What's new

India shows off the MKI that Pakistan claimed to have shot down. True?

LOL they call this proof. Flying a random Su-30 and claiming it is the one that got shot.

Just noticed this today,

I didn't expect this from India, lying or deceiving others wouldn't change what happened in the skies on 27th February. Making false claims, loudly and repetitively in the hopes to drown out the truth. Nice ploy, but the truth remains and the indian air force knows what truly happened to them. Pakistan and it's military doesn't need to stoop to the level of depraved india, to convince anyone. Indian jets were shot down and in the last eight months all India has been doing is "damage control" and "saving face" before the world and it's own citizens. Lie all you want India, it won't change the fact that Pakistan Air Force rattled the Indian Air Force on the 27th of February 2019.

It means IAF Mirage 2000s had lock on our F 16s? @Oscar @Dazzler @gambit @messiach
Are Mirage 2000s radar better than F16 MLU ones?
A 'chirp' is not a lock. A full on radar lock must be distinctive for the pilot to recognize a FOCUSED threat, meaning the missile is actually on him, so a 'chirp' is insufficient for an audio alert.

When a RWR detects a radar scan signal, the RWR system:

- Assign a memory hard space to that signal
- Calculate signal intensity in amplitude
- If there are other radar signals in memory, compare new signal to other signals regarding intensity
- Calculate repetition interval

If the new signal is within a certain statistical range, as the RWR system was designed, in comparison to other signals, if exists in memory, in all four main criteria, then all I will hear is a 'chirp'. In other words, the RWR system is telling the pilot that there is another radar signal in the area. Tactically speaking, this is not ideal as an EM saturated environment can confuse even the best pilots.

The 'chirp' audio itself is not the same from signal to signal. The 'chirp' is just a descriptor as to how the RWR system alert the pilot to the signal. A ground based radar will have different signal characteristics than an AWACS radar or a missile radar. So each 'chirp' will be different. A 'chirp' is simply a short burst of an audio signal.

Now...Regarding the four criteria above, if the new signal is outside the designed RWR threshold in comparison to other signals in memory, then instead of a 'chirp' the RWR system will produce a long audio alert. Now the pilot is aware of a FOCUSED threat. His RWR produced a long alert but other pilots will have only 'chirps' in their RWR systems. If a missile have an actual radar lock on his aircraft, that would be item four from the list above. The missile's radar is 'pinging' the jet repeatedly so its signal's repetition will be obvious to the RWR system.

To the greater issue...

This is why SIGINT is so critical and why the US spends so much resources on the mission. Without breaking OPSEC, I can say that for US, competent US pilots can distinguish out a missile radar 'chirp' BEFORE it becomes a focused threat -- THE long audio tone. Knowing that there is a missile in the air by way of its radar signal BEFORE it can lock on you can save your life and the mission. In fact, if I know from a 'chirp' that there is a ground based search radar, I can take evasive maneuvers BEFORE there is a 'chirp' from a missile radar.

Hope it helped in your understanding.

Last edited:
history of adulteration
D1EFxjoXgAEMSW0.jpg

Both PAF and IAF have convinced their respective nations that they shot down each other's jets and didn't lose any of their own.

Win win, in my opinion. Otherwise a retaliation would be needed.

Both PAF and IAF have convinced their respective nations that they shot down each other's jets and didn't lose any of their own.

India convinced it's population that it's a Supa dupa pawa

World media/pundits/OEM manufacturers and Pakistan are convinced that 1 mig shot, no f16 and maybe a su30 shot.

They only loosers here are the Indian people......but they want to be fooled so don't feel too bad for them.

Agreed. Except:

- Pakistan had an Indian pilot and wreckage of his aircraft.

- Pakistan produced footage of its attack on India.

- All india had was a part of a missile fired by Pakistan onto ANOTHER Indian aircraft.

So it's clear why Pakistanis are satisfied.

But how has India been able to fool its populace when all the evidence shows a complete failure on both 26 and 27th feb by IAF?

India convinced it's population that it's a Supa dupa pawa

World media/pundits/OEM manufacturers and Pakistan are convinced that 1 mig shot, no f16 and maybe a su30 shot.

They only loosers here are the Indian people......but they want to be fooled so don't feel too bad for them.

Proving my point. it's good for PAF as long as people believe their version

Same for IAF with Indians believing their version.

Since the beginning India is trying to convince the masses within India. They are consistently doing this and do not care how world takes it. At this they have succeeded effectively, knowing that they can’t convince the world with their version of events. Otherwise all the rubbish they have vomit is refused by the pandits. Their ego is hurt let them mend it they like it to be.

As graceful and beautiful that aircraft is, a callsign can be repetitive. I remember we used 3 forms of jets, and with lead, middle and rear were called Killer, Thunder and Storm respectively. Few months later same callsigns were used. If the IAF are to be more specific, they'd do well to declare the aircraft serial number and see if it matches the PAF claim or not.

Back
Top Bottom