What's new

India offers to export electricity to Pakistan

Pakistanis wouldnt have much leverage since the price mechanism was such that indians would pay Iranians for gas only that was received (i dont know exactly what metrics they use, probably some barrels/meters type equivalent)

the indians ''opted'' out due to solely to American pressure....

I believe you are wrong there....i am not denying American pressure as such but the main problem with IPI was that iran was not taking responsibility for delivery of gas on Indian border...Her responsibility ends with Pak...though ironically the same conditions were not deal breaker in TAPI...

talk to PDF member "Musulman" he's well versed on the deal....

if you review the price mechanism, india would ONLY be responsible for deliveries received. So I dont know how Iranians can be expected to be responsible for gas deliver once it has left Iranian side. And while Pakistan could, in theory, cut off supply to indian, they would lose out by violating the terms and possibly having supplies cut itself.

the reason the indians "opted out" are only because of american pressure and nothing else....it's common knowledge.

Pakistan doesnt need an unreliable source of electricity.....definitely not from the indians, that's for sure!

Chilling comfortably under the aegis of Uncle Sam, you have the liberty to flaunt your false sense of pride.

I would take the opinion of a father whose kids cannot study properly because of daily 18 hour power cuts, more seriously.

I never said you're going to take the offer.

I said your people, reeling as they are, under 10-18 hour power outages will be more than willing to if given a choice.

..and we all know how much 'choice' Pakistanis have when it comes to running their country.

Refute that.

A lot of the problems we have with load shedding are mostly due to mismanagement or corruption- as other members have pointed out.
Plus we can't ignore this:

However, sources told Dawn that Pakistan would not proceed with the offer because doing so could lend legitimacy to the Indian power projects in occupied Kashmir.

“Pakistan has already filed appeals against the Kishanganga hydropower project in the Court of Arbitration at The Hague,” said an official of the water and power ministry, adding that the next hearing was expected to be held in the first week of August.

“India has massive electricity shortages but they want to sell some power to Pakistan. This will strengthen their claims in the court that they are producing cheap electricity and sharing the gains with Pakistan,” the official said.

doesnt india get electricity shortages, in bombay my friend said its 4 hr outages every day??
how can india export us, what it needs power itself??

A lot of the problems we have with load shedding are mostly due to mismanagement or corruption- as other members have pointed out.
Plus we can't ignore this:

However, sources told Dawn that Pakistan would not proceed with the offer because doing so could lend legitimacy to the Indian power projects in occupied Kashmir.

“Pakistan has already filed appeals against the Kishanganga hydropower project in the Court of Arbitration at The Hague,” said an official of the water and power ministry, adding that the next hearing was expected to be held in the first week of August.

“India has massive electricity shortages but they want to sell some power to Pakistan. This will strengthen their claims in the court that they are producing cheap electricity and sharing the gains with Pakistan,” the official said.

How is that related to my point?

I'm talking about the people, you are talking about the govt.

doesnt india get electricity shortages, in bombay my friend said its 4 hr outages every day??
how can india export us, what it needs power itself??

We can export power at somewhat costlier rates to you and then fulfill our own domestic demand with the profit earned. Simple.

How is that related to my point?

I'm talking about the people, you are talking about the govt.

People who suffer from power outages won't really care.But in the end its the government that decides and they have decided against getting electricity from India.

We can export power at somewhat costlier rates to you and then fulfill our own domestic demand with the profit earned. Simple.

why would we buy at costlier rates, what if we make such extra power plants rather then spending more money on buying

btw, the more you export us the power, the more in your dependent on your resoursces and you dont exactly have enough resources to make more electricity

why would we buy at costlier rates, what if we make such extra power plants rather then spending more money on buying

Why? Because you don't really have much of a choice.

Either you will buy it from us or your leaders choose to let your common man suffer the unending power cuts.

Evidently, your leaders have made the common man the sacrificial lamb once again.

btw, the more you export us the power, the more in your dependent on your resoursces and you dont exactly have enough resources to make more electricity

It's not all about resources. Money is a factor too. Money can buy resources.

It's not all about resources. Money is a factor too. Money can buy resources.

i dont like to engage in this bullshitt debate

but i just wanna tell, if you will buy resources you will require more money and then generating electricity will be costlier, so it will eventually be balanced out

you think of making a free energy, but there is no thing as free energy that exists

think out of your little empty nut shell

i dont like to engage in this bullshitt debate

but i just wanna tell, if you will buy resources you will require more money and then generating electricity will be costlier, so it will eventually be balanced out

you think of making a free energy, but there is no thing as free energy that exists

think out of your little empty nut shell

I never really talked of free energy, did I?

All I said was that the Pakistani common man, desperate as he is, for more power, will buy Indian electricity if given a choice.

That desperation will be what will foot the bill for our electricity.

talk to PDF member "Musulman" he's well versed on the deal....

if you review the price mechanism, india would ONLY be responsible for deliveries received. So I dont know how Iranians can be expected to be responsible for gas deliver once it has left Iranian side. And while Pakistan could, in theory, cut off supply to indian, they would lose out by violating the terms and possibly having supplies cut itself.

the reason the indians "opted out" are only because of american pressure and nothing else....it's common knowledge.

Actually if I remember right, this was a sore point in the discussion. Iranians wanted to be paid for all the gas that left their border where as Indians wanted to pay only for the gas that was received at the Indian Border. India wanted Iran to be responsible for any losses in transit so that if there are disruptions in Pakistan, the loss is borne by Iran and not India.

Back
Top Bottom