What's new

India’s 2nd Carrier Ins Vishal to be Flat-Top Configuration , Navy to Freez

Yeah I know my country is a mess and we know who are directly or indirectly responsible for aggravating our mess.

What is there to suppose? Its there for everyone to see.

And I never said we are ultra rich but yeah we love to do chest thumping for our allies and brothers. Any problem? :undecided:
No do the cheer leading and all, BUT DONT FORGET TO WEAR RED COLOUR PANTIES!

India’s 2nd Carrier Ins Vishal to be B Configuration , Navy to Freez

hmmmmm ...... it seems Indian Navy likes more of curvy stuff.

^^ and INS Vishal can easily carry 30 Mig 29k fighters instead of 16 of Vikramaditya

^^ and INS Vishal can easily carry 30 Mig 29k fighters instead of 16 of Vikramaditya

Infact INS Vikrant would carry 24-30 Mig29K due to larger deck space and Hanger... INS Vikramaditya has a large Island hence the deck space is low.. while the ship was originally a missile cruiser hence low deck space.

INS Vishal would easily carry 50 fighters of Heavy class or 60 fighters of Medium class... and would have longer range Barak-8LR for long range airdefense along with Barak-1 for short-range airdefense... while the Vikrant would only have Barak-1 AFAIK.

Max official capacity on the vikrant is 30 mig-29k/nlca mk2 and 10 helos ... ie kamovs for AEW and seakings for ASW intiially....might be new platforms by the time it gets comissioned....30 fighters is more than enough to bomb the **** out of most areas..

in my opinion, india shouldnt be looking at very big carriers, but more numbers of smaller ones...even light carriers/amphibious landing ships...akin to the wasp/ juan carlos class should be looked at, to fly the vtol version of the f-35

We are not able to finish IAC 1 in time . . Its useless to talk about another . . I didnt saw any major work on vikrant and like this we will not able to finish it on time then followed by trial . .long long time to go

Buddy, the one has nothing to do with the other!

IAC 1 is facing construction issues and that mainly because of delayed supply of parts from subcontractors, but these things have no relation to the design and development stage of IAC 2. It is important to decide the layout of the future carrier today, just like which fighters it will use, be it the size of the carrier, the take off system, the size and weight of the fighters which has relations to possible take off, landing or even parking issues that could come up.
And that's what IN is doing now, evaluating the possibilities to get catapults and what fighters could be available till then, so nothing wrong about that!

I think INS Viky can carry upto 24 mig 29k (not sure though) so a 65k+ AC would easily carry around 40+ aircrafts!!

Infact INS Vikrant would carry 24-30 Mig29K due to larger deck space and Hanger... INS Vikramaditya has a large Island hence the deck space is low.. while the ship was originally a missile cruiser hence low deck space.

INS Vishal would easily carry 50 fighters of Heavy class or 60 fighters of Medium class... and would have longer range Barak-8LR for long range airdefense along with Barak-1 for short-range airdefense... while the Vikrant would only have Barak-1 AFAIK.

Theoretically yes but the IAC-2 will NEVER carry Mig-29Ks as it will be CATOBAR configured as stated and Mig-29Ks can't operate from such a configuration.

me thinks IAC 2 WILL JUST SHUT MOUTHS OF SOME FOOLISH PEOPLE HERE

BUT LETS NOT WASTE OUR PRECIOUS TIME BUDDIES PLS POST SOMETHING INFORMATIVE

well our navy has to search for other shipyard because cochin shipyard can't handle more than vikrant class aircraft carrier.
So the Ball now goes to private players.
i think pipapav may be considered but they lack the experience in buiding such sophisticated warships may be by 2017 they may learn it by building other smaller vessels like frigates and other vessels then move onto big one.

Yeah I know my country is a mess and we know who are directly or indirectly responsible for aggravating our mess.

What is there to suppose? Its there for everyone to see.

And I never said we are ultra rich but yeah we love to do chest thumping for our allies and brothers. Any problem? :undecided:

yeah heard abt all those crappy stories abt destabilising the already destabilised....u pampered lot.
and...
please do the chest thumping widout mud slinging others.....still if u do, make sure u have something in yOUR kitty before jumping about wat ur so called allies have got

I think it should be flat-top based carrier 60-75000 tons. Interceptors & CAP Patrols should be stealth & fighter bombers should be Rafale. E2D should be hawk-eye for navy, & midair re-fuller should be deployed on-board. That will be grate with the addition of cargo supply plane.

Back
Top Bottom