What's new

IAF to deploy Apache strike helicopters at Indo-China border

But you have to admit that India is not U.S, even you have the high tech toys doesn't mean you could operate this machine as how American did.

India does a lot of exercises with USA & as soon as possible we will start training with the apaches also we have options of us millitary advisers to teach us some moves
Also we have a good amount of experience with choppers of all categories

& this can also be applied to china

You guys have tech but you lack experincre

Ok I don't know much about millitary tech but I will try

China:
1 It has just entered in the field in making attack choppers I think wz-10 is the first attack chopper
2 china currently has no experience in operating choppers some exercises I guess but no real war experience

USA:
1 it has decades of experience on making attack choppers & other choppers to
2 it has decades of experience with operating choppers so they will also be modifying it side by side

Conclusion: USA Is better in this field
P.S I have immense respect for Chinese but you have to admit where you are lagging so to improve on that field

Apache is the best anti-tank attack choppers ,but wz-10 is a anti-Helicopter attack choppers better than Apache.

By the way,wz-10 is not the first attack chopper of china, Z-9W is the first type.

That's why our base will be huge numbers of Rudras/LCH and why there is no need for high numbers of foreign combat helicopters anymore, unless it would be a Comanche!

There is no doubt that the Apache is a highly capable helicopter, but the general view that it is far superior to others (espcially in fire power) is nonesense. The common weapon mix of Apache is 8 x Hellfire + 2 Rocket pods, the same mix that LCH will have too, with the only possible difference, that the LCH uses smaller rocket pods, which reduces the number of rockets. Even if fully equipped for the anti tank role, the Apache would carry 16 x Hellfire at max, from what we know so far, LCH can take 12, so only 2 less per wing.

From the avionics point of view LCH will offer latest EW sensors and capabilities as well, partially even better that what the Apache offers, what it currently lacks is the mast mounted radar of the longbow, but even that can be added later and on lighter versions, so that's not a real point either.

We can get LCHs in high numbers with each at least at 70% of the combat performance of an Apache today, so why should we pay so much to add more Apaches? We could simply by a mast mounted radar and a few avionic/weapon upgrades and could make LCH even better for less money.

Helicopters are the only indigenous sector of the aero field, where we are doing good, especially with Dhruv varients, so we should support this field with long term projects, instead of buying too many foreign helicopters of current generation instead.

There won't be more (at least for IAF), because they are just meant to be a replacement for 22 x Mi35s, the air Chief even stated at AI that the contract for the 22 Apaches would be signed soon.

The big difference comes with the wholly liftoff weight that apache can carry, which is 2 times that of LCH. So it does not make sense that Apache can carry only a little more weapon than LCH. Even US would not have developed Apache if you are correct.

Apache will not work against china,China has got enough power on its own,rather to keep on purchasing weapons like India.......who is still dependent on super powers.:P

Indian Apaches are only effective against small force such Maoist or UFLA, we will add it into our technology trophy collections if any encounter.

India does a lot of exercises with USA & as soon as possible we will start training with the apaches also we have options of us millitary advisers to teach us some moves
Also we have a good amount of experience with choppers of all categories

& this can also be applied to china

You guys have tech but you lack experincre

Dude, Americans are not stupid to train you to exploite the ultimate capability of the machine, neither to show the secret of forming a wolf pack attack, they just show you the basic functions of how to operate and you're on your own.

The big difference comes with the wholly liftoff weight that apache can carry, which is 2 times that of LCH. So it does not make sense that Apache can carry only a little more weapon than LCH. Even US would not have developed Apache if you are correct.

The MTOW has nothing to do with the weaponload, because the latter is limited to the number of hardpoints and the weightlimits of hardpoints. That's also why latest F16s can carry the same weapon load as a much bigger Super Hornet, although the MTOW of the latter is much higher too.

Apache is the best anti-tank attack choppers ,but wz-10 is a anti-Helicopter attack choppers better than Apache.

By the way,wz-10 is not the first attack chopper of china, Z-9W is the first type.

Ok apache proved it in Afghanistan where has wz-10 proved itself

& what makes you claim that it is the better than apache in anti chopper attack
Wz-10 may be good but it is not the breast

Indian Apaches are only effective against small force such Maoist or UFLA, we will add it into our technology trophy collections if any encounter.

Dude, Americans are not stupid to train you to exploite the ultimate capability of the machine, neither to show the secret of forming a wolf pack attack, they just show you the basic functions of how to operate and you're on your own.

I don't think it is that tough maybe take max a decade

Ok apache proved it in Afghanistan where has wz-10 proved itself

& what makes you claim that it is the better than apache in anti chopper attack
Wz-10 may be good but it is not the :meeting:breast:cheesy: :rofl:

I don't think it is that tough maybe take max a decade

I know that was not your mean!!! :rofl::rofl:

Are you sure after a decade, it would be like that? :rofl:

The MTOW has nothing to do with the weaponload, because the latter is limited to the number of hardpoints and the weightlimits of hardpoints. That's also why latest F16s can carry the same weapon load as a much bigger Super Hornet, although the MTOW of the latter is much higher too.

I swore that i heard the Apache has the option to carry 16 x Hellfire missles, it is classified as a "heavy attack helo" due to its immense engine power, is it not? I remember that most other helos such as the WZ-10 only have the option to carry 8 (equivalent) hellfires. I'm not sure about the frequency of carrying 16 hellfires and nil of everything else, but i'd imagine it be frequent as the main role of the Apache is to destroy armor.....

6x is useless.... coz

trillion of USD is in USA.. useless
most of GDP due to making cheap products.. useless in war
IAF and IN >>>> PLAAF and PLAN and IA>>>PLA
1 MKI would take down 10 J-10s.

We will strike down all the railways and airbases with Brahmos and Nirbhays and then IA would march into TIbet and make it free. and MKIs would ensure complete air superiority over Tibet.

The surrendering PLA soldiers would be treated well by India.

IN would completely block all Chinese trade in Indian Ocean. We would also give freedom to Tibet.
:rofl: I bet India will crash the Apaches within 1 year after getting them. Just like what India did to the Harriers.

Not surprising the Indian tribe called Apache were totally wiped out.

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZzBd41NuZw[/video]

Back
Top Bottom