What's new

India working to make Bangladesh a desert

India is a parasitic entity feeding off or exploiting Bangladesh.
Sure, for a change maybe you can post some neutral data to support this. Its like Raj Thakrey blaming bangladeshi's for the poor state of Mumbai. Your sentiments for a moment made me thankfull for Raj Thakrey who is driving the Bangaladeshi's out of my city. Later i realized both of you are two sides of same coin. Both of you are parasites who feed on others for survival.

Your economic status and success is your elites ability to exploit its poor, its marginalized, its religious and ethnic minorities the lower castes and
WoW. Im amazed, not being in INDIA, you have figured out reasons for my country's economic status. Maybe NOT implementing a uniform civil law was a bad idea. Maybe implementing a Quota for the backward classes is also a bad idea. Instead ..Can you share with us how BD treats its minorities and how you guys have been able to archive your economic status?

also your neighbors. The injustice of India is shown by the thousands of farmers that commit suicide every year out of sheer desperation.
Here you go again. So my countries economic status is due to my country exploiting our neighbors? Care to explain here ?
Regarding farmers committing suicide, we have enough nut heads like you in my country who blame government for this suicides. Im one of those who favor social development to take precedence over moon mission's .... but to blame government for farmer suicide is ridiculous. Did you happen to hear the loan waiver announced by GOI .. across country?

I repeat MBI, my country has its share of faults. My community is diverse. Different religion. Different languages. Different economic conditions. We have to bring about changes not by blaming others but by looking within.

Its reciprocal. In our metros we launch special drives to detect and deport the bangladeshi's ****'s who come to our cities. This people cross the borders and come in our cities. Live in Slums (the one you see in S-Dog-Millionaire).

We talked a lot about those Bangladeshi illegals. As BD govt cant identify them neither they could identify themselves as being Bangladeshis, so there is no question of Bangladeshi immigrants. Also India tried to dump their slum dweller through BD border and failed. Now when you have drives to detect them, where do you send them??? Gas chamber???

I agree. We have poverty in my country. And i belive its the same as it is in Bdesh and Pakistan. Regarding the point that you admit the reality and look forward to change.... well how about blaiming you election results on INDIAN VOTERS!!!!! Is that accepting the reality? How easy it is for you guys to blame everything on India (just like my politicians blame every terrorists attack on pakistan). Simply blame election wins on indian voters and claim we accept reality.

Please understand that we as indians dont blame you or pkaistani's for our economic status .... whereas from what i can make out on this forum, india is blamed for many of your(bangladesh) economic problems.

I never blamed India for anything. I was responding to a quote. And regarding economic problem.. I am not sure what problem you talked about. Yes we have poverty but we also have a vibrant and resilient economy. We could not have achieved so much as we did so far if we were with India. Just guess, half of India's former state having an independent country now competing with whole India in a lot of different sectors. You think thats a small achievement??? We only got some swamp in 1947, no cities no industry, no universities. 1971, everything grounded to ashes. From there we came so far.
If we were with India, we could have been a backward muslim state like Assam or something and you will not see me writing on a forum like that. Might be working on paddy field or being identified as illegal alien from Mars(there were no BD to blame for):disagree:

Sure, for a change maybe you can post some neutral data to support this. Its like Raj Thakrey blaming bangladeshi's for the poor state of Mumbai. Your sentiments for a moment made me thankfull for Raj Thakrey who is driving the Bangaladeshi's out of my city. Later i realized both of you are two sides of same coin. Both of you are parasites who feed on others for survival.

Your trade barriers and tariff regime is sufficient proof of the parasitic nature of India. These policies encourage smuggling to Bangladesh's detriment but the Indians would never admit this. It is blind Indians like you who do not see the true nature of your government and the evil that it does.

WoW. Im amazed, not being in INDIA, you have figured out reasons for my country's economic status. Maybe NOT implementing a uniform civil law was a bad idea. Maybe implementing a Quota for the backward classes is also a bad idea. Instead ..Can you share with us how BD treats its minorities and how you guys have been able to archive your economic status?

For all the alleged reforms in India there has been very little substantive that has been achieved. There has been so many commission reports on the disparity and discrimination in India but you ignore them.

BD treats its minorities very well indeed. Minorities are represented well above their proportion of the population in every sector of government and business.

Here you go again. So my countries economic status is due to my country exploiting our neighbors? Care to explain here?

see my comments above

Regarding farmers committing suicide, we have enough nut heads like you in my country who blame government for this suicides. Im one of those who favor social development to take precedence over moon mission's .... but to blame government for farmer suicide is ridiculous. Did you happen to hear the loan waiver announced by GOI .. across country?

The farmer suicides must be explained somehow. It could be down to the unjust economic policies of the government. India tries to behave like a superpower but this is killing its people.

I repeat MBI, my country has its share of faults. My community is diverse. Different religion. Different languages. Different economic conditions. We have to bring about changes not by blaming others but by looking within.

May be if India was split along religious, linguistic and ethnic lines in a massive partition the new State entities would be able to provide better opportunities for their citizens then an enlarged India can do.

The bottom line of story:
Yes we are working to make Bangladesh and pakistan ,a desert. Come and stop us if u can.

Well Tornado!!

I would not like to see you presenting India as the bullying neighbor as some creeps here wants to project. I hope u're well aware where the (c)ulture of hatred had landed up our neighbors in (that applies to ourseves also in some cases). So I would advice you to keep mum if you cannot say something constructive like someone pointing out to the affect of rising sea level being more detrimental to BD.

Regards.

Your trade barriers and tariff regime is sufficient proof of the parasitic nature of India. These policies encourage smuggling to Bangladesh's detriment but the Indians would never admit this. It is blind Indians like you who do not see the true nature of your government and the evil that it does.
Discussions are on to remove trade tariffs and regimens and a proposal for FTA is being considered by both countries. However even with FTA how well the trade imblance can be reduced is yet to be seen, given the poor insfrastructe and finance in bangladesh for your companies.

For all the alleged reforms in India there has been very little substantive that has been achieved. There has been so many commission reports on the disparity and discrimination in India but you ignore them.

Reforms in india is slow due to beurocracy and corrpution. However we have achieved sustantial headways in many areas, which cannot be denied either.

BD treats its minorities very well indeed. Minorities are represented well above their proportion of the population in every sector of government and business.
You may re check your claims in the following website
Bangladesh - Human Rights Congress for Bangladesh Minorities (HRCBM)
Every country have its fair share of bad apples you know..!!!

The farmer suicides must be explained somehow. It could be down to the unjust economic policies of the government. India tries to behave like a superpower but this is killing its people.

Linking farmer scuicides to the India Behaving like super power is stuipd. However many of the reasons is being the uneducated farmers take loans and use it forthe marriages of their children instead of investingin for the purpuose it has been taken.. these have lead to many suciede cases.. along with normal problem of loss in agriculture. However if you take loan you have to repay and i dont think there is any unjust economic policy in that. However if you might have read, GOI have waivered farm loans to the farmers, there by bearing the burnt of the liability arising out of such waiver. That is called going out of the way to help people..!!! even though it is a bad ecnomic decision..!!!!

May be if India was split along religious, linguistic and ethnic lines in a massive partition the new State entities would be able to provide better opportunities for their citizens then an enlarged India can do.

Well ofcourse its a dream of every ANTI-INDIA guy aint it;) But dear dividing people based on their religion and ethinicity is a NAZI mentality. So don't try to sell that dall anywhere.. :P

However to clear your misconception, each state in india have a certain level of automonmy and its the people of the state who decieds who will govern them and not the center. And that is democracy my dear. Even today Many states have funds which go unutilised, because of the inefficiency of the state governemnt. India is very much needed for as its providing us with opporutinties and security and the fact that i am a keralite workin in haryana is a small example of the opporunities that the idea called india provides. So if one brother fails you got the the rest 27 brothers willing to help ya... you know.. ;)

Last edited:
India asked not to build Tipaimukh dam before deal: Dipu Moni

Dhaka, March 3 (bdnews24.com)—Bangladesh has urged India not to construct Tipaimukh dam that will stop water flowing into the country until the negotiations on sharing of Meghna waters are closed, the foreign minister says.

Dipu Moni also told parliament Tuesday that New Delhi also agreed to share technical data on the construction of the dam over the river Meghna in the northeastern Bangladesh.

The minister spoke after ruling Awami League MP Hafiz Ahmad Majumder asked for diplomatic initiatives to stop India constructing the dam.

He said unless Bangladesh lodged a strong protest right away, India would go ahead with the project.

"India has assured us that it will not take any initiative which will go against Bangladesh's interest," Dipu Moni said.

She said Bangladesh did discuss the construction of the Tipaimukh dam with India at bilateral meetings.

She said sharing of Meghna waters would be included in the upcoming meeting of the Joint Rivers Commission.

Majumder said India had said the issue would be negotiated when Bangladesh protested the construction of Farakka Dam, but the dam was finally commissioned.

"India is going ahead with the (Tipaimukh) project.

He said many Indian people are against the project.

India undertook the Tipaimukh dam project over the common river Meghna, known as Barak across the border, a few years back.

Environmentalists both in Bangladesh and India have been opposing the project over the Meghna fearing adverse impact on environment.

Originating in India the river runs through the greater Sylhet before emptying itself into the Bay of Bengal.

A good number of rivers and water bodies in Sylhet region are dependent on the Meghna's flow.

Bangladesh has repeatedly been urging India to share technical data on the project. But New Delhi is yet to share the data though it diplomatically agreed to provide the same.

:: bdnews24.com ::

Drastic fall in the Teesta

ACCORDING to a delayed media report received from Lalmonirhat, water level of the river Teesta has fallen sharply this season reaching the lowest ever record disrupting irrigation for agriculture and navigation. Environmentalists fear this would bring a 'disastrous situation' in navigation, fisheries, agriculture and forestry. The abnormal fall in the Teesta is attributed to the unilateral withdrawal of water by upper riparian neighbour at the upstream as the adverse effect or impact of India's Farakka Barrage has been felt acutely in the southwestern part of the country. People living on both sides of the Teesta have already started bearing the brunt.

If the present trend of fall in water level continues, environmentalists and experts apprehend, the Teesta river will not exist as shoals have already emerged along vast areas of riverbed creating difficulties to plying of river vessels on different routes. Bangladesh Water Development Board sources say, the water level of the Teesta started falling from mid-September though the water level at Dalia of Hatibandha Upazila in the district remained below the required level in the last five years. The water level of the Teesta was 13 centimetres at Dalia against 18 centimetres during the same period last year as the declining trend of the water is noticeable for the last ten years.

Many hand tubewells in Lalmonirhat and adjacent areas along the river have also dried out and similarly hundreds of shallow tubewells used in irrigating croplands have become inoperative for the same reason. Farmers in the Teesta Irrigation Project areas are of the view that the deep tubewells used to irrigate the farmlands might fail to lift sufficient water and the situation would 'pose a threat to agriculture this year.'

The New Nation - Internet Edition

HRCBM is RAW sponsored.

Well dont you have any other job than blame RAW and India.. ;) Any ways the dwindling numbers of minorities in Bangladesh doesnt give any other picture??? And please dont say that all minorities have adopted family planning and stuff... which explain the drasit dwindling of minority poplulation. Coz if you can support the facts i would say india and china can adopt the stargies adopted by minorities in bangladesh for family planning ;) Coz from 30 % at the time of partition the minorities have become 10% as on 2002. Thats quite an achievement right..???? ;) And what do you have to say abt vested property act.. and the implicit constituation that no one from minority can become the head of the state.. and the almost nil representation of minorities in jidiciaory (0%) military(1%) and police (4%)

Govt unhappy about Padma water inflow: Minister

The government is not happy over the volume of water flowing from Farakka point into the Padma, the water resouces minister has said.

As little as 42000 cusecs of water were received on Monday whereas 56000 cusecs were available 15 days ago, water resources minister Ramesh Chandra Sen told reporters on Tuesday.

To ensure proper use and management of waters in Padma, the Ganges barrage project was finalised and sent to the Cabinet Committee On Purchase. The work on the project will begin on approval by the committee, he said.

After completion of all formalities in two years, tenders will be invited for construction of the barrage, Sen told reporters at his Secretariat office.
"We have started the process of dam construction by creating blocks on seventy rivers in two and a half months. Besides, 25,000 tonnes of wheat were sanctioned for building dams on the rivers in the Sidr-affected areas and their protection.

"About 90 percent of work has been completed."

He said the India- Ban-gladesh Joint River Com-mission would discuss issues such as reclamation of land eroded by border rives, inter-river link project by India near the Tepaimukh embankment and water sharing of common rivers.
On why the JRC meeting had not been held for so long, the minister said, "India is now concerned with the (general) election. That is why scope to discuss these issues before election is thin. But after the election, date for the JRC meeting will be fixed".

About the causes for reduced water flow in the Surma, Kushaira and Teesta, the minister said, it needed to be kept in mind that in last seven months there was no rainfall in these areas.

Besides, because of siltation, water absorption capacity of these rivers has gone down. Initiative has been taken to excavate these rivers. Dredgers were sent in Kushaira and Surma, Sen further said.

http://www.thebangladeshtoday.com/back page.htm#back page -01

HRCBM is RAW sponsored.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

OH GOD, the utlimate weapon in a 'debate' !!!!!

u don't like ur govt - its raw sponsored
a BD newspaper prints something that goes against dreamed up theories - they are raw sponsored
bangadeshis vote overwhelmingly for AL - the election is raw sponsored
banglabhai kills bangladeshis - banglabai is raw sponsored
BD army hangs banglabhai -BD army is raw sponsored

listen, we admit. raw is just one of our many gods. u can't do anything abt it. u jamatis are funny.....

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

OH GOD, the utlimate weapon in a 'debate' !!!!!

u don't like ur govt - its raw sponsored
a BD newspaper prints something that goes against dreamed up theories - they are raw sponsored
bangadeshis vote overwhelmingly for AL - the election is raw sponsored
banglabhai kills bangladeshis - banglabai is raw sponsored
BD army hangs banglabhai -BD army is raw sponsored

listen, we admit. raw is just one of our many gods. u can't do anything abt it. u jamatis are funny.....

No really HRCBM is RAW sponsored -

HRCBM: Enemy of the State

Monday February 05 2007 15:54:09 PM BDT

Dhaka Mails

Bangladesh has been receiving coverage since 2001 in both the print and Internet media, however, much of that coverage has been predominantly negative. Hence, E-force Team has undertaken the investigation of an organization called Human Rights Congress on Bangladesh Minorities (HRCBM) and prepared a report to provide a picture of the extent of international anti-Bangladesh propaganda spearheaded by (HRCBM) for the benefit of individuals, the media and the Bangladesh Government. Emails exchanged between HRCBM members are the main source for the attached Report.

HRCBM members interact and plot via an Internet forum, United Minority that comprises of members whose words speak of utter hatred for Bangladesh in all forms. They speak of boycotting Bangladesh made products and "Islamizing" Bangladesh before the world's eyes to denigrate and humiliate Bangladeshis.

HRCBM is not a lone actor in this grand enterprise. HRCBM is linked to associations like Mayer Dak, a Kolkata based newspaper with a prolific Internet presence and World Hindu Federation. How much of HRCBM's allegation against Bangladesh is true? Is the number of people dying, looted and beaten accurate? Who is compiling data for HRCBM? Where is the stream of information coming from? No one is denying that a number of Hindus and poor and powerless Muslims has been target of assault and are dead, but the question is was this a cause of systemic religious fanaticism? Or, unfortunate isolated events, hooligans, maastans, and depraved individuals are taking advantage of following the change in administration? The present report unravels some of these questions.

The recent spat of atrocities against some Bangladeshis is not an institutionalized practice. These crimes are not condoned by the State, the Government and the people and are looked as a vice against the freedom of all people's right to live justly, without fear, and to exercise the rights of every man born free in its country of citizenship and origin.

We hope the readers will find the Report useful. We hope that we become alert and work together to make Bangladesh for all its citizens' safe, just and fair and remain faithful to truth.

To view the full report please follow the link below:

HRCBM:ENEMY OF THE STATE...
http://bangladeshunited.alochona.org/bangladeshunited/lobby/EnemyOfTheState.pdf

LINK -

http://www.bangladesh-web.com/view.php?hidRecord=150014

No really HRCBM is RAW sponsored -

HRCBM: Enemy of the State

Monday February 05 2007 15:54:09 PM BDT

Dhaka Mails

Bangladesh has been receiving coverage since 2001 in both the print and Internet media, however, much of that coverage has been predominantly negative. Hence, E-force Team has undertaken the investigation of an organization called Human Rights Congress on Bangladesh Minorities (HRCBM) and prepared a report to provide a picture of the extent of international anti-Bangladesh propaganda spearheaded by (HRCBM) for the benefit of individuals, the media and the Bangladesh Government. Emails exchanged between HRCBM members are the main source for the attached Report.

HRCBM members interact and plot via an Internet forum, United Minority that comprises of members whose words speak of utter hatred for Bangladesh in all forms. They speak of boycotting Bangladesh made products and "Islamizing" Bangladesh before the world's eyes to denigrate and humiliate Bangladeshis.

HRCBM is not a lone actor in this grand enterprise. HRCBM is linked to associations like Mayer Dak, a Kolkata based newspaper with a prolific Internet presence and World Hindu Federation. How much of HRCBM's allegation against Bangladesh is true? Is the number of people dying, looted and beaten accurate? Who is compiling data for HRCBM? Where is the stream of information coming from? No one is denying that a number of Hindus and poor and powerless Muslims has been target of assault and are dead, but the question is was this a cause of systemic religious fanaticism? Or, unfortunate isolated events, hooligans, maastans, and depraved individuals are taking advantage of following the change in administration? The present report unravels some of these questions.

The recent spat of atrocities against some Bangladeshis is not an institutionalized practice. These crimes are not condoned by the State, the Government and the people and are looked as a vice against the freedom of all people's right to live justly, without fear, and to exercise the rights of every man born free in its country of citizenship and origin.

We hope the readers will find the Report useful. We hope that we become alert and work together to make Bangladesh for all its citizens' safe, just and fair and remain faithful to truth.

To view the full report please follow the link below:

HRCBM:ENEMY OF THE STATE...
http://bangladeshunited.alochona.org/bangladeshunited/lobby/EnemyOfTheState.pdf

LINK -

http://www.bangladesh-web.com/view.php?hidRecord=150014

There are scores of HR organisations operating in india and they take india's case on various violations of hr too. many of these are linked to other organisations etc etc and an obvious irritant to the 'true indian nationalists'. however that does not mean they are sponsored by the jamat e islami bangladesh (or whatever porpoganda / terrorist / world domination / water denial org of bangladesh).

btw the links u provided, any chance u wrote those?

btw the links u provided, any chance u wrote those?

Did you mean I wrote the links or the reports that the links lead to? If the latter no. The reports disclose intercepted telephone conversations of the operatives of HRCBM and there is no doubt who they work for.

Back
Top Bottom