ever SRK was at his best...n thanks all for sharing.

If u read an article on the condition of pakistani theatres, u,ll undertand that by watching the movie u'll actually help ur own country which depend on bollywood movies.

More over if India shared the same attitute all the pakkstani actors/performers apperaing on Indian television would not have got the chance to show their talent.
helping my own country? depend on bollywood? don't drink post :P

and no one ever said anything about Pakistani theaters being awesome :s its not our specialty since it doesn't match with our religion. I know you will find a lot of movie enthusiasts in Pakistan, but there are many like me too.

As for our actors/performers appearing on indian tv... you're not doing us a favor :s the indian tvs want good ratings and those actors/performers want more fans. Its just between them

99% indian movies are racist towards Pakistan and Islam. 99.9% are pathetic stolen ideas. Period.

Last edited:
helping my own country? depend on bollywood? don't drink post :P

and no one ever said anything about Pakistani theaters being awesome :s its not our specialty since it doesn't match with our religion. I know you will find a lot of movie enthusiasts in Pakistan, but there are many like me too.

As for our actors/performers appearing on indian tv... you're not doing us a favor :s the indian tvs want good ratings and those actors/performers want more fans. Its just between them

99% indian movies are racist towards Pakistan and Islam. 99.9% are pathetic stolen ideas. Period.

I bet 99.9% of Pakistani who watch Indian movies don't agree with that!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom