What's new

India may surpass Germany to become fourth-largest economy in 2026: UK's CEBR

Who is raving about China? Only India

the bijng trolls constantly posting here about China Number one in this and that

...Seriously?..Shows how much you know about economics.
if population is the benchmark then Pakistan would be world's 6th largest economy, Nigeria 7th largest etc.

are you really that dumb?
Take current GPD per captiva of Germany and multiple it with 1,3 billion (roughly the number of citizen of China and India) and not with 82million (the current population of Germany) .... Germany would have a GDP 5 times larger than that of China and 30times larger than that of India...thats how much more productive Germany´s economy is compared to China and India

ok does not help if someone is braindead like u...

just wondering why kids rave about chinas and indias eco powa... 1.3 billion people make it easy to be big and nothing to be proud of...

if Germany would have 1.3billion citizen and not 82million with the same productivity it would surpass China by factor 5 and india by whopping factor 30

While I completely agree with you. However Germany rode on industrialization as it already had the industrial base and technical knowhow for supply and demand for 21st century.

India OTOH was a third world country which saw its economy opening up in 90s, Chinas was in the 70s. India still is a 70% agrarian country and its GDP is internal consumption driven.

Having said that, its no excuse to remain like that in coming times.

While I completely agree with you. However Germany rode on industrialization as it already had the industrial base and technical knowhow for supply and demand for 21st century.

India OTOH was a third world country which saw its economy opening up in 90s, Chinas was in the 70s. India still is a 70% agrarian country and its GDP is internal consumption driven.

you know what Germany was totaly destroyed in 1945 and on its knees and the Economy worked its way back out of ruins ... in 1990 it swallowed a completely rotten communist economy... in 2002 its strong DM currency was replaced by the €...it went throught the 2008 Economic crisis unharmed. Not that there was everything shiny all the time in Germany.

you know what Germany was totaly destroyed in 1945 and on its knees and the Economy worked its way back out of ruins ... in 1990 it swallowed a completely rotten communist economy... in 2002 its strong DM currency was replaced by the €...it went throught the 2008 Economic crisis unharmed. Not that there was everything shiny all the time in Germany.

Not denying. Thats why I said, you had the foundation to become industrialised again, where India didnt have. And we still dont have. India was almost a billion when it got independence. That coming from a colonial rule which destroyed our (whatever exports) for 250 years was a challenge. and it remains one too.

FB_IMG_1577725878848.jpg

Not denying. Thats why I said, you had the foundation to become industrialised again, where India didnt have. And we still dont have. India was almost a billion when it got independence. That coming from a colonial rule which destroyed our (whatever exports) for 250 years was a challenge. and it remains one too.

India has had 72 years of independence.

It has massive hydroelectric and agricultural resources.

Why is it still so poor after 72 years of independence?

It's growth is projected to be less than 6% this year.

What is India's excuse?

India has had 72 years of independence.

It has massive hydroelectric and agricultural resources.

Why is it still so poor after 72 years of independence?

It's growth is projected to be less than 6% this year.

What is India's excuse?
China's economic growth is at a 27yr low. Analysts are predicting that the world might be headed for a recession. Axis powers like Japan & Germany which have been massively affected economically during WW-2 are now among the top-5 economies. Brazil and Russia which have been independent since ages and having the most resourceful rich lands with a huge land area are still meagre in economic performance. Pak which has gained independence alonside India is at 3.3% growth rate on a $280bn economy. These are just a few examples but I'd like to know what's your take on all these disparities

That's some low key target after turning super power in 2020.

India economy is slowing into 4.5 % rate in the second quarter. I think 5 trillion GDP can only be reached in 2030 if the growth rate is around 5 % for the next 10 years. Similar like Indonesia, we are still struggling to grow at least at 5 %. Dont know what will happen in 2020 though.

You certainly don't have the basic knowledge of economy do you have?

Not entirely true, the Indians had a lot of infrastructure built for them and handed over to them by the British

The IMF estimated that India's GDP for 2019 crossed the 2.9 trillion mark, making it the world's fifth largest economy ahead of France and the UK. Currently, the gap between India and Germany is less than 1 trillion. So it is possible that India overtakes Germany within five years, but nothing is guaranteed.

Just after crossing from 31-Dec-2019 to 01-Jan-2020, India became superpower. Her economy already surpassed the UK and now going for Germany.
How fast India is developing ... !

I think it's inevitable. With such a large population, technically we should become the 3rd largest economy in 1-2 decades. We need to plan national projects and schemes better though.

India economy is slowing into 4.5 % rate in the second quarter. I think 5 trillion GDP can only be reached in 2030 if the growth rate is around 5 % for the next 10 years. Similar like Indonesia, we are still struggling to grow at least at 5 %. Dont know what will happen in 2020 though.

Best way is to look at ground reality.
It reflects in indonesia but cant say the same for india

Back
Top Bottom