What's new

I need a new Flat-screen T.V. Which brand should I buy? I was thinking Chinese brand Hisense

I think anything over 65 inch is an overkill
I have auditioned 85” TVs and found them to be good enough but not too big. In fact I wanted to put a projector with a screen size of 120”. But the room I want to install it, has a lot of ambient light and none of the projector’s picture quality could hold a candle to my OLED TV’s picture quality. Ultimately I would install a projector. Till then, a TV it is. As big as possible, without selling an organ.😀

But as they say, TV is like manhood, the bigger the better.....
Hahaha. True that is.

Last edited:
Go for it my friend. May Allah make it beneficial for you.

I think anything over 65 inch is an overkill, plus wife probably ask for a divorce if I buy anything over 65 inch.

But as they say, TV is like manhood, the bigger the better.....
You watch TV on TV?

Don't you have a home theater?

Didn't you say you lived in a villa?

I have auditioned 85” TVs and found them to be good enough but not bigger than that required. In fact I wanted to put a projector with a screen size of 120”. But the room I want to install it, has a lot of ambient light and none of the projector’s picture quality could hold a candle to my OLED TV’s picture quality. Ultimately I would install a projector. Till than a TV it is. As big as possible, without selling an organ.😀

Hahaha. True that is.

You probably need a very big room to do anything above 85 inch, otherwise it's actually quite disorientated I found out to be.

I will have to put a 120 inch projector screen on the backyard if I ever got one.

You watch TV on TV?

Don't you have a home theater?

Didn't you say you lived in a villa?
I don't watch TV, I stream Netflix when I have time like everybody else.

As I said, I want a bigger TV as much as the next man, but as any other good husband, you have to have your wife permission to do that. and she say no.

But seriously, I don't find TV that much important, I probably watch netflix around 4 hours a week anyway, I don't need any TV that's bigger than 65 inch.

Sony
If you want natural colors.

I have Full HD TV, not 4K.

I still believe Sony will be best among all.

For Normal Users, Orient and Haier are good, but if you want to watch movies then i always recommend Sony. I do not play games, i hope for any thing Sony will be best, just pick model according to your need.

Last edited:
Sony
If you want natural colors.
This is an oft quoted aspect. Too bright, too colourful, too contrasty etc etc.
However, a user can always calibrate and adjust picture quality to one’s own taste. Most of these TVs allow a wide gamut of changes.

OLED TVs allow best blacks since each pixel can be turned off/on. Micro LED TVs come second best since they can also create a similar if not same affect. Within this there are many iterations like nano cell etc and company specific jargon. Buyer has to be careful to not get swayed away by gimmicky features.
Picture quality is only half the battle for a good experience. Good sound plays an important role too. These TVs are so thin that there isn’t place to fit decent size drivers.
A capable Soundbar or even better, a home theatre system should be bought along, to exploit the full spectrum of experience. A Dolby vision capable TV would really make a mark alongside a Dolby capable sound system.

90" or 80"
I'm just gonna need a 42" one, to replace my PC monitor...

90" or 80"
I'm just gonna need a 42" one, to replace my PC monitor...
TV sets attach importance to refresh rate, but the response speed and color accuracy are not as good as those of monitors. I don't suggest you use a TV as a monitor.

There's not much difference. Japanese consumer TVs, like Nokia phones, are a thing of the past.
87% of the world's televisions are made in China.
Hisense TV is the best seller in China, especially the high-end ULED TV and laser TV, and Toshiba TV has long been a brand of Hisense.

Yeah *Cough Cough*
Hisense seems like a good brand

*Cough Cough*

I bought a 65" TCL recently, and so far Im pleased with it, can't speak on long term obviously.

I learned Sony and LG, Samsung are the best for quality and long term reliability, but they are most $$

Someone mentioned Panasonic, I could not be looking hard enough, but I dont think I seen a new Panasonic TVs for sale anymore in the states? Are they still available elsewhere?

Toshiba/Panasonic/Philips are Brands bought by chinese companies as these respective companies got out of TV making. these brands are now just rebranded Chinese TV sets.

Sony/LG/Samsung are the only brands to trust for quality and reliability.

Panasonic is still Japanese

This is Panasonic Japanese TV

This is Chinese tv rebranded as Panasonic for the lower income household market for export only .

Note the price difference . Panasonic just taking advantage of cheap materials and cost in China but strictly not for sale in Japan .

Sony has the best image quality for OLED TV. I can recommend the A95K
But Panasonic is the best overally, also, the hardest to buy for some reasons. Will come with a heatsink to eliminate burn-in and increase performance.

I'm still waiting for the Panasonic LZ2000 to be released.

This is disinformation.
All of the companies listed have most of their manufacturing done in China, or Vietnam or Malaysia/Indonesia.
But the OLED screens are usually made by either Samsung/LG, and the image processor is in-house (Sony), and of course other doodas.

The OLED screen is still far-away from Chinese brands (Hisense, TCL) for now, but I think they will catch up later on.

Lz2000 has been released for a while now here in UK

£2000 is the best price if your lucky
Fantastic Tv .

Changhong

J-10 and J-20 Fire Control Radar and Display Supplier.

Panasonic is still Japanese

This is Panasonic Japanese TV

This is Chinese tv rebranded as Panasonic for the lower income household market for export only .

Note the price difference . Panasonic just taking advantage of cheap materials and cost in China but strictly not for sale in Japan .

Lz2000 has been released for a while now here in UK

£2000 is the best price if your lucky
Fantastic Tv .
All Panasonic TV are made in China. China is just "differentiating" different markets. our advanced countries enjoy higher quality. Lagging countries enjoy basic needs. It's that simple.

Last edited:
TV sets attach importance to refresh rate, but the response speed and color accuracy are not as good as those of monitors. I don't suggest you use a TV as a monitor.
There are 120-144Hz TV sets now, the TV manufacturers know.
Now monitor manufacturers are making 42" monitor, and charging a crapton of money for it:

42" is the new 32", I'm telling you.

Back
Top Bottom