What's new

'India not safe for Pakistanis' and the IPL controversy

Jeez all this India bashing and suggestions to call in our pundits to pray for us in international cricket just because some private organisations in India did not select Pakistani players? Now really this thread did host some really immature posts from some really senior members. I earlier mentioned some of my Pakistani cricket heroes and my disappointment that they were not selected. But the fact remains that these selectors are private organisations and not controlled by the government. Cricket is a game of money and for the love of the money they did not select the Pakistani players. Their reasons whether sensible or not remains their reasons.Insulting the Indian national team etc is childish of those posters who did. Indian national team has glittered at time and has rusted at time. Same with Pakistani national team. Move on and enjoy the game. And oh yeah, pass the beer and the crisps yaar :cheers:

Well.. IPL didnt do the right thing by inviting paksitani players for auction and then not picking up for whatever reason they are telling now they should have informed them earlier. But i think they treated pakistanis as just any other nation. But i also think that pakistanis here are overeacting.. and politiciiing the issue. It has been turned into a diplomatic row where in all these ministers coming out and condemening this..!!! The criticism should have been limited to the administrativce level.. but then i think they are trying to score political points here..!!!!

And what is with this comparing india and pakistani cricket.. both have their share of achievements..!!1 If pakistan win a cup we feel good(unless it is against india or srilanka) and i hope it is vice versa..!!! This is pure mismanagement by IPL.. and have nothing to do with indian government or people..!!! May be government may be at fault for not gaurenteeing the visa coz of the present situations.. there is no reason to make this into such a stupid diplomatic row.. resulting in the ban of indian channels or withdrawel of kabadi teams..and god knows what..!!!!!

I don't know why the hell Indians have to be defensive about this.....IPL'team owners made losses last year due to Pakistani Players....so they decided...no more busiiness with Pakistani players..... and if pakistani cricket board is so concerned...and they have got balls...why dont theyy create a PPL....and then its their prorogative to not to involve Indians in it....... are aukat hai to create a challanger event to IPL ....than do whatever you can......Its Indias league...indians own it....so thay can do whatever they want.

If they had "Aukat" of creating such a event.....they would not have fretted over IPL snub like this.....remember it was Pakistani Government that forced Indian Government to force IPL managing body to receive the Pakistani Participation....even after the deadline was over....and that too visas were issued from not Indian embassy in Pakistan but also from 3 places over the world....

Remember they also failed to pay match fees for Pakistani players...
http://www.defence.pk/forums/curren...an-board-fails-pay-cricketers-match-fees.html

Its all about their inability to do anything that is coming out as a frustration .....they thought if Pakistani players could make some money from IPL they would put less pressure ..on PCB.....which is practically broke.....thats what causing all the fuss....Money....nothing else...

Ponting is not playing IPL any more because of threats from hindu terrorists

If they had "Aukat" of creating such a event.....they would not have fretted over IPL snub like this.....remember it was Pakistani Government that forced Indian Government to force IPL managing body to receive the Pakistani Participation....even after the deadline was over....and that too visas were issued from not Indian embassy in Pakistan but also from 3 places over the world....

http://www.defence.pk/forums/curren...an-board-fails-pay-cricketers-match-fees.html

Its all about their inability to do anything that is coming out as a frustration .....they thought if Pakistani players could make some money from IPL they would put less pressure ..on PCB.....which is practically broke.....thats what causing all the fuss....Money....nothing else...

I am not suprised a comment like this since u are from India. What else you can say ? Tum logo ki akuat he naye ki koi big tournement jito. Pakistan beat u in Champions trophy last time so your team could get some more traning lol and last time Sri lanka beat u BIG time in Final. IIS liye apne aukat jano ur use me rao. :bunny:

Joat ka saar hamsha nichye he hota he and watching seems to you ppl have hard to to find reason. only shilpa has given like 20 reason in 2 days. JOTA KA MU KALA

That article about 'match fees' is from around two years ago. And the players themselves get plenty of revenue from endorsements etc.

As I said earlier, some Indians have a bloated sense of self-importance. The PCB gains nothing from getting the Pakistani players to participate in the IPL, the only benefits are for the players themselves, and on that count as several of the Pakistani players have indicated in the aftermath of this controversy, the IPL approached them about being shortlisted and participating in the auction.

As I pointed out earlier, if the terrorists threats against Pakistan cricketers from Indian extremists were that serious to raise concerns over the security of Pakistani players, then the IPL should have contacted them when it became aware of that and informed them of its reasons to not pick them in the auction.

Even if this was not a deliberate attempt by the IPL to snub the Pakistani players after inviting them themselves, it was an extremely unprofessional and poorly managed way to deal with the security concerns arising out of a terrorist threat from Indian extremists.

At the least the IPL should recognize it acted unprofessionally and apologize for not informing the Pakistani players of the changed circumstances due to threats of Indian terrorism.

south africa has refused to play in next series in Pakistan ...due to security concerns.....how about that.... no wonder pakistanis will be pissed off when snubbed in IPL.....that was the only place they could make some money...and that's not worked out as well.

And Indians talking about Pakistan loosing in Australia. We have bowling attack which you can only dream of. Forget Pakistan we are worst team blabla what about India ? what happend in Final against Sri lanka ?

words like aukat is unacceptable .:disagree:

and we are still champions.:P

Buddy champions in what? T20? india was champion in T20 and now india is champion in Test cricket and nearly champion in one day cricket. i have seen pakistan's performence after T20 where shri lanka defeated them easily and also now australia. Pakistan winning only in T20 matchs which are not in large amount. Test and one day been played in large number and india doing well.

And Indians talking about Pakistan loosing in Australia. We have bowling attack which you can only dream of. Forget Pakistan we are worst team blabla what about India ? what happend in Final against Sri lanka ?

It was shri lanka's day that they won. U can't judge india team by just final match defeat. While in last 13 tests india won 7 of them and lost none. Thats we called performence.

That article about 'match fees' is from around two years ago. And the players themselves get plenty of revenue from endorsements etc.

As I said earlier, some Indians have a bloated sense of self-importance. The PCB gains nothing from getting the Pakistani players to participate in the IPL, the only benefits are for the players themselves, and on that count as several of the Pakistani players have indicated in the aftermath of this controversy, the IPL approached them about being shortlisted and participating in the auction.

As I pointed out earlier, if the terrorists threats against Pakistan cricketers from Indian extremists were that serious to raise concerns over the security of Pakistani players, then the IPL should have contacted them when it became aware of that and informed them of its reasons to not pick them in the auction.

Even if this was not a deliberate attempt by the IPL to snub the Pakistani players after inviting them themselves, it was an extremely unprofessional and poorly managed way to deal with the security concerns arising out of a terrorist threat from Indian extremists.

At the least the IPL should recognize it acted unprofessionally and apologize for not informing the Pakistani players of the changed circumstances due to threats of Indian terrorism

It was not that AM, 26\11 is still fresh in the mindsof the public and no one knows when the two bit non-state actors from the other side of the border will launch another strike .When such a scenario is looming it is sound business sense to not invest in pakistani players.Good for them and good for us
who is going to invest precious bucks on pakistani players

south africa has refused to play in next series in Pakistan ...due to security concerns.....how about that.... no wonder pakistanis will be pissed off when snubbed in IPL.....that was the only place they could make some money...and that's not worked out as well.

Thx for big news which is old news but typical India always happy for Pakistan bleeding. Thats what they alsi tried in IPL case and now they have to hide there faces. morons:yahoo:

I just want to ask IPL and few Indians who just loved what happend. What to you get by doing stuff like this ? u get some kind of kick ? Always stab in back thats what Indians are.

Back
Top Bottom