What's new

India must stand by Sheikh Hasina

Oh My God really by 2015 .....Wow & You must be thinking India will not make a single toilet in this period....
Also I din't know google can tell you future..........:lol:

:rofl::rofl:

Bangladesh keen to import rice from India

Can you tell why.???????????

Having no Indian toilet is India's culture problem and is unlikely to have have any effect even with Government initiative. But whatever India's government will do but likely to reach 100% sanitation by 2015. For sure.

Bangladesh import rice from India by giving money not as charity as like many other country Bangladesh needs to import food.

The same way poor Indians needs to smuggle 3-5 billion usd worth of stuff to Bangladesh.

lol captain planet, troll answer for you troll I heard that Bangladesh has highest level of arsenic poisoning in the world and I also read that 70% of Urban Bangladeshis live in slum, just 30 has access to good houses.
A country claiming to reach 100 % mobile penetration has 70% people in Slums. India has just 28.2% rate compared to 70% of yours.

So Mr Deepak you have opened this replica id. I am going to report about your replica id and likely you are going to face a ip ban this time.

70% is a much old data not present. Bangladesh government us removing most of garments from Dhaka to outside and it will reduce slum by 50% and already Bangladesh government is breaking most of the existing slum. In Mumbai itself 60% of the people are living in slum. So does it a matter??

But the issue is they have better sanitation facility then India's 31% which is a fail grade. If I am not you could also be nalinda pride a dalit from bihar . Then you should have known what is the scary situation of India specially bihar regarding sanitation.

I can not stop my laughing seeing a known troll saying other troll.

I am also Chuck Norris Captain Planet, lol at your IQ. Read this, this is especially for you.

BANGKOK, 14 October 2011 (IRIN) - By some measures, Bangladesh is modernizing rapidly - one in two residents now owns a cell phone. However, when it comes to basic sanitation, progress is clogged.

While some point to obstacles of funding and a lack of political leadership, others say toilets, despite their long-established health benefits, have an image problem.

“People don’t associate latrines with health,” said Azizur R. Mollar, who studied sanitation in Dhaka in 2010. “To many Bangladeshis, a toilet is just a concrete platform. Going to the toilet is a matter of practicality.”

By comparison, he said, the mobile phone has become “a symbol of the betterment of lives” for Bangladeshis, the usage of which has skyrocketed in a decade. There were 79 million mobile phone users in 2011, up from just 279,000 in 2000, according to the Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission.

The number of non-communal household toilets, meanwhile, has grown at a much slower rate, to the dismay of those working to achieve the water and sanitation (watsan) Millennium Development Goal - 70 percent sanitation coverage by 2015. The government set a goal for 100 percent coverage by 2010, but has postponed that to 2013.

IRIN Asia | BANGLADESH: Selling the toilet idea | Bangladesh | Health & Nutrition | Water & Sanitation

Total coverage is at 53 percent, leaving nearly half of the country’s 140 million people without proper sanitation, and exposed to diarrhoea and infectious diseases like cholera and dysentery, according to the Water Supply and Sanitation 2010 report by the World Health Organization and the UN Children’s Fund (UNICEF). The definition of “proper sanitation” rules out toilets shared by a community, and open defecation - methods millions of Bangladeshis still use today.

A study released in August by Human Research Development Centre (HRDC) - supported by WaterAid, UNICEF and the government - showed a dismal national sanitation situation and a misuse of funding. The government began subsidizing sanitation projects in 2004 and has contributed US$53 million since that time.

Conversely, inadequate sanitation is costing the country $4.2 billion a year, according to a report released in October by the Water and Sanitation Program (WSP), a multi-donor partnership administered by the World Bank.

A tough sell

Sufficient funding and effective leadership are necessary to improve sanitation in Bangladesh, but smart marketing campaigns are needed, too, those working on the issue said.

“Like cell phones, the latrine needs to be perceived as a cool and sexy commodity, something that people desire and want to talk about,” said Rose George, author of Big Necessity: The Unmentionable World of Human Waste and Why It Matters.

Comparing sanitation campaigns to the marketing of cell phones, Khairul Islam, country director of WaterAid (the world’s first international NGO dedicated to the provision of safe domestic water, sanitation and hygiene education), said: “Cell phones have been marketed aggressively. You see advertisements on billboards and TV every five minutes, but not even 1 percent of that money has been put into promoting sanitation… There is no specific national strategy on hygiene promotion.”

Mollar suggested another reason for the difficulty encountered in drumming up interest in toilets is the absence of clear, immediate and tangible benefits.

As a result, changing people’s perceptions and habits is a challenge both in Bangladesh, and globally. An estimated 40 percent of the world is living without access to toilets.

“People aren’t very rational about sanitation,” said George, who has studied the history of human waste and toilets. “While the developed world has taken toilets for granted, there are people on the other side of the world who are happy to openly defecate and don’t protest about it.”

sh/nb/cb

Theme (s): Health & Nutrition, Water & Sanitation,

[This report does not necessarily reflect the views of the United Nations]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes captain Report me, I am not fearful of getting banned but I will troll for your troll. You are butthurt that's why you are accusing me of duplicate ID. LOL at your frustration.

No man I am not in frustration. Even if it is 53% it is much less then India's 69% and in India sanitation cost 56 billion usd compared to Bangladesh's 4 billion usd only. This is clearly indication how much unhygienic India is!!

But good part Bangladesh is on track to have 100% sanitation by 2015-2016 which India is unlikely to achieve.

Anyway that above report did not counted the community sanitation facility which is used by many. But there is no match between Bangladesh and India when it comes to open ejection. India is worse in this case.

Yes, Bangladesh is number one in Pole-Vaulting and we can't beat them.

Anyway it is 53% in India according to latest report in 2012, 1% less than Bangladesh so you guys beat us in that also.

More illegal immigrants from India crossing border

LOS FRESNOS, Texas — Police wearing berets and bulletproof vests broke down the door of a Guatemala City apartment in February hunting for illegal drugs. Instead, they found a different kind of illicit shipment: 27 immigrants from India packed into two locked rooms.

The Indians, whose hiding space was furnished only with soiled mattresses, claimed to be on vacation. But authorities quickly concluded they were waiting to be smuggled into the United States via an 11,000-mile pipeline of human cargo — the same network that has transported thousands of illegal immigrants from India, through Central America and Mexico and over the sandy banks of the Rio Grande during the past two years.

Indians have arrived in droves even as the overall number of illegal immigrants entering the U.S. has dropped dramatically, in large part because of the sluggish American economy. And with fewer Mexicans and Central Americans crossing the border, smugglers are eager for more "high-value cargo" like Indians, some of whom are willing to pay more than $20,000 for the journey.

"Being the businessmen they are, they need to start looking for ways to supplement that work," said Rosendo Hinojosa, chief of the U.S. Border Patrol's Rio Grande Valley Sector, at the southernmost tip of Texas, which is the most active nationwide for apprehending Indian nationals.

Between October 2009 and March 2011, the Border Patrol detained at least 2,600 illegal immigrants from India, a dramatic rise over the typical 150 to 300 arrests per year.

The influx has been so pronounced that in May, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano told a Senate committee that at some point this year, Indians will account for about 1 in 3 non-Mexican illegal immigrants caught in Texas.

Most seek jobs
Most of the border-jumpers are seeking jobs, even though India's economy is growing at about 9 percent per year. Once safely inside the U.S., they fan out across the country, often relying on relatives who are already here to arrange jobs and housing.

Indians have flooded into Texas in part because U.S. authorities have cracked down on the traditional ways they used to come here, such as entering through airports with student or work visas. The tougher enforcement has made it harder for immigrants to use visas listing non-existent universities or phantom companies.

Also contributing to the spike was a quiet change in travel requirements in Guatemala, El Salvador, Nicaragua and Honduras. Beginning in 2009, those nations sought to attract investors by allowing visitors from India to enter without visas.

Mexican authorities have been unable to stop smugglers from moving illegal Indian immigrants over their country's southern border, then north to Texas. Instead, Mexico asked neighboring Guatemala to restore the visa requirement for Indians, which it did June 6.

Still, the lack of a visa requirement allowed at least 8,300 Indians to enter Guatemala and fewer than 28 percent of them exited legally, according to Enrique Degenhart, director of Guatemalan immigration. The others disappeared to continue heading north.

Indeed, the group of Indians police discovered in Guatemala City eventually went free because, at the time, they were in Guatemala legally.

Meanwhile, El Salvador, Nicaragua and Honduras still don't require visas for Indians, meaning smugglers can shift routes and use those countries as alternate jumping-off points for the journey north.

El Salvador's director of immigration, Ruben Alvarado, said officials have begun quizzing arriving Indians about what Salvadoran tourist sites they intend to visit in an attempt to spot those entering the country simply to head north.

Claim persecution
Indians caught by U.S. authorities often claim they fled their homeland because of religious persecution. Then they wait for months in federal detention centers like Port Isabel, in the town of Los Fresnos, about an hour's drive from the Texas-Mexico border.

On a recent morning at Port Isabel, young Indian men wearing navy blue detention uniforms filled the benches in Immigration Judge Keith Hunsucker's courtroom. Sixteen of the 32 cases on the docket were Indian immigrants, including Salimbhai Mansiya, from the state of Gujarat, who had been detained more than a month earlier.

Through an interpreter, Mansiya told the judge that he needed more time to find an English speaker who could help him fill out an application for asylum. The judge ordered his case delayed.

The Justice Department's Executive Office for Immigration Review received 951 requests for asylum from Indian nationals between October and March — a six-month tally nearly equal to 1,002 asylum requests received from Indians in all of fiscal 2010.

Some seeking asylum can arrange to have their bond paid and are set free. Then they melt into American society and skip subsequent court dates. Immigration courts eventually order them deported, but only in absentia.

Many of those detained in Texas hail from Indian states such as Punjab and Gujarat, places that are relatively prosperous and where it's common for people to seek greater fortunes abroad even if they are financially secure at home.

More illegal immigrants from India crossing border - US news - Security - msnbc.com

:usflag:If Bangladeshis are pole vaulters then Indians are Border Jumpers

Yes, Bangladesh is number one in Pole-Vaulting and we can't beat them.

Anyway it is 53% in India according to latest report in 2012, 1% less than Bangladesh so you guys beat us in that also.

Come on man that was couple of year old data and according to the latest figure it is 69% not 53%. Watch the report of Al Zazeera and feel yourself ashamed that you belong to such country. :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes butthead Captain planet from poor Bangladesh who flocked to India in their worst times now. Read 2012 news not 2008 Data.

Yes, you can go on with figure of 1960 for your comparison butthead.

It seems all Bangladeshi living in Canada thinks Bangladesh as Canada. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes butthead Captain planet from poor Bangladesh who flocked to India in their worst times now. Read this...
Despite cellphone boom in India, toilet access still lags - The Globe and Mail

Yes, you can go on with figure of 1960 for your comparison butthead.

It seems all Bangladeshi living in Canada thinks Bangladesh as Canada. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats recent figure as at least you can see the Al Jazeera news is not from 1960s :P and I know dalit like you always find it hard to digest as being discriminated by fellow hindu Indians you lot try to remain in delusion India is no. 1 and so does we but when open your eye you lot face the reality.

Bangladesh has also seen cell boom and like to have 100% penitration in 4-5 years. What is the big deal here??/

I hope you atleast do not do your work beside a rail track as that is the favorite place for most of the dalits.

I would understand if India was usa and Bangladeshis would try to illegally cross the boder to go to India. But Indians themselves are massive border jumpers......i guess centuries of colonialism has gotten to the Indian head, now they think they are a supa powa and trying to emulate their colonial masters.:rofl:

You think india is idle, but India is investing 10% of GDP on inftrastructure project alone this year increasing fron 6.5% of GDP from 2007. What we have achieved in last 20 year neither you nor Pakistan achieve that. And still our pace much more than you. So stop talking in future tense

You think india is idle, but India is investing 10% of GDP on inftrastructure project alone this year increasing fron 6.5% of GDP from 2007. What we have achieved in last 20 year neither you nor Pakistan achieve that. And still our pace much more than you. So stop talking in future tense

lol still 37% of people living below poverty line and 69% of the people does not have sanitation access :P.

I hope this is allowed as this is present tense.

I would understand if India was usa and Bangladeshis would try to illegally cross the boder to go to India. But Indians themselves are massive border jumpers......i guess centuries of colonialism has gotten to the Indian head, now they think they are a supa powa and trying to emulate their colonial masters.:rofl:

That best describes Indians.

With huge government borrowing yes you did some miracle in GDP figure. But still 52% of your people plough land and commits suicide in thousands. I dont want to get into toilet thingy though.

BANGLADESH IS CANADA ACCORDING BANGLADESHIS LIVING IN CANADA. Half of Bangladesh must enjoy fresh air in their back early in the morning near roadside. Land with 44% of poverty, 70% slumland laughing at India, tragic.

That best describes Indians.

With huge government borrowing yes you did some miracle in GDP figure. But still 52% of your people plough land and commits suicide in thousands. I dont want to get into toilet thingy though.

Bangladesh is Canada and they don't do pole vaulting.

Majority of Bangladeshis are forced to drink arsenic infected water because its developed like Canada.

BANGLADESH IS CANADA ACCORDING BANGLADESHIS LIVING IN CANADA. Half of Bangladesh must enjoy fresh air in their back early in the morning near roadside. Land with 44% of poverty, 70% slumland laughing at India, tragic.

:rofl:Indian talking about bangladesh's poverty. India's poverty is worse than few sub saharan countries:lol:....:smokin:with a good percentage of folks never seeing a how a toilet looks like.

Majority of Bangladeshis are forced to drink arsenic infected water because its developed like Canada.

Bangladesh is nothing like Canada but you Indians do think that you have become your colonial masters with your sub-saharan poverty:rofl:

Man come out of your dream. Face reality. Bangladesh's poverty level is 31% and is on track to be reduced to 13.5% in the next couple of years. Where as in India it is likely to increase more.

Thats a different issue. I feel really sorry for the Indians where even their minister ask their people to eat rats in place of rice which they export. Shame on such country and countryman.

Now stop barking as you are from Bihar ... go and eat rats...

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom