What's new

ICC 2010 Twenty20 World Cup THREAD

spinners will play an importan part today, if afridi and ajmal just like last semis click this time, i-e the right time, it will be crucial. also maybe they make muhammad asif play today instead of sami, maybe as an opening pair with aamir, or razzak, because he is pretty good at the new ball. afridi says no hammad azam, so batting will be a gamble today with hafeez and misbah still on.

if our batting clicked today with the great aussie bowling attack, then we have more than 50% chance to make to the finals. thats what i think.

hope afridi opens today with kamran and razzak is called earlier than misbah, misbah should be called when we have no batsmen left, because he wastes too many alls and a strike rate 100 is hardly unexpected from him!!

hafeez as a spin maybe help but still hafeez is just merely a gamble for the team, too risky for both bowling and batting.

i want pakistan to win world cup. Will cheer for them. Lol then we can say that we mess around with the best. Our arch rivals are best in the world not some arrogant nation down south.

In Pakistan's group out of the 4 teams, 3 won only 1 match, lost 2 matches. Pakistan lost its share of the two matches with close margins, going into the last over in both NZ and England games. The other two lost with pretty big margins, Pakistan's NRR was higher. Pakistan goes in.

Thanks.

All the best to Pakistan. Destroy Aussies. :tup:

India-Pakistan will meet in Asia cup. :cheesy:

spinners will play an importan part today, if afridi and ajmal just like last semis click this time, i-e the right time, it will be crucial. also maybe they make muhammad asif play today instead of sami, maybe as an opening pair with aamir, or razzak, because he is pretty good at the new ball. afridi says no hammad azam, so batting will be a gamble today with hafeez and misbah still on.

if our batting clicked today with the great aussie bowling attack, then we have more than 50% chance to make to the finals. thats what i think.

hope afridi opens today with kamran and razzak is called earlier than misbah, misbah should be called when we have no batsmen left, because he wastes too many alls and a strike rate 100 is hardly unexpected from him!!

hafeez as a spin maybe help but still hafeez is just merely a gamble for the team, too risky for both bowling and batting.
This is a spinning track, no need for a fast bowler... Drop Sami and Asif both.

WILL aur record in st.lucia is much better than in barbados so HOPE FOR THE BEST.............:)WE WILL WIN INSHALLAH

Afridi called on India and Sri Lanka to come to Pakistan's support in these trying times, and reciprocate for Pakistan touring their countries when the situation there, as Afridi believed, was "not very good."

"We are here to play good cricket and win this competition because there's no cricket in Pakistan," Afridi said. "The situation in India was not very good around five to six years ago and Pakistan played there as well as in Sri Lanka. Pakistan was the only team to play there. This is how we should continue our cricketing relationship."

Go pakistan, win or lose..best of luck from PDF

This is a spinning track, no need for a fast bowler... Drop Sami and Asif both.

i know, did you see the semi final today, the english pacers out classed lankan batting??

and i know track is suitable for spinners.

My 11 Squad along batting order

Salman Butt
Kamran Akmal
Khalid Latif (Hard hitting required from him)
Umar Akmal / Hammad Azam(If Umar isnt fit)
Misbah-ul-Haq
Abdul Razzaq (He should come b4 Afridi, he can stay on pitch)
Shahid Afridi
Mohammad Hafeez
Abdur Rehman
Mohammad Aamer
Saeed Ajmal

Anyhow... Pakistan always does what never has expected.

I know at the end all criticism will remain just criticism... We win by luck, by prayers with very less part of hard work. Things can't be the same always thoug, therefore, Best of Luck to Green Shirts.

KIT Over

1100940061-1.gif

I agree with Garry :D

MY 11 are

1.Kamran akmal
2.Salman butt
3.Mohammad hafeez
4.umer Akmal \ Kahlid latif
5.HAMMAD AZAM (throw out trash (misbah) who cant play off side shot and cant play fast bowlers esily and he basically is a test player and havent EVER seen him aggressive against fast bowlers)
6.SHAHID afridi
7.ABDUR razzaq
8.Mohammad Aamir
9.ABdul rehman
10.saeed ajmal
11.Mohammad sami\misbah (cz noone lefts in batting :( )

A very Fast left hand bolwer,

Mohammad Irfan

Confusion remains over Mohammad Irfan's actual height - the PCB has variously measured him at 6'8", 6'10" and 7'1". If he is indeed 7'1", he could be the tallest cricketer around, surpassing his idol Joel Garner. Irfan is a product of rural Pakistan, hailing from the eastern Pakistan town of Gaggu Mandi, which produced another tall former Pakistan quick, Mohammad Zahid. The lack of opportunities in his home town forced him to quit playing cricket and seek full-time employment to support his family. He was working in a plastic pipe factory and playing club cricket before Aaqib Javed had summoned him to the National Cricket Academy in Lahore. Aaqib was enthused by what he saw and soon after, he was playing first-class cricket for Khan Research Laboratories. He took nine wickets in his second game and ended the season with an impressive 43 wickets in ten games. He came close to national selection when he was named as a replacement for one of the injured seamers for the 2010 World Twenty20, but his name was withdrawn.

Source

MohammadAsifMohammadIrfanNCA.jpg

Karachi, April 20 : Rookie fast bowler Mohammad Irfan has witnessed a surprising turn of events in his life after he was picked Sunday to play for Pakistan in the World Twenty20 championship but a day later dropped by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB).

PCB replaced the six-foot eight inches tall fast bowler with left-arm spinner Abdur Rehman for the tournament in the West Indies.

However, Irfan is philosophical about the whole episode and hopes that he will finally get an opportunity to play for Pakistan in the future.

Irfan said he was informed about the news by Pakistan coach Waqar Younis.

"Wicky Bhai came and informed me about the decision personally. He told me that I shouldn't lose heart and that I was still in his plans to play for Pakistan. Of course, I'm dejected at being dropped but I'm not defeated. Hopefully, God has something better in store for me in the future," Irfan was quoted as saying by Cricistan. com.

Irfan was reminded that T20 cricket was not the best place for him to make his debut, and that too in a game where any bowler can take a beating.

"I can see the logic in that and maybe this wasn't the right time for me. I have to focus on the future. My next assignment is to play the Pentangular tournament for the Baluchistan Bears and I will make sure that I raise my game even higher," he said. (IANS)

Back
Top Bottom