What's new

India has three of world's five best airports: report

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Koovie Yup. It has become a rel attraction and also the Medical tourism has become a great contributor.

Last edited by a moderator:
At Shivaji international airport it was one of my worst ever experience. I had a flight to germany but during those days Pakistan had blocked its airspace for Indian so flights were via mumbai. and Believe me there was no ac at all in the summers and too much mosquitoes too. May be due to construction of new terminals it was like that. But was very hectic.

You say 60 years is 'Overnight' ........yet I am the one who is 'naive' :azn:

Swanky airports are not 'infrastructure' that can "teach a man to fish". :cheesy: Maybe there is some secret to fishing I haven't discovered yet ...

You can choose to be happy that congress has not killed your parents or employed sterilization (aka sanjay gandhi) .......you are free to set the bar as low as possible......I however would like to set the bar a bit higher...you know ....like 95% literacy, 100% food security..etc.

I fail to see how building swanky airports provide 'opportunity' to the 42% uneducated people of India...in fact airports do not even employ 'coolies' :devil: .......only way I can think of is the poor get an opportunity to sell their kidneys to those who fly in.

Of course given that 1/3 of India suffer from malnutrition even as adults, with a BMI of less than 18.5, they cannot even work as coolies :hitwall:

Thank you for sharing your life story with me......but I still do not see how setting our priorities right is 'negative thinking' and how building swanky airports for the 0.01% is 'constructive' thinking.......You must show me more videos to educate me some more.

Again I am not sure how showing biographies of Narayan Murthies and Ambani or even TATA, I am suppose to be convinced building swanky airports for the 0.01% is good for the 70% Indian women who do not have access to sanitation or pipeline water.

India being a trillion dollar economy - by investing fraction of amount on few infrastructure projects is not going to affect in any way, by the way if we think of starting the development projects only after removing the entire poverty from a country - then that day are never going to come, because I traveled recently to US and I could see beggars just out side their airport sitting with a guitar and begging...

After world war Russia was crippling with poverty and sever food shortage, and when the finance minister asked for the permission to import food from outside for their mass with their limited amount of resource in hand - that time their president said if people are dying of poverty then "Let them die in peace" but i want this money to be used to connect Russia with EAST to WEST borders and in that process the Trans-Siberian Railway was given life and this transformed the Russian economy...

So now when we have companies such as TCS which have generated millions of direct and indirect jobs - to make them sustain long run we need better airports, roads and other infrastructure setup in place for further development and more employment generation...

TCS Campus @ Siruseri, Chennai, This area near Chennai was just a barn land few years back, but today in few years the entire area have been transformed to a major development center because of this TCS campus and this have created so many new jobs for the local population...

Once After completion of the New Mumbai Airport it will be called the mother of all Indian Airports, it's massive...

Rendering

hotelorbit2.jpg

nvcam02.jpg

Under Construction

2yxojd3.jpg

33z4bk8.jpg

Control Tower

Rendering

atcdistance.jpg

Under Construction

18nonl.jpg

2uysxgj.jpg

See the size in long view, the construction workers looks small

dscn6431u.jpg

Same above image in closer view, we can realize how big the columns and supporting pillars are...

dscn6432p.jpg

No offence but IGI T-3 alongwith the new terminal coming up will among asia's largest.. Mumbai simply doesn't have that much space.. Even Aviation Minister Praful Patel had acknowledged this !

Paid media, mumbai airport is probably asia's worst

hey Pakistani Nationalist :wave: thought u were banned :lol:

some butt hurt troll has been set loose :lol:

Once After completion of the New Mumbai Airport it will be called the mother of all Indian Airports, it's massive...

@ChennaiSKing

IGI Delhi Airport Master plan for 2025:

42822421.jpg

DSC00642.jpg

Phase 1A (2008) - COMPLETED
-Modernization of existing terminals - 1A,1B,1C and T2
-New Departure terminal for low cost airlines - T1D
-Third Runway

Phase 1B (2010) - COMPLETED
-New Integrated Terminal - T3
-Metro connectivity through Airport Express Line

Phase 2 (2012)- COMPLETED
-Additional remote stands near T3
-New central transportation corridor
-T1B to be razed - New terminal for general aviation and parking lot to come in place.

Phase 3 (2016)
-New international terminal - T4
-Expansion of T3 including piers
-Fourth Runway (11L/29R)
-New ATC tower

Phase 4 (2021)
-New Terminal -T5
-New pier for T5 and contact stands

Phase 5 (2025)
-New terminal for LCCs - T6
-Expansion of T3 and T4 piers and concourses
-Remote stands for T6
-New strengthened runway 09/27
-cargo facilities relocated North

The IGI airport will then be able to handle 100 million passengers/annum.

People say T3 at IGI is good- imagine 3 more just as modern (actually more state-of-the-art) and just as large (consider the T3 is only operating at ~60% capacity right now as future expansion was built-in to the design)as well as all the other facilities- Mumbai who??! lol!

Seriously though the IGI is lucky enough to have a shed-load of space in which to expand on, the Mumbai airport is seriously limited so they have to get very creative with the designs and the construction. Not to mention the IGI airport is the airport for the capital of India.

I hope that Mumbai gets a second (Navi Mubai airport is on the books) and third airport down the line- it needs them!

Paid media, mumbai airport is probably asia's worst

Here is the original source, from ACI website.

5 – 15 million passengers

1. Nagoya

2. Hyderabad

3. Tianjin

4. Wuhan

5. Sanya

25 – 40 million passengers

1. Seoul Incheon

2. New Delhi

3. Mumbai

4. Tokyo Narita

5. Shanghai Hongqiao

Asia-Pacific

1. Seoul Incheon

2. Singapore

3. Beijing

4. New Delhi

5. Hong Kong

http://www.airport-world.com/home/g...rport-service-quality-awards-the-full-results

India being a trillion dollar economy - by investing fraction of amount on few infrastructure projects is not going to affect in any way, by the way if we think of starting the development projects only after removing the entire poverty from a country - then that day are never going to come, because I traveled recently to US and I could see beggars just out side their airport sitting with a guitar and begging...

:lol: The size of the economy is trillion ....its not the money we have to spend........entire India's planed Expenditure was only 78 Billion $. Of that social sector got 27% and Rural development got 6%. i.e. a Total of 25 Billion $ for Building new and Maintaining old schools, hospitals, pipeline water, sanitation, Hospitals, food supply etc ....for 1.2 Billion people. Meanwhile 35 Billion Dollars was spent to build 3 Airports for 10 Lakh people.

.........again please explain to me how building swanky airports is 'development project' .......and building schools, hospitals, water supply and food supply is non development project.

That whole eg. of finding a beggar in US was entertaining ...but I missed to see its relevance.

After world war Russia was crippling with poverty and sever food shortage, and when the finance minister asked for the permission to import food from outside for their mass with their limited amount of resource in hand - that time their president said if people are dying of poverty then "Let them die in peace" but i want this money to be used to connect Russia with EAST to WEST borders and in that process the Trans-Siberian Railway was given life and this transformed the Russian economy...

:lol: Trans-Siberian Railway was built in 1890, much before world war. In fact it was build primarily to defend the huge land mass of Russia in wars ...and it was a war asset. That Railway was useful for migration of workers in Russia where the density of population is Very Very low. Fairy tales do not make for good examples in economics ;)

So now when we have companies such as TCS which have generated millions of direct and indirect jobs - to make them sustain long run we need better airports, roads and other infrastructure setup in place for further development and more employment generation...

...again I fail to see how building swanky airports for 35 Billion $ that helps TCS make 100 million $ is good ROI :lol: .....i.e. of course assuming swanky airports have a role in making TCS get more software orders :undecided: (I dont see the relationship) and that lack of swanky airport would have made TCS loose their contract.

:lol: The size of the economy is trillion ....its not the money we have to spend........entire India's planed Expenditure was only 78 Billion $. Of that social sector got 27% and Rural development got 6%. i.e. a Total of 25 Billion $ for Building new and Maintaining old schools, hospitals, pipeline water, sanitation, Hospitals, food supply etc ....for 1.2 Billion people. Meanwhile 35 Billion Dollars was spent to build 3 Airports for 10 Lakh people.

.........again please explain to me how building swanky airports is 'development project' .......and building schools, hospitals, water supply and food supply is non development project.

That whole eg. of finding a beggar in US was entertaining ...but I missed to see its relevance.

:lol: Trans-Siberian Railway was built in 1890, much before world war. In fact it was build primarily to defend the huge land mass of Russia in wars ...and it was a war asset. That Railway was useful for migration of workers in Russia where the density of population is Very Very low. Fairy tales do not make for good examples in economics ;)

...again I fail to see how building swanky airports for 35 Billion $ that helps TCS make 100 million $ is good ROI :lol: .....i.e. of course assuming swanky airports have a role in making TCS get more software orders :undecided: (I dont see the relationship) and that lack of swanky airport would have made TCS loose their contract.

Majority of this 35 billion is not government's money.

By the way, without building infrastructure, one can't expect growth, job oppotunities, revenue. Money don't grow on tree.

It's my mistake, instead of using the civil war I quoted as world war for Trans-Siberian Railway, I read it long back about the history of Russia, in 1890 it was Railway and in 2013 it's Airports and other infrastructural projects for development of a country...

We can't wait and stop doing any development projects till every one is elevated from poverty...

Today TCS have created more than a million direct and indirect jobs, and for their next level of development & growth they need a better infrastructural plan and setup in place, and Airport is one among them...

By the way TCS doesn't make business in million last year it's Revenue was US$ 10.17 billion (2012)...Tata Consultancy Services - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Majority of this 35 billion is not government's money.

By the way, without building infrastructure, one can't expect growth, job oppotunities, revenue. Money don't grow on tree.

Money don't grow on tree, says Manmohan Singh :lol:

Building swanky airports for the elite 0.01% is not called building infrastructural............its called wasteful expenditure in a country like India.

Building schools, hospitals, water supply, sewage system, gas pipes, generating electricity, food supply security, improving rail connectivity and comfort, roads and healthcare is called building infrastructure.

It's my mistake, instead of using the civil war I quoted as world war for Trans-Siberian Railway, I read it long back about the history of Russia, in 1890 it was Railway and in 2013 it's Airports and other infrastructural projects for development of a country...

We can't wait and stop doing any development projects till every one is elevated from poverty...

Today TCS have created more than a million direct and indirect jobs, and for their next level of development & growth they need a better infrastructural plan and setup in place, and Airport is one among them...

By the way TCS doesn't make business in million last year it's Revenue was US$ 10.17 billion (2012)...Tata Consultancy Services - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Looks like you work in TCS :lol: ....

By your estimate how many people get employment by building a New Swanky airport ?
How many people got employment by using the old airport ? What was the increase in employment after making the same airport swanky ?

For that additional 35 billion $ spent, what kinds of jobs were created ? how many jobs were created ? Do you know how many crores 35 billion $ is ?

Please answer these questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom