What's new

India launches Aakash tablet computer priced at $35!

it"ll be counter productive.

Worse, it can be disastrous if they view **** on it

It can be solved by factory installed filtering software.

Yes, some may misuse it but you cannot jeopardize the future of millions for the sake of few thousands. Its like banning mobile phones just because some people decided that its a good decision to record their private lives on mobile phones.

For a 6th grader to watch **** is disastrous , from 8th grade onwards it OK!

Mera toh 9th sey suru hua :D

i was one of the early birds . discovered **** in the form of debonair (only thing available in those days ) in the 5 std :lol:

i was one of the early birds . discovered **** in the form of debonair (only thing available in those days ) in the 5 std :lol:

Guess I was a 'late bloomer'. I only discovered the 'wonders of human reproduction process' in 11th Std.

Internet should also be made ultracheap and should be available to every indian teenager.....
or else free in rural area.
That will take Indian IT sector more forward!!

Mate bring me a couple over with the barfeee

honey i wont be able to buy them till next month , i arrive end of this month :cheesy:

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Guess I was a 'late bloomer'. I only discovered the 'wonders of human reproduction process' in 11th Std.

now i feel bad . how? i mean kids today find out about it by 9-10 yrs . how did you find out so late?:cheesy:

Internet should also be made ultracheap and should be available to every indian teenager.....
or else free in rural area.
That will take Indian IT sector more forward!!

I'm surprised -- don't you have free dial up internet at least?

I think the next step is to add a little keyboard. Touch screens are cool an' all but when it comes to usability a keyboard clearly triumphs.

Rubata-iPad-Keyboard-Case.jpg

Something like this can't add too much to the cost.

as per my experience computers in home is mostly used for gaming, net surfing and song by the childrens and this device is perfct for him this the fate of this tab (i think so)

Are in the favour of internet blackout?Thats sounds like a taliban-like idea to me.It depends upon the child who is using it and more upon the parents of the child to see to how the device is being used.FB,Orkut etc will definitely be accessed,but since when it was wrong to access social networking websites?The device provides a medium to access the plethora of information the web provides.It is like TV or mobile or any such device for that matter.It will help the students from backward regions to keep pace with the changing times.
at least mobile phone are banned in schools and now the government is providing the computer with a lot of features good?
I think there will be similar rules for these devices to be not used in school hours.
yar facebook par kaun si padhai hoti hai hame nahi lagata aaj kal ke launde is aakash par padhai karenge.

No,you don't study using facebook.I guess that is not the point.

I'm surprised -- don't you have free dial up internet at least?
ah don't worry about me, i got a wireless broadband connection...
i was talking about rural people...for rural people internet should be provided for very less price...

eventually it will also happen

BTW do rural pakistani people have free dial up internet connection??

BTW do rural pakistani people have free dial up internet connection??
As long as they have PTCL telephone line they can use ptcl dialup which is free all over Pakistan.There are some other free dialups too however limited to few cities only where as PTCL Dialup is free as long as you have telephone line.

now i feel bad . how? i mean kids today find out about it by 9-10 yrs . how did you find out so late?:cheesy:

Limited access to information due to the nature of the educational institution(Strict Catholic School) ,damn expensive internet and no computer at home. The internet rates only came down to affordable rates when I was in 11th.

Limited access to information due to the nature of the educational institution(Strict Catholic School) ,damn expensive internet and no computer at home. The internet rates only came down to affordable rates when I was in 11th.

what are you kidding me, i was in a catholic school too:). also a catholic household . very orthodox . but who can stop genius.:devil:

Back
Top Bottom