What's new

Imran Khan cancels India trip over Rushdie

Would have liked to hear them both.

Nevertheless, IK is a regular visitor to India. Some other day...

About Rushdie, well, one thing is for sure. He would not have become so well known had it not been some madmen calling for his death.

Rushdie was publicized by the very people who hated hi

Which is worse? It's not something we pander over. Fictitious accounts of the Prophet is quite unwelcome. I have no intention of reading the book

dear Sir

in my opinion Rushidie's book was not written to simply document the Islamic history in relation to the Prophet.
but it was purely done with malicious intent. the way he was quickly put under guard and accorded the VVIP protection and all the perks at the expense of the UK tax payer only meant that the Muslim reaction was predicted and things were put in place nonetheless to go ahead.

writing a scholarly account of the historical events and biographies is one thing but intentionally mutating history with mischievous phrases to cause offence is totally different thing.

One's freedom of expression stops when he is introducing in the personal space of the other person. if that guy is really Legit then I expect him to write candidly how the Zionists have cashed on the blood of the innocent Jews and have been bullying and blackmailing America and Europe since the WW2 atrocity. we all know he wont.

that pretty much exposes the truth about his so called scholarly stature. his claim to fame and his knighthood is this sham book only, rest of his books and his lectures are pretty much mundane.

the guy is known to have been charging rent to his Scotland yard officers who used to occupy a single room of his fortress granted by the UK government that was maintained and paid for by the UK tax payer. this is the account of the ex-Scotland Yard officers. just tells you how petty this so called Sir Rushdie is despite all the money he has made from this controversy and the fact that he is living on all expenses paid by the Kingdom.

coming back to the story

I 100% support Imran Khan's decision of cancelling his trip.

Enter the world of Pakistani politics... he can't afford to piss off the Mullah's when already some of the Ultra-liberals are blaming IK of being a Mullah.

to hell with Mullah and Ultra Liberals.

faith and religion is a personal thing and no one needs the approval or appeasement of the above two to decide what is right.

if Imran has lost some votes of the Ultra Liberals who define their liberalism by criticisming Islam and Pakistan army then so be it.

I understand. I was just giving the factual detail.

factual details?

what is your yardstick?
since it offends Muslims and has caused an outrage then it must be right?

Most Pakistanis would boycott, whether politician or not.

I understand IK boycotting it. He is a politician, and it's a purely political move which may or may not have anything to do with his personal opinion on the man.

But speaking for myself, if I was given the same opportunity and Rushdie sahib was gonna be there, I'd just go ahead with it. Why? Why not? Does Rushdie's work affect my faith, and my love for my religion? Nope. Do I care about what he wrote in his Satanic Verses? Nope. Rushdie isn't even a muslim (may be ex-muslim but he isn't a muslim and hasnt been for a long time, and wasnt at the time of writing the book), so why should I care about his views on Islam? Mera aur meray khuda ka apna relationship hai, I don't need to prove to people how "Islamic" I am by boycotting something because some retard lunatic is there too.

But yeah, purely political move from IK's part. I don't blame him.

he is just a hypocrite, he wouldnt have cancelled UK trip due to rushdie would he?? shows off

obviously it's justified.

Salman Rushdie has hurt the sentiments of over a billion people. I dont condone violence or fatwas against him, this was a peaceful way to protest and show disapproval. Even Muslims living in bharat have taken particular exception to this.

of course there's the political aspect --but IK comes across as fairly genuine (the most genuine) and I would imagine that he would be averse to sharing the podium with a man who has blatant disregard for the sentiments of Muslims worldwide -- many of whom he offended and angered considerably.

as it is Imran Khan's will to determine his schedule and itinerary -- any snide remarks from others from those who took this as an affront can keep babbling away.

he's been to bharat before and was received well --i believe he has some fans and supporters there as well

has nothing to do with india...it has to do with peacefully protesting against a man who has an agenda and simply wants cheap attention --at the expense of the sentiments of Muslims who took particular offence to his ''work''

Would have liked to hear them both.

Nevertheless, IK is a regular visitor to India. Some other day...

About Rushdie, well, one thing is for sure. He would not have become so well known had it not been some madmen calling for his death.

Rushdie was publicized by the very people who hated hi

there is truth to this as well and i do agree with you here

but just remember that it was certain countries that gave him the podium, even while knowing that his works are offensive to many....

it is true that (as was the case with that Wiilders guy) -- any fatwas or violence or calls for violence against them by fanatical Muslims would be most counter-productive

as Mr. Baloch said --- ultra liberals and the Mullah brigades are opposite sides of the same coin. Hell with both of them.

obviously it's justified.

Salman Rushdie has hurt the sentiments of over a billion people. I dont condone violence or fatwas against him, this was a peaceful way to protest and show disapproval. Even Muslims living in bharat have taken particular exception to this.

of course there's the political aspect --but IK comes across as fairly genuine (the most genuine) and I would imagine that he would be averse to sharing the podium with a man who has blatant disregard for the sentiments of Muslims worldwide -- many of whom he offended and angered considerably.

as it is Imran Khan's will to determine his schedule and itinerary -- any snide remarks from others from those who took this as an affront can keep babbling away.

why he visited UK when rushdie was there?? yo yo yo??

why he visited UK when rushdie was there?? yo yo yo??

He does not live there. He hides there like a turtle in a shell

And I am sure he would not have attended any event in the UK where Rushdie would have been invited

was Rushdie at the same event?

what a logic

and how strange that some butt-hurt indians are lambasting IK and/or yapping about ''freedom of speach and expression''

isnt satanic verses banned in hindustan too? :laugh:

now you know how much do we care for the muslims in our country .

Back
Top Bottom