What's new

Indian IT company hires 2000 in Sri Lanka

Status
Not open for further replies.
"INDIA IT COMPANIES CAN NOT BUILD SEARCH ENGINE IN THE NEXT 5 DECADES"

sorry to all but i cant ignore anymore:angry:

Regarding Search Engine
Forget what is shown to you in your own limited chinease internet....

well india's Search Engine in next 5 years

Here are india's indigenous search engine

Guruji.com started 4 years back(2006)

AND 100'S OF OTHER LOCAL SEARCH ENGINES... OLDEST ONE BEING STARTED IN 1995

intreasting read..

"Rajesh launched IndiaWorld, the largest collection of India-centric websites in 1995 (Samachar.com, Khel.com, Khoj.com etc), which he sold to Satyam Infoway, in November 1999, in one of Asia's biggest Internet acquisitions. "

Rajesh Jain is an engineer and Managing Director of Mumbai-based Netcore Solutions Pvt Ltd, conceptualized in 1998 with the aim of offering affordable software solutions to Indian companies.

and regarding the innovation vs cheap matter
Read further:
In April 2009, Forbes rated Infosys among the 5 best performing companies in the software and services sector in the world.[14]

In 2009, Infosys was considered one of the BusinessWeek's 50 Most Innovative Companies.

Wipro Technologies named Asian Most Admired Knowledge Enterprise second year in a row and it was the World’s first CMMi ver 1.1 Level 5 company and world's first PCMM Level 5 company
-Was Ranked the 7th software services company in the world by BusinessWeek
-DC rates Wipro as the leader among worldwide offshore service providers.
.and much more but time doesn't permits me

Last edited:
What a thread!! There is only one post (the first one) that is related to the topic.

My dear Indian friends, do we need to prove anything? So why bother about what our neighbours feels about our IT industry. We are not getting much IT revenue from them.

The people and companies who are investing in our IT industry have great faith in us. That is what matters. We have R & D centers of Microsoft, Oracle, Google, Yahoo, Sun Microsystems and many more.

well it seems mr. reverse engineered zaid hamid is on fire now..in full form...seems some application error thats why he is talking in technical term...

i wonder what the F**K he is been doing for 10 yrs on LINUX platform.. when after so much so called technical expertise in unix the max he can ask is for p2p downloaders....
BTW mr. rv.eng. for ten years you are su****g the LINUX.... its time to move on...

and i said shchinease limited internet --i mean it

please visit

Sites Inaccessible in China - Documentation of Internet Filtering in China

if we copy the list of these web sites to ms-office word

this list aqquires gigantic 1000 pages! @regular font size

shcinease where r u living!! ... dnd kung fu movies over p2p:mps::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:....i can't stop laughing Reversed engineered Zaid Hamid

:rofl: both are search companies,

Guruji.com ranked 1500th in the world web traffic ranking

while

Baidu.com ranked 9th in the world web traffic ranking.

didn't you see the huge difference between our "IT industries"?

its just that indians have enough english acumen to use world's no.1 & no.2 search engines... now you can:hitwall:

Isn't Rediff having its own messnger(Rediff Bol) and search engine?.If an application is designed to scale on more than one server,it can handle millions of hits by adding appropriate no of servers.Only budget is the constraint here.

No, my friend TexasJaswinder, one of the designers of the Pentium was an Indian-American.

Absolutely 100% correct.

In fact, most IT programmers are just plain coders, whether they are Indian, American or Norwegian. In the business world, they are called 'code monkeys'. This includes so-called designers and architects. Most design/architecture is a cookie-cutter rehash of established patterns and requires very little original, creative thought. I challenge any 'software architect' to tell me if they use even 5% of computer science theory they learned in college. In fact the term 'software engineer' itself is controversial.

Western firms hire Indian IT workers mostly as a cheap supply of 'code monkeys'. There are R&D centers for the few talented individuals, who get paid much better salaries, but those are mostly in hardware and are a tiny fraction of the total IT industry.

In any case, most people have missed the whole point of the article. Sri Lanka now provides better value for money than India. Since IT wages in India have gone up, most of the guys with actual talent are overpriced. For the same money that you would get an average, mediocre coder in India, you can get a far more talented individual in Sri Lanka. Or Vietnam. Or Phillipines.

Agreed...

But its not only Hardware or software, there is something called as systems engineering. Thats a huge trend in India these days. Most of the talented kids are into it and it pays huge mullah. In India you get paid almost equivalent to US salary ( 2 Lacs INR per month == 4500 USD for 7 yrs equivalent experience level ). And please dont argue with me on this point as I have first hand experience on this.

Most of the storage domain companies like Brocade, Emulex, Chelsio etc have Bangalored a huge part of their R&D division and they also pay almost equivalent to what I mentioned earlier.

About the better career path and all, well I cant understand that, SL on their own can not go into product development on their own and after the civil war the quick fix solution is to get services work and gain expertise. I second that thought. Wipro already has a development center in China ( 400 people strong when I last knew), as the labour cost is way too cheaper than that in India.

:rofl: both are search companies,

Guruji.com ranked 1500th in the world web traffic ranking

while

Baidu.com ranked 9th in the world web traffic ranking.

didn't you see the huge difference between our "IT industries"?

Yes. Guruji ranks 1500 because most Indians have Google as their home page, so why would they need guruji.com or some other poor brother search engine?

Chinese, on the other hand, are hampered because alphabets don't make sense to them, only pictograms - The well known English Handicap!!!! THAT is why baidu is 9th in world ranking - 20% of the world is chinese, and they need the chinese search engine for getting along with life - Irony is that it filters out those thousands of websites and makes them live in a fool's paradise.

Yes. Guruji ranks 1500 because most Indians have Google as their home page, so why would they need guruji.com or some other poor brother search engine?

more excuse.

then how about IM software companies that can support 100 million online users?
how about office software companies that can force MS to sell the MS office suite for $20 a copy?
how about online gaming companies?
how about companies that can design advanced multiple core general purpose processor?
how about domestic companies that build supercomputers?
how about companies that can build the backbone of the internet?
or maybe the mobile network supporting billions of calls a day?
how about online shopping companies that can kick ebay's *** and driven it out of business?

Chinese, on the other hand, are hampered because alphabets don't make sense to them, only pictograms - The well known English Handicap!!!! THAT is why baidu is 9th in world ranking - 20% of the world is chinese, and they need the chinese search engine for getting along with life - Irony is that it filters out those thousands of websites and makes them live in a fool's paradise.

:smokin: because we didn't got UK fxxking us for 200 years?

indians should just wake up and check up the world and see is there any developed country that is forced to use english.

if you want to deny this, fine, list one single developed nation which abandoned their native language and switched to English.

when you even couldn't keep your native language and make it the uniform language of the nation, who you can avoid being divided into piece and being conquered one by one?

We should either close this thread or rename it immediately. Nothing on the topic.

We should either close this thread or rename it immediately. Nothing on the topic.

we are discussing the IT industry of india. what is the problem here? As long as this thread is about the IT industry of india or other countries in the region, I don't see any problem here. please don't request for censorship.

for example, as a regular member on different military forums, I will be eager to know whether india (i.e. the fake IT giant) has the capacity to build its own fire control computer for its LCA.

Let's start from the processor of that fire control computer. Can you tell me which indian company builds the processor for that fire control computer? or do you have to rely on foreign components? how about the memory chips? storage devices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom