What's new

India has three of world's five best airports: report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once After completion of the New Mumbai Airport it will be called the mother of all Indian Airports, it's massive...

To be fair I think that IGI in Delhi will fit this title more accurately. Just look at the IGI Airport's vision for 2020- 6 termainals, all world class, expansion of exisiting airport, dedicated airport metro, touching 100+ million passengers a year etc

@Koovie All the best guys.

We need many small airports and air strips in Tourist attraction cities to boost Tourism.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hyderabad Airport Rocks and it is environment friendly too :dance3::dance3::dance3:

It got lot of awards also.

Hyderabad%20International%20Airport3.jpg

pg696a.jpg

11.jpg

@Koovie All the best guys.

We need many small airports and air strips in Tourist attraction cities to boost Tourism.
Kerala is definitely a wonderful place with its natural beauty and is already well visited by national and foreign tourists but still far away from its potential. A better connection to the outside world with a new airport is definitely gonna help.

PS: COK Airport will be everything but small, it will be able to accommodate even the A 380.
It`s already a quite big airport which can handle B 747 Jumbo Jets and uses air bridges. :)

India's rural poor has 230 million undernourished people. This figures are the highest for any country in the world.

Malnutrition accounts for nearly 50% of child deaths in India as every third adult (aged 15-49 years) is reported to be thin (BMI less than 18.5).

Food-articleLarge.jpg

......42 % of all Indian children under the age of 5 are underweight.

.....41% of Indian children do not reach 5th grade in India.

.....60 % of India's population and 70 % of women don’t have access to pipeline water and sanitation.

Meanwhile congress spends 35 Billion $ on building 3 Airports that will be used by 0.01 % of the elite in India.......I guess that is something to cheer for. Clearly we have our priorities mapped out. ........time to celebrate.

India's rural poor has 230 million undernourished people. This figures are the highest for any country in the world.

Malnutrition accounts for nearly 50% of child deaths in India as every third adult (aged 15-49 years) is reported to be thin (BMI less than 18.5).

Food-articleLarge.jpg

.....60 % of India's population and 70 % of women don’t have access to pipeline water and sanitation.

Meanwhile congress spends 35 Billion $ on building 3 Airports that will be used by 0.01 % of the elite in India.......I guess that is something to cheer for. Clearly we have our priorities mapped out. ........time to celebrate.

Jesus, with this mindset India would never go anywhere. How do you think the GoI is able to fund the massive poverty-allivation projects and implement basic services? It is by creating such infrastructure that attracts FDI aswell as increasing domestic growth.

If you had it your way India would be a dirt poor nation who funded everything through IMF and World-bank loans. A nation has to devlop, it has to grow. Do you really think the Indian govt or Indian people are just going to sit back and let the poor remain in their sorry state? India spends more than most nations on poverty-releif schemes but in order to give charity you need the cash yourself- basic economics.

Food-articleLarge.jpg

Godzilla-Facepalm-godzilla-30354011-640-387.jpg

Keep your political nonsense and Congress bashing out of this thread.
The GOI is gonna invest over 100 billion USD in to infrastructure projects like these in the coming years which will be important to the economy. But since your brain only knows Congress=bad I wont even try to argue/discuss with narrow minded keyboard trolls like you.
You dont even understand the economic impact of this.
And let me guess, if Modi had built this you would be the first one to cheerlead here.... :rolleyes:

Godzilla-Facepalm-godzilla-30354011-640-387.jpg

The GOI is gonna invest over 100 billion USD in to infrastructure projects like these in the coming years which will be important to the economy. But since your brain only knows Congress=bad I wont even try to argue/discuss with narrow minded keyboard trolls like you.
And let me guess, if Modi had built this you would be the first one to cheerlead here.... :rolleyes:

Please, this guy is not a friend of the poor but a friend of poverty. If Modi had been in power he'd have done no different- he's a businessman, look at Gujarat- are they accelerating to the 21st century through state of the art development or is it idling trying to feed the poor and nothign else?

Jesus, with this mindset India would never go anywhere. How do you think the GoI is able to fund the massive poverty-allivation projects and implement basic services? It is by creating such infrastructure that attracts FDI aswell as increasing domestic growth.

If you had it your way India would be a dirt poor nation who funded everything through IMF and World-bank loans. A nation has to devlop, it has to grow. Do you really think the Indian govt or Indian people are just going to sit back and let the poor remain in their sorry state? India spends more than most nations on poverty-releif schemes but in order to give charity you need the cash yourself- basic economics.

Forget it, you cannot help people like him. They wont understand it with their narrowminded brains.... everything that is done by the party which they dont support (Congress) is simply evil/bad/wrong/BS....

:lol: .... you are right ....building Infrastructures like Airports are more important than building Infrastructures like schools, hospitals and an efficient public distribution system.

If you had it your way India would be a dirt poor nation who funded everything through IMF and World-bank loans. A nation has to devlop, it has to grow. Do you really think the Indian govt or Indian people are just going to sit back and let the poor remain in their sorry state?

Yes India plans to grow by spending money to build swanky Airports rather than school ....:lol: ......Is that how you spend you income ? you buy a Ferrari and let your parents and children starve ? Just curious you know .....

India spends more than most nations on poverty-releif schemes but in order to give charity you need the cash yourself- basic economics.

LOL ....yes you need to give charity and turn India and Indians into one huge beggar state which will vote for congress in exchange for "charity". I really have to take economic classes from you .....:enjoy:

:lol:........why should I stop posting facts just because you cannot handle the truth ?

Most Impoverish nations who want their people to have a higher standard of Living focus on Infrastructure like pipeline water, sewage, schools, healthcare, cooking gas, electricity, food supply and control on inflation.

Building swanky airports for the 0.01% at the expense of the starving majority only happens in Dictatorships :P ....but what do I know ...I am a narrow minded troll who does not understand economics ...:cheesy:

Food-articleLarge.jpg

Don't be naive, no one is having magic wand to wipe the poverty over night, when there is a setup for development then sure the other things will fall in line, and infrastructure is one of the main ingredients for any kind of development, we need to be happy that congress is at-least spending this money on development purpose because they are planning to use public money for buying votes in the form of freebies, but there is a proverb - “Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime"...

When opportunity are available to people they will look-after them very well and investing in infrastructure will create such opportunity, on the other hand abuse congress for looting the public wealth in the form of 2G, CWG and other scams....

My self from a poor farming family of six siblings but with good education - now we all are doing good today, so things are not bad in India today compared to 20 years back, today there is a setup in place to pull us out of poverty when we work hard, so instead of soo negative be positive and think constructive...

watch the below video you will understand how few educated bunch of guys have created one of the largest IT companies of world not receiving any money from Indian government, this is the modern India not the one we had 20 years back India...

well...in last 5 yrs i ve visited Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Bangkok (Suvarnabhumi) and London (Heathrow) international airports...and I must agree that revamped Delhi and Mumbai airports are quite good ...but ye Dil Maange More :cheers:

Don't be naive, no one is having magic wand to wipe the poverty over night, when there is a setup for development then sure the other things will fall in line, and infrastructure is one of the main ingredients for any kind of development, we need to be happy that congress is at-least spending this money on development purpose because they are planning to use public money for buying votes in the form of freebies, but there is a proverb - “Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime"...

You say 60 years is 'Overnight' ........yet I am the one who is 'naive' :azn:

Swanky airports are not 'infrastructure' that can "teach a man to fish". :cheesy: Maybe there is some secret to fishing I haven't discovered yet ...

You can choose to be happy that congress has not killed your parents or employed sterilization (aka sanjay gandhi) .......you are free to set the bar as low as possible......I however would like to set the bar a bit higher...you know ....like 95% literacy, 100% food security..etc.

When opportunity are available to people they will look-after them very well and investing in infrastructure will create such opportunity, on the other hand abuse congress for looting the public wealth in the form of 2G, CWG and other scams....

I fail to see how building swanky airports provide 'opportunity' to the 42% uneducated people of India...in fact airports do not even employ 'coolies' :devil: .......only way I can think of is the poor get an opportunity to sell their kidneys to those who fly in.

Of course given that 1/3 of India suffer from malnutrition even as adults, with a BMI of less than 18.5, they cannot even work as coolies :hitwall:

My self from a poor farming family of six siblings but with good education - now we all are doing good today, so things are not bad in India today compared to 20 years back, today there is a setup in place to pull us out of poverty when we work hard, so instead of soo negative be positive and think constructive...

watch the below video you will understand how few educated bunch of guys have created one of the largest IT companies of world not receiving any money from Indian government, this is the modern India not the one we had 20 years back India...

Thank you for sharing your life story with me......but I still do not see how setting our priorities right is 'negative thinking' and how building swanky airports for the 0.01% is 'constructive' thinking.......You must show me more videos to educate me some more.

Again I am not sure how showing biographies of Narayan Murthies and Ambani or even TATA, I am suppose to be convinced building swanky airports for the 0.01% is good for the 70% Indian women who do not have access to sanitation or pipeline water.

Wow cant believe Hyderabad Airport is rocking after International airport is moved from Begumpet to Shamshabad .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom