What's new

India launches Aakash tablet computer priced at $35!

what are you kidding me, i was in a catholic school too:). also a catholic household . very orthodox . but who can stop genius.:devil:

Look what the topic has come to eventually lulz..this is Indian ingenuity ;)

I feel most people in India start exploring the wild side of the internets in the 5th-7th grade.. at least that's what I hope. As long as it helps students relax and they are able to keep it to themselves, think of it as Govt's gift to the rural side.

I have to say the Indian government is being overcharged on this.

On Taobao, for $35 you can easily get an Android 2.3 device with 7 inch multi-touch screen, 800mhz processor, 512mb ram and 2g flash, like this one
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=13594156594
$35 is the retail price, wholesale price is well below $30.

So if the Indian government is paying $50 a piece for an older generation tablet, it's actually paying twice the reasonable price.

On Taobao, for $35 you can easily get an Android 2.3 device with 7 inch multi-touch screen, 800mhz processor, 512mb ram and 2g flash, like this one

So if the Indian government is paying $50 a piece for an older generation tablet, it's actually paying twice the reasonable price.

The site shows the condition of the Tablet as "used" rather than "new/fresh"

Translation
Looking for any baby?

Baby Type: Used

The model sounds and looks good!!! Perhaps future editions of Aakash can incorporate the same.

Èý»Ê¹Ú 7´çƽ°åµçÄÔMID °²×¿android2.3 ÍþÊ¢VIA8650 ÔÚÏßFLASH-ÌÔ±¦Íø

are those refurbs?

The price shows

Price: 315.00 - 483.00 yuan (?). In Dollar that would be around 50$ to 76$. Average comes out to $63

I'm not sure if the page formatting carries through online translation, but if you go to the original Chinese page, you'll see the 315-483 price has a line slashing through it, means that's the old price. and the real price in red says 287, which is $45.

I'm not sure if the page formatting carries through online translation, but if you go to the original Chinese page, you'll see the 315-483 price has a line slashing through it, means that's the old price. and the real price in red say 287, which is $45.

For some reason 287 is not appearing in the translation text. Is it an image ? I'm having trouble seeing images

For some reason 287 is not appearing in the translation text. Is it an image ? I'm having trouble seeing images

I've tried Google and Babelfish, they both got the formatting wrong. If you go to the original page in Chinese, you'll see something like

287 is the current price.

It will create some jobs for Indians. I doubt any Chinese company would come open their factory in India.

It will create some jobs for Indians. I doubt any Chinese company would come open their factory in India.
Since Most of the Electronic Goods are manufactured outsourced from China, I've a doubt whether the Indian Factory is Just a "Assembler" of the Chinese parts for this Tablet . :) Who knows, this Canadian Company is Just another Indian Businessman making millions from Chinese Maal.

Since Most of the Electronic Goods are manufactured outsourced from China, I've a doubt whether the Indian Factory is Just a "Assembler" of the Chinese parts for this Tablet . :)

Assembly or manufacture doesn't matter, still creating jobs.

I've tried Google and Babelfish, they both got the formatting wrong. If you go to the original page in Chinese, you'll see something like

287 is the current price.

Do they provide 1 year replacement warranty ? What about software support, additional content, language support ? What about shipping ? What about durability/reliability ? How much will it contribute to India's economy ? Go showcase your crap somewhere else. Besides, the price will drop with higher economies of scale and they will provide cost effective internet as well.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom