What's new

India’s 2nd Carrier Ins Vishal to be Flat-Top Configuration , Navy to Freez

I'm a bangladeshi too but your allies and my alies are not same. don't bull$hit in a good thread in the name of bangladesh.shame on you :angry:

you have the rafael then why the migs!! when rafael is a carrier based fighter too. simply don't understand

Welcome to the forum buddy..:)

As far as Rafale is concerned its a CATOBAR fighter n Mig 29K is STOBAR fighter.

N the 2 ACs(Viki n IAC1) India is planning to induct in near future, both r of STOBAR configuration.

Only IAC-2(INS Vishal) will be of CATOBAR (or EMALS) configuration but it won't be inducted before 2022-25.

So, no Rafales for Indian ACs for now...

very true yar , my question was actualy for the INS vishal ! i was lil confused . ty for the clearence and you are cordialy welcome :)

As far as Rafale is concerned its a CATOBAR fighter n Mig 29K is STOBAR fighter.

N the 2 ACs(Viki n IAC1) India is planning to induct in near future, both r of STOBAR configuration.

Only IAC-2(INS Vishal) will be of CATOBAR (or EMALS) configuration but it won't be inducted before 2022-25.

So, no Rafales for Indian ACs for now...

very true yar , my question was actualy for the INS vishal ! i was lil confused . ty for the clearence and you are cordialy welcome :)

Rafale M is a good candidate for INS Vishal but we might see some F18s too if the US agreed to sell us EMALS.

But anyways lets first sign the MMRCA deal for IAF then we'll think about IAC-2...:)

you have the rafael then why the migs!! when rafael is a carrier based fighter too. simply don't understand

First of all because we don't have Rafales yet, secondly because they will be operated by IAF, while IN already has Mig 29Ks, so ordering more Migs is a logical choice to keep the operations easy and cost-effective, although the Rafale obviously is the more capable fighter.

It's not that simple, Rafale could be operated from STOBAR carriers as well, all that is necessary is enough thrust and a long enough deck to take off via ski-jump, since the arrested landing is the same for STOBAR and CATOBAR carriers.

well the rafael deal is finalised.so its just a matter of time that india's getting those rafaels.i dont know why but i feel the planner already has a masterplan and they gonna commission some rafel for the INS too. its stratigicaly too important
First of all because we don't have Rafales yet, secondly because they will be operated by IAF, while IN already has Mig 29Ks, so ordering more Migs is a logical choice to keep the operations easy and cost-effective, although the Rafale obviously is the more capable fighter.

It's not that simple, Rafale could be operated from STOBAR carriers as well, all that is necessary is enough thrust and a long enough deck to take off via ski-jump, since the arrested landing is the same for STOBAR and CATOBAR carriers.

i think its good to start IAC 2 now...coz counting the delays and all it would be ready by 2025

when the rafael's performance is much more advanced and more maneuver than those super hornets, guess no need of those f18s.the us purchase comes with the politics. thats an extra hazard.personaly i dont like purchase the us arsenals.they can show back any second without any hesitation
Rafale M is a good candidate for INS Vishal but we might see some F18s too if the US agreed to sell us EMALS.

But anyways lets first sign the MMRCA deal for IAF then we'll think about IAC-2...:)

Yahaan to Arihant induct ho nai rha h n we r off talkin abt IAC -2!
:disagree:

Let us first finish off the Rafale deal den we'll talk abt IAC-2...if US agrees to sell us the EMALS system...until then we r gonna see extended deadlines and cost overruns!:undecided:

Yahaan to Arihant induct ho nai rha h n we r off talkin abt IAC -2!
:disagree:

Let us first finish off the Rafale deal den we'll talk abt IAC-2...if US agrees to sell us the EMALS system...until then we r gonna see extended deadlines and cost overruns!:undecided:

dude , its called long term PLANING, IAC-1 is already taking shape at a good enough speed, so its the right time we think about IAC-2 and start working on it , if we wait for finishing the IAC-1 first and then start working on IAC-2 then we would never have what our armed forces need. arihant and rafale deal are a done deal its just matter of few more months.

BTW this is what one can see in Cochin.

ioopib.jpg

INS viraat is a helicopter carrier, and Vikramaditya won't be inducted until atleast 2020 i guarantee you.

INS viraat is a helicopter carrier, and Vikramaditya won't be inducted until atleast 2020 i guarantee you.

False, and you're thinking of Vikrant, so your guarantees hold about as much water as your brain does with brain matter.....

False, and you're thinking of Vikrant, so your guarantees hold about as much water as your brain does with brain matter.....

The V's confused me.
And yes, "Vikrant" was used as a helicopter carrier by the Soviets because it was so small.
Do your homework kid, you only have a few posts sonny.

The V's confused me.
And yes, "Vikrant" was used as a helicopter carrier by the Soviets because it was so small.
Do your homework kid, you only have a few posts sonny.

Again do some more homework it is Vikramaditya that Russia is refurbishing, they lengthened the flight deck just for that purpose.

Back
Top Bottom